Are you satisfied with the Nintendo Switch as of today?

Has the Switch been worth your money so far?

• Total voters

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
from what I'm seeing and from my experience myself the game was a really good game. there was a lot offered, but when you see the reviews that actually talk about the online's performance, they mention how bad it was.

Dude I'm as considerate as can be, but Splatoon did get knocked for its online, but what I see is people highlighting the good out of the game which is a good bit. The game is addicting and fun.

If you show me some of these games or even 1(don't care) that got knocked the hell out of for its online over its main mechanics that were supposed to make the game fun, then I'll understand.
First I'm gonna backtrack on splatoon since I've never played the game nor did I ever bring it up in the conversation.

Smash is the best example cause those games should have a big presence online but they dont. Just so happen that all online Nintendo games share the same fate.

As for an example of a game that was trashed for shytty online, most companies already know what would happen if they released a laggy, broken online mode so those games are pretty rare.

SF5 got trashed for bad online and they couldn't fall back on how well local play was.

I really cant think of a single game with online as bad as Nintendo games to be honest.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Nintendo games that get panned always get ignored in these discussions. People say they get a pass but ignore games that didn't get a pass like:

Mario Tennis Wii U
Star Fox Zero
New Super Luigi
paper Mario Color Splash
Gane & Wario
Mario Party Wii U
Hyrule Warriors

I mean there's plenty of Nintendo games that don't get passes yet they get conveniently ignored.

Go back to my original argument, I said that Nintendo is lazy with everything that isnt zelda, Mario, or pokemon. Those games fall into that category.

AAA Nintendo games are treated like Disney movies by critics.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Go back to my original argument, I said that Nintendo is lazy with everything that isnt zelda, Mario, or pokemon. Those games fall into that category.

AAA Nintendo games are treated like Disney movies by critics.
Lol okay man. Now it's AAA Nintendo games are treated like Disney.

except Super Mario Maker 3DS got panned for not having the same features as the Wii U version but I guess that doesn't work.
Seems like you just want to see them knocked down a peg for arbitrary reasons.
stop_liking.jpg

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Lol okay man. Now it's AAA Nintendo games are treated like Disney.

except Super Mario Maker 3DS got panned for not having the same features as the Wii U version but I guess that doesn't work.
Seems like you just want to see them knocked down a peg for arbitrary reasons.
I'm saying I dont wanna see a review talking about " the game is fun, but a very important part of the experience is almost unplayable under most circumstances. 10/10"

Or "the motion controls ruin the experience of this weak entry in the zelda franchise 10/10"
:stopitslime:
To me, Nintendo is lazy with everything that isn't Mario, zelda, and pokemon.

Last real metroid game came out 11 years ago. We haven't gotten an actual 3d Donkey Kong game since N64, they refuse to take starfox seriously as a franchise. 90% of their roster only ever see light of day when a new smash bros comes out.

Then critics treat Nintendo like Disney in that they refuse to give any negative criticism in most AAA Nintendo releases.
For example, skyward sword was trash but sits at a 93 on metacritic and got perfect scores across the board. I feel like that game is "the last jedi" of the gaming industry.

Nintendo is really the only developer who doesn't have to have decent, or any voice acting in their games.

Nintendo is allowed to make mistakes no other company can afford to make.

But I do like the switch.
:ehh:

That is what I said in my first post in this thread.

I haven't stated any different and you haven't proven my point wrong at all.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Switch is pretty much a Wii u port box aside from mario. Even zelda was a Wii u game

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I enjoy my switch, but
1. I just got it in December
2. Its a casual system I purchased soley for travel.
I be on long flights or train rides and be done with watching movies, I have something to play. My PS4 is too big and I don't wont to purchase an expensive gaming laptop for when I want to game on the road.. Sometimes I like to take mini vacay and just chill out and play games since my day to day life I don't get much time. I'm never going to finish Zelda, Mario, or xenoblades so for me its like I will always have something to play and this week I'm getting Mario tennis. They can do better but I think Nintendo knows they are a second or third console to most people so why try to rush out games every month

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
I bought it at launch and I regret it. Zelda doesn’t click with me, I finished a link between worlds before playing BOTW. LBW is pure piff and BOTW was really more subdued in comparison.

Mario was solid, I enjoyed that. Splatoon 2 feels way too much like part 1. Mario Kart is another port. I’m surprised how quickly Nintendo dropped support of Mario Kart. I thought we would gotten a lot of track dlc.

If you have big hands, the switch is a pain to play with in portable mode. Mr Shifty was the biggest surpise to me, that game was dope.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Honestly, after Zelda, Mario Kart, Mario, and Xenoblade 2 i haven't touched it.

Beat Xenoblade prolly in Decemberish? Hasn't been turned on since tbh :manny:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I’m surprised how quickly Nintendo dropped support of Mario Kart. I thought we would gotten a lot of track dlc.

I don't think that was ever the plan. MK8Deluxe is like the GoTY edition of the game with all DLC included. Doubt they were going to create additional content beyond already including all the DLC the Wii U version had.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
So Crimson Tider does have some standards :leon:

His horrible taste in rap had me concerned for the brotha

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Honestly, after Zelda, Mario Kart, Mario, and Xenoblade 2 i haven't touched it.

Beat Xenoblade prolly in Decemberish? Hasn't been turned on since tbh :manny:

I mean if you owned a Wii U there really isn’t a reason to turn it on. Although if you didn’t obviously Tropical Freeze and Bayonetta 2 are awesome games despite being ports.

Octopath Traveler seems to be the main game to look at until the holidays with Pokemon & smash.

Although the new Mario tennis seems interesting.