Armored Core VI: Fires Of Rubicon -Action Game of The Year- 2023

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You're right about some guns not doing enough damage to stagger bosses reliably, but I don't understand how people are having issues with that spider boss. I beat him in less than an hour with two laser guns, I struggled way more with balteus.

Laser Cannons are beasts breh. I was fukking up goofing around with the regular machine and laser hand gun against him. Struggle city :mjlol:
i think people kinda...... over simplify the stagger dynamic tbh

like you don't need to be emptying clips non stop to get that stagger and have that be the only gameplan. you just need *one* bullet to tap on an enemy to maintain that stagger that gauge a bit while you reposition/reload/etc to set up for a burst of damage. the main reason i held onto that first charge up linear rifle for so long was because i could rely on it to just tap on enemies while everything else caught up

like honesty - melee'ing for damage and melee'ing for stagger should be looked at ENTIRELY differently when putting your build and gameplan together. very few people are doing that though. the most braindead build in the game is double gats and shoulder mounted heavy-anythings... at the same time, people don't even grasp where the limits of that kind of setup are

I mean more like the way the stagger works is that if you aren't able to consistently stagger a boss, the amount of damage they do is just gonna wreck you. I know its a skill check but some guns just don't work well for reliably pinning a boss down.

Your bolded is 100% correct and that's where I was messing up when I first fought Balteus. I was thinking you need to burst them down all at once to get the stagger and would use up all my heavy arms and then wait for reload. Now, I try to maintain stagger while cycling enough to get it near the max. Then one or two shots with a primary weapon -> stagger -> unload everything. The issue is these bosses all do so much damage and can 2 shot you that it takes a while to get into the rhythm for it. But I think it's overall a good idea, just that some guns become obsolete in boss fights because it can come down to a DPS race. Plasma Rifles, Laser Cannons, Songbirds, Gatling Guns, and bazookas seem to be the go to choices for boss battles.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Chapter 4 boss? Naa pretty sure that's the hardest boss on FIRST PLAYTHROUGH. 8 new missions on NG+ and 17 on NG++ probably change that but deff the hardest on first run through regardless of build.

Why you lie to me bro? :mjcry:

this bytch Arye is working me like a cheap hoe. She only stays staggered for like 2 seconds also and then 10 seconds later reactiviates her shield. I hate how a lot of these bosses are just super fast. I feel like im mostly fighting the camera, but the time i find this bytch she’s slashing me in two just like that bytch Ibis :pacspit:

I wonder if the other end game boss is easier?

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
I have a complete different boss and I forgot how to use spoilers so I won't mention them but breh this bytch is Ibis on Crack :pachaha:

this bytch Arye is working me like a cheap hoe. She only stays staggered for like 2 seconds also and then 10 seconds later reactiviates her shield. I hate how a lot of these bosses are just super fast. I feel like im mostly fighting the camera, but the time i find this bytch she’s slashing me in two just like that bytch Ibis :pacspit:

Well as you see I said that before the fight started :russ: with that being said I beat her on way less tries the Ibis. She's fast asf but is a glass cannon.

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York

Also if you wanna Stun her quick dual Stun Needle Launchers

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Use the parry shield, that's how I beat her. Double long range shotties, the laser bugs that track enemies, parry shield and medium range chip.