Armored Core VI: Fires Of Rubicon -Action Game of The Year- 2023

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Yeah I got close in my last two tries by being more aggresive, also realized thay the mecha actually flies closer to the target once you hit the melee button, that certainly helped a lot.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Spent my entire lunch break trying to kill the first boss, really disappointed with a bulletsponge boss from Fromsogoat.

You gotta stagger it and do your big damage when it’s down. If you’re just doing chip damage with the gun/missles while trying not to get hit, its gonna be a bullet sponge at best, whereas other bosses that’s just a skill check entirely. You’re not beating them like that period. It’s a lot like sekiro in that being on aggressive on offense is your best defense. You gotta apply pressure and kill these things before they kill you first

Build up the stagger meter with rifle and missle shots until it’s almost maxed out, position yourself for a clean shot, then assault boost in the air toward it while firing missles and bullets. It’ll overload the stagger meter, stun him, then hit a double slash with the sword and it will take out a huge chunk of his health. Rinse and repeat. Use missles while shooting the gun if you happen to stagger him while you’re too far away to hit with the sword. Those brief windows are where you’re going to do 90% of your total boss damage regardless of your build or weapon type

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I may come back around on it but honestly I just don't like being in the types of fights that it would shine the most in.

I've seen some ridiculous shyt tanked by it though. Can't argue how straight up effective it is.
My 1st playthrough I was using the shield. It's good but the biggest problem is vs the bosses the amount of damage and shyt coming at you kind of makes it worthless. It's better for those giant cannons you face on some levels so you can rush.

I haven't used the other shield I've seen in the store yet though.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
Spent my entire lunch break trying to kill the first boss, really disappointed with a bulletsponge boss from Fromsogoat.
after getting washed hella times i ran tank legs and tian core for maximum hp then dual laser rifles and dual laser cannons. took 3 tries

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
You gotta stagger it and do your big damage when it’s down. If you’re just doing chip damage with the gun/missles while trying not to get hit, its gonna be a bullet sponge at best, whereas other bosses that’s just a skill check entirely. You’re not beating them like that period. It’s a lot like sekiro in that being on aggressive on offense is your best defense. You gotta apply pressure and kill these things before they kill you first

Build up the stagger meter with rifle and missle shots until it’s almost maxed out, position yourself for a clean shot, then assault boost in the air toward it while firing missles and bullets. It’ll overload the stagger meter, stun him, then hit a double slash with the sword and it will take out a huge chunk of his health. Rinse and repeat. Use missles while shooting the gun if you happen to stagger him while you’re too far away to hit with the sword. Those brief windows are where you’re going to do 90% of your total boss damage regardless of your build or weapon type
Wait you can stagger them? How the fukk I do that?

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The gatling guns and songbirds also made short work of the spider :laff:

The second phase where it's flying in the air was a bit harder to do damage but damn this build is kinda OP

The main issue has been conserving ammo and not going too wild with them

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The gatling guns and songbirds also made short work of the spider :laff:

The second phase where it's flying in the air was a bit harder to do damage but damn this build is kinda OP

The main issue has been conserving ammo and not going too wild with them

Songbirds are crazy. Instant stagger if not death on anything that's not a boss.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I can get Malenia down to her second form easily now but god damn those sword slashes keep catching me off guard. :mjcry:

This is a straight up dark souls fight

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
For that fight I stayed mid to long range and blasted her. I charged up my laser rifle when she did the attack where she lunges at you with the two whips and does a single blade slash that comes at you and shot her after the dash. I shot the laser drones at her at alternating times so that the stagger would build. I also alternated my laser rifle shots so that the guns wouldn't overheat.

R-arm: Laser Rifle VP-66LR
L-arm: Laser Rifle VP-66LR
R-shoulder: Laser Drone-Vvc-700LD
L-shoulder: Laser Drone-Vvc-700LD

For the rest of the game I just used dual Laser Cannons VP-60LCS on my shoulders. I also used the VvC-70LB laser sword on my left arm. I couldn't hit her with those attacks without taking too much damage because she was too fast.

I ended up beating the game. I got the "good" ending.

For Arquebus Balteus I used

R-arm: Liner Rifle LR-037 Harris
L-arm: Laser VvC-70LB laser sword
R-shoulder: Stun Needle Launcher VE-60SNA
L-shoulder: Laser Cannon VP-60LCS

This guy was tough until I swapped my weapons. My laser attacks wouldn't get though his shield. The Stun Needle Launcher VE-60SNA destroyed his shield and made the fight much easier. I used the charged laser sword and laser cannon when his shield was down.

I used an ignorant weapon selection for Handler Walter

R-arm: Liner Rifle LR-037 Harris
L-arm: Grenade Launcher DIZZY
R-shoulder: Stun Needle Launcher VE-60SNA
L-shoulder: Grenade Cannon EARSHOT

I would use the Stun Needle Launcher to generate lots of stagger. I would push him into stagger when I had grenade weapons ready. 1 shot from 1 grenade weapon would do half damage with a direct hit. I think I ended up beating him in under 7 total tries.
I beat her before I went to sleep this morning, I played her odee aggressive fukk it. Charged Pilebunker deals 45% damage :mjlol: it's hard to get off but when you do you feel like a GOD :whew:
N I'm not opening those spoilers :ufdup:
:francis: So I wasn't alone in feeling some type of way about Walter. So I took y'alls advice in taking him out first. Repped. I'm not trying to dance with buddy so I swapped out my pulse rifles with the HI-16: GU-Q1 to delete his shield and the grenade launcher to finish him fast..

This nikka Walter had me doing the stanky leg out here. :smh:

Naaa you wasn't lmaoo Walter and Carla be saying the most off the wall shyt mid combat like shut tf up I'm fighting for my life :damn:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i feel like im pulling out every trick in the book on this bytch, its just hard as hell to dodge those sword attacks

5abb9e6a3216741c008b462d

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
i feel like im pulling out every trick in the book on this bytch, its just hard as hell to dodge those sword attacks

5abb9e6a3216741c008b462d

For the 3 slashes boost to one side twice and then boost once to the opposite direction. When she does the x slash go to the left or right and then boost in the opposite direction. In phase 2 when she does the flying phoenix attack boost right on first attack, boost left on the second, and jump the third.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
For the 3 slashes boost to one side twice and then boost once to the opposite direction. When she does the x slash go to the left or right and then boost in the opposite direction. In phase 2 when she does the flying phoenix attack boost right on first attack, boost left on the second, and jump the third.

Which is the one with the huge sweeping slash? Thats the one she always catches me on