Are you satisfied with the Nintendo Switch as of today?

Has the Switch been worth your money so far?

• Total voters

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Smash 4 for it's horrid performance online. Splatoon 2 for how you're able to play with your friends. And I'm absolutely sure Pokemon Moon was for the horrid stuttering for the online battles.

Nintendo doesn't get a "pass" for this shyt. I think think the issue here is that some can find a little good in the bad, and it pisses people off for some reason when I'm sure it's the same case for literally every company.

Nether splatoon or smash 4 were knocked for having bad online, they always get excused from their online criticism with the "local play" excuse.

Pokemon moons online wasn't even brought up by reviewers.

If any other developer put out a fighting game or shooting game with online as bad as those 2 games, that game would be critically panned regardless oh how fun "local play" was.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I wont be satisfied till that price come down and they sell a Joycon with a proper D Pad.

And I REALLY wanna buy a Switch, just waiting for all the kinks to be ironed out, please understand.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not gonna buy any of those games on Switch if I can own it console or PC. Which I imagine majority of people who bought a Switch already have.
I'll probably buy Crash on the Switch again as well as the PC version despite owning the PS4 version. Plus, there's people who prefer the Switch version due to portability and would take that over quality graphics.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Nether splatoon or smash 4 were knocked for having bad online, they always get excused from their online criticism with the "local play" excuse.

If any other developer put out a fighting game or shooting game with online as bad as those 2 games, that game would be critically panned regardless oh how fun "local play" was.

Splatoon 2 doesn't have local play unless you use multiple switches. and the first one was barely a local because the game strictly used the gamepad.

a7vycu4esszip5ikms9v.png

the lag in smash 4 was a legit issue. But like I said, some can still find the good in the game. I don't know how badly you want the game to be knocked down due to something online, but the issues were there, and nobody was handing out passes for these issues.

qnelc4fmktkxpopp5uhz.png

Smash 4 and Splatoon 2 are good games regardless of the online.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Have you played Smash 4's online? It's not as bad as you're making it out to be. Brawl's online for the Wii was absolutely terrible, that I remember. Smash Wii U's online was barebones for the most part and some matches had input lag and whatnot but it was way better performance wise than brawls. At worst, it was inconsistent but functional. Most reviews rated it two weeks before it launched and online worked at launch. Some reviewers updated their reviews and some say it was functional, some say it was laggy. Even if Smash Wii U had no online mode, the game by itself is still fantastic. I just can't wrap my head around wanting to knock a game because one mode isn't perfect. You keep saying "if" another dev did this they'd be panned. Any examples?

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Splatoon 2 doesn't have local play unless you use multiple switches. and the first one was barely a local because the game strictly used the gamepad.

a7vycu4esszip5ikms9v.png

the lag in smash 4 was a legit issue. But like I said, some can still find the good in the game. I don't know how badly you want the game to be knocked down due to something online, but the issues were there, and nobody was handing out passes for these issues.

qnelc4fmktkxpopp5uhz.png

Smash 4 and Splatoon 2 are good games regardless of the online.
Smash 4 wasn't knocked at all for the online.

It got perfect or near perfect scores down the board.
:stopitslime:

I'm not saying they should trash the game for give it a 3, but atleast give enough criticism that Nintendo knows that online play is actually important to gamers.

These excuses are proving my point about Nintendo being allowed to make mistakes that no other company can make

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Have you played Smash 4's online? It's not as bad as you're making it out to be. Brawl's online for the Wii was absolutely terrible, that I remember. Smash Wii U's online was barebones for the most part and some matches had input lag and whatnot but it was way better performance wise than brawls. At worst, it was inconsistent but functional. Most reviews rated it two weeks before it launched and online worked at launch. Some reviewers updated their reviews and some say it was functional, some say it was laggy. Even if Smash Wii U had no online mode, the game by itself is still fantastic. I just can't wrap my head around wanting to knock a game because one mode isn't perfect. You keep saying "if" another dev did this they'd be panned. Any examples?
More excuses, now barely serviceable online is fine for Nintendo.

Smash 4 was damn near unplayable with the lag unless you were doing a simple 1v1 match on final destination. And even then it was still laggy.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
More excuses, now barely serviceable online is fine for Nintendo.

Smash 4 was damn near unplayable with the lag unless you were doing a simple 1v1 match on final destination. And even then it was still laggy.
You're seeing what you want to see. How can Nintendo get a free pass when the sales in the real world for the games you mention pale in comparison to the competition? You're creating an argument nobody is making. The Wii U flopped. If people gave it a free pass it would've sold 60 million.

