Are you satisfied with the Nintendo Switch as of today?

Has the Switch been worth your money so far?

• Total voters

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
Wish they had more demos for games for real. I feel like the majority of game demos are of all the same type of games so my switch library is smaller compared to other consoles.

The fun games are really fun though so I can't complain too much.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Another thing Nintendo can get away with that would destroy any other company.

Psn was trashed last gen for being sub par and it was free. Nintendo is announcing prices for a online service that's damn near non existant. Nobody really cares, I didnt even know It couldn't download simple entertainment apps like youtube and Netflix, or a simple internet browser when I bought it.
:gucci:
Nah, I don't agree with the people ignoring Nintendo's online offerings. That's like the most consistent thing I see blasted around the net here included. I don't see anyone going "Well at least we have online..". The Switch's online right now is barebones and really needs a revamp by the time it launches.

moniemane

Pro
Supporter
Daps
My switch is handheld 100 percent of the time twenty games 15 Indies I'm enjoying it alot paladians and dandara is my main games at the moment

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Nah, I don't agree with the people ignoring Nintendo's online offerings. That's like the most consistent thing I see blasted around the net here included. I don't see anyone going "Well at least we have online..". The Switch's online right now is barebones and really needs a revamp by the time it launches.
I'm talking critically.

If Sony or Microsoft treated online gaming and entertainment like Nintendo has been for three console cycles now, they would have been on their way out of the gaming industry.

I only ever hear about how trash Nintendo online service is on the coli.

If any other fighting game released with a online mode as laggy, broken, bare bones as super smash bros, they would have gotten significantly lower review scores across the board. Yet both brawl and smash 4 is sitting at 93 overall critics score. shytty online unmentioned or barely talked about.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
One thing that reminded about access of this system was the Smash reveal. We can have 8 players on at a time. Now if I have my friends over and we all want to play I have to go out and buy 4 joycon sets.

With their Vita memory card pricing on the Joycon and accessories for basic controllers, I don't see the justification.

That was my complaint upon launch and it hasn't wavered.
You can just use GameCube controllers for extra players if you have some lying around. They'll be releasing the adaptors again soon.
I think most prefer to play on Gamecube controllers anyway

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You can just use GameCube controllers for extra players if you have some lying around. They'll be releasing the adaptors again soon.
I think most prefer to play on Gamecube controllers anyway
I feel like the main reason people prefer the gamecube controller for smash is the button layout. It feels weird with the a being where the x button is and b being where the a button is on a gamecube controller.

Y should be special move and B should be attack. X and A should be jump. That layout would feel closer to a gamecube controller.

I dont understand why they kept the buttons the same even when they changed the controller layout. Hitting B and A feels awkward with the current layout

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm talking critically.

If Sony or Microsoft treated online gaming and entertainment like Nintendo has been for three console cycles now, they would have been on their way out of the gaming industry.

I only ever hear about how trash Nintendo online service is on the coli.

If any other fighting game released with a online mode as laggy, broken, bare bones as super smash bros, they would have gotten significantly lower review scores across the board. Yet both brawl and smash 4 is sitting at 93 overall critics score. shytty online unmentioned or barely talked about.
I don't think it's fair or sensible to judge a game and dock points solely because of it's online mode. Smash Bros Wii U/3DS at it's core is a party game/fighting game that can be enjoyed locally with much more content there. The core mechanics, the content, the presentation, the gameplay basically everything that holds the game together is tight. It's not an online only game like say Destiny or Overwatch where the main tenant of the game is what's being reviewed here.

It'd be like docking points for Uncharted 4 because the online launched barebones, buggy and at times and still till to this day has some issues that hasn't been resolved. The two aren't comparable.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
More than satisfied. This is just a dope console.

Yall need to look more into the smaller/indie games available on Switch, these joints cheap and fire

For example games like this

Are going to be fuego for sure

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Naw. I only got Mario and Zelda. Mario was fun for like 2 weeks, tried multiple times but can't get into Zelda at all. Probably turned it on like 6 times this year, definitely no more than 10.

2nd worst console purchase after the Vita. I'll get my money's worth when that smash bros drops though.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I don't think it's fair or sensible to judge a game and dock points solely because of it's online mode. Smash Bros Wii U/3DS at it's core is a party game/fighting game that can be enjoyed locally with much more content there. The core mechanics, the content, the presentation, the gameplay basically everything that holds the game together is tight. It's not an online only game like say Destiny or Overwatch where the main tenant of the game is what's being reviewed here.

It'd be like docking points for Uncharted 4 because the online launched barebones, buggy and at times and still till to this day has some issues that hasn't been resolved. The two aren't comparable.
Smash bros is a multiplayer game first and foremost, it's not comparable to uncharted, which has always been a single player story driven game with online multiplayer as a bonus. Street fighter, mortal kombat, and other fighting are a better comparison.

Smash is the perfect type of game to take advantage of online play. I'm grown now, me and my friends have jobs and families, most of our gaming together is done online.

All that local shyt is just another excuse people use for why Nintendo has failed to create a competent online network for what should have been one of the biggest online multiplayer games ever.

Any other company would be trashed for that shyt.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

I think it's definitely fine to criticize online for a fighting game but the reality is if you've ever read fighting game reviews, most reviewers don't test online before they review the game.
The issue with reviews is you want to get them up as soon as the embargo breaks. The majority of time for video games, embargoes break either before or just on the day of release. So, they don't either don't get to play online at all as it's not up yet or they're playing with very few people. That's why with Smash Wii U or more recently Dragonball FighterZ, which had terrible online when it launched, don't even get a mention in any reveiws.
Arms has excellent online though, it gives me hope.