Are you really a feminist?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What do you mean when you say that women being equal is a lie?
we've bought into the feminist lie that women are just as capable if not more than men. women are not equal to men in our duties and responsibilities to family and community.

BM dont even know our roles anymore because the shyt has been so flipped. we dont understand our job is to provide, build wealth, pass down legacy THROUGH black women onto black children.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
It's a movement movement means constant. If there is a constant opposition how could/why should you stop a movement?

Major reform is a movement. Minor tweaks is just maintenance to me.

Things are constantly changing all the time with everything. But we don't refer to those things as movements. It's gotta be a major change.

The major changes in the case of feminism have already taken place...

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
we've bought into the feminist lie that women are just as capable if not more than men. women are not equal to men in our duties and responsibilities to family and community.

BM dont even know our roles anymore because the shyt has been so flipped. we dont understand our job is to provide, build wealth, pass down legacy THROUGH black women onto black children.
Well I understand that men and women have different roles in the family but I don't understand what the different roles are in the community but that still doesn't go against womanism. My goal isn't a patriarchy or a matriarchy, just equality :yeshrug:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well I understand that men and women have different roles in the family but I don't understand what the different roles are in the community but that still doesn't go against womanism. My goal isn't a patriarchy or a matriarchy, just equality :yeshrug:
as i stated earlier, women do not build or maintain the physical infastructure of any given community. women DO NOT BUILD. you're not even biologically equipped for it.

if women could do it, black neighborhoods wouldnt look like shyt. if men dont do it, it doesnt get done.

but feminist matriarchs instill different values in children. we're taught to get a job and move to better (non-black) communities.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
as i stated earlier, women do not build or maintain the physical infastructure of any given community. women DO NOT BUILD. you're not even biologically equipped for it.

if women could do it, black neighborhoods wouldnt look like shyt. if men dont do it, it doesnt get done.

but feminist matriarchs instill different values in children. we're taught to get a job and move to better (non-black) communities.
OK but why does that have to equal a patriarchy? If men are the builders and women are the supporters in the families and communities can they not still keep those roles in a egalitarian system?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
OK but why does that have to equal a patriarchy? If men are the builders and women are the supporters in the families and communities can they not still keep those roles in a egalitarian system?
are you not fighting for equal treatment to men? you cant just role reverse your gender. why should men build when we're being taught you can do it too?

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
are you not fighting for equal treatment to men? you cant just role reverse your gender. why should men build when we're being taught you can do it too?
Why should men and women be shoehorned into roles? Men can certainly build while women support and vice versa if that's what work for them. That's what I'm fighting for. I don't want a career woman to be looked down on the same way I don't want a stay at mom dad looked down on. And if a woman wants to cook, clean, cater to her man, etc then she should; just like a woman who wants to do the opposite should. If a man wants a traditional role in the family then that's his right and other men have the same right to turn traditions on their head. That's what I feel is an egalitarian society.

Even if men and women hold on to gender roles, men shouldn't be seems as superior to women simply because of those roles. Each person has a vital role in said family/community and shouldn't have to feel inferior or superior to the other.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not gonna lie..I feel like Marcus views the world like if we lived in a 3rd world country where the men build their homes with their bare hands and shyt:russ:

I always did want to be a real man like that:mjcry:
its just an analogy. apply building to business ownership, renovations, security, and all the hardwork that goes into turning a blighted community into a prosperous one.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why should men and women be shoehorned into roles? Men can certainly build while women support and vice versa if that's what work for them. That's what I'm fighting for. I don't want a career woman to be looked