Nobody is saying barely serviceable online is fine. The shyt is free. People shat on the voice chat app for the Switch, people complained about laggy Brawl matches and laggy Smash Wii U matches outside of 1v1. Look at the thread if you want.

Nintendo platforms as of lately have been relegated to secondary console status and like @LÍQUIDO stated, you know what you're getting into with Nintendo. Saying they got a mythical free pass for incompetent online is not even true as look at the reception online on here or anywhere when Splatoon 2 was revealed with the voice chat feature missing. I mean, reviewers review games usually before it hits public and online isn't even available half the time so their review is based off of the offline content. The online portion of those games aren't required to play the game. it isn't an online only game. People shyt on Nintendo every day for online. Where are you seeing people saying it's fine to have incompetent online? I'm just not seeing this "free pass".

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Smash 4 wasn't knocked at all for the online.

It got perfect or near perfect scores down the board.
:stopitslime:

I'm not saying they should trash the game for give it a 3, but atleast give enough criticism that Nintendo knows that online play is actually important to gamers.

These excuses are proving my point about Nintendo being allowed to make mistakes that no other company can make

from what I'm seeing and from my experience myself the game was a really good game. there was a lot offered, but when you see the reviews that actually talk about the online's performance, they mention how bad it was.

Dude I'm as considerate as can be, but Splatoon did get knocked for its online, but what I see is people highlighting the good out of the game which is a good bit. The game is addicting and fun.

If you show me some of these games or even 1(don't care) that got knocked the hell out of for its online over its main mechanics that were supposed to make the game fun, then I'll understand.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You're seeing what you want to see. How can Nintendo get a free pass when the sales in the real world for the games you mention pale in comparison to the competition? You're creating an argument nobody is making. The Wii U flopped. If people gave it a free pass it would've sold 60 million.

Nobody is saying barely serviceable online is fine. The shyt is free. People shat on the voice chat app for the Switch, people complained about laggy Brawl matches and laggy Smash Wii U matches outside of 1v1. Look at the thread if you want.

Nintendo platforms as of lately have been relegated to secondary console status and like @LÍQUIDO stated, you know what you're getting into with Nintendo. Saying they got a mythical free pass for incompetent online is not even true as look at the reception online on here or anywhere when Splatoon 2 was revealed with the voice chat feature missing. I mean, reviewers review games usually before it hits public and online isn't even available half the time so their review is based off of the offline content. The online portion of those games aren't required to play the game. it isn't an online only game. People shyt on Nintendo every day for online. Where are you seeing people saying it's fine to have incompetent online? I'm just not seeing this "free pass".
Again, I'm talking about critically.

Smash 4 having shyt online didnt stop it from getting perfect scores.

Same thing with skyward sword, got the same scores as breath of the wild even tho it's the worst zelda game by far.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Again, I'm talking about critically.

Smash 4 having shyt online didnt stop it from getting perfect scores.

Same thing with skyward sword, got the same scores as breath of the wild even tho it's the worst zelda game by far.
Critically games aren't reviewed solely off of one mode, furthermore one mode that isn't even integral to the game experience. it's not an online only game that needs online to be up to par to be playable.

Smash can be enjoyed locally without no cut content. If the reverse happened where the local content was cut and most of the new stuff is added online and the online wasn't up to par then that's when you'd see critics panning it. Again, I'm not saying they shouldn't improve online, I'm just saying wanting to see the game go from a 92 to say a 83 because online isn't excellent is just unrealistic.

Also Skyward sword has a 93 on Metacritic while BOTW has a 97. it's not the same score.

Nintendo games that get panned always get ignored in these discussions. People say they get a pass but ignore games that didn't get a pass like:

Mario Tennis Wii U
Star Fox Zero
New Super Luigi
paper Mario Color Splash
Gane & Wario
Mario Party Wii U
Hyrule Warriors

I mean there's plenty of Nintendo games that don't get passes yet they get conveniently ignored.

Last edited:

clyma est mort

R.I.P. Eazy-E
Daps
Reppin
Nor Cal
Switch has done me right. Bought it Day One, Zelda and Odyssey alone are worth the price of admission. Not as much action in 2018 so far, but the incredible Donkey Kong Arcade Archive and next month’s Captain Toad will keep me busy.