Armored Core VI: Fires Of Rubicon -Action Game of The Year- 2023

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
My only real complaint is the stagger mechanic/damage. Bosses do so much damage that constantly chasing to stagger makes some guns worthless. Bosses have quick recovery too so its even worse. There's just no use for some of these guns unless they change up the damage formula. It's all heavy weaponry, pulse, and the energy sword for any boss I face so far.

Sea spider is an absolutely retarded boss fight. Legit was running out of ammo and realized melee is the safer bet :mjlol:

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
My only real complaint is the stagger mechanic/damage. Bosses do so much damage that constantly chasing to stagger makes some guns worthless. Bosses have quick recovery too so its even worse. There's just no use for some of these guns unless they change up the damage formula. It's all heavy weaponry, pulse, and the energy sword for any boss I face so far.

Sea spider is an absolutely retarded boss fight. Legit was running out of ammo and realized melee is the safer bet :mjlol:
Melee is vital for inflicting heavy damage on bosses however go to your os menu and invest in the damage you want. My explosive and melee damage were maxed out since chapter 4. Bosses do recover quickly so you have to be up on them right before you stagger them.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Melee is vital for inflicting heavy damage on bosses however go to your os menu and invest in the damage you want. My explosive and melee damage were maxed out since chapter 4. Bosses do recover quickly so you have to be up on them right before you stagger them.

I definitely redid my OS chips. Right now I have 2 levels of explosive damage. About to also sell the repair kit upgrade, which is worthless at the moment, and get terminal armor.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

You can’t be a heavy nikka and try and melee also, especially against these faster bosses, shyt just takes forever to close the gap between them to make it not even worth it.

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
I definitely redid my OS chips. Right now I have 2 levels of explosive damage. About to also sell the repair kit upgrade, which is worthless at the moment, and get terminal armor.
Repair kits are ass just go with damage mitigation and I never fukked with terminal but I had 2 charges of assault armor. That shyt saved me against several bosses.
You can’t be a heavy nikka and try and melee also, especially against these faster bosses, shyt just takes forever to close the gap between them to make it not even worth it.
Naaa you can if you have the heavy reverse joints. Them shyts had me running up on everything in ch 4 and after like :birdman: Pilebunker records

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Repair kits are ass just go with damage mitigation and I never fukked with terminal but I had 2 charges of assault armor. That shyt saved me against several bosses.

Naaa you can if you have the heavy reverse joints. Them shyts had me running up on everything in ch 4 and after like :birdman: Pilebunker records

And you wasn’t getting winded?

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area

I maxed out my direct damage after stagger stat for OS. That should help a lot

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Spent my entire lunch break trying to kill the first boss, really disappointed with a bulletsponge boss from Fromsogoat.
You gotta rush him down. This is a game about movement, don't be afraid to go in.

It took me 2 tries to beat the first boss. As soon as that sword recharges, assault boost in and give him a 2 piece, he will go down in less than 2 minutes.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

You're right about some guns not doing enough damage to stagger bosses reliably, but I don't understand how people are having issues with that spider boss. I beat him in less than an hour with two laser guns, I struggled way more with balteus.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
You're right about some guns not doing enough damage to stagger bosses reliably, but I don't understand how people are having issues with that spider boss. I beat him in less than an hour with two laser guns, I struggled way more with balteus.
Yeah beat the spider second try once I switch the light build with 2 plasma rifles and the songbird and the 6 pack missle launcher.

I just unlocked the chainsaw recently I like it but I’m trying to figure out the timing in battle.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

i think people kinda...... over simplify the stagger dynamic tbh

like you don't need to be emptying clips non stop to get that stagger and have that be the only gameplan. you just need *one* bullet to tap on an enemy to maintain that stagger that gauge a bit while you reposition/reload/etc to set up for a burst of damage. the main reason i held onto that first charge up linear rifle for so long was because i could rely on it to just tap on enemies while everything else caught up

like honesty - melee'ing for damage and melee'ing for stagger should be looked at ENTIRELY differently when putting your build and gameplan together. very few people are doing that though. the most braindead build in the game is double gats and shoulder mounted heavy-anythings... at the same time, people don't even grasp where the limits of that kind of setup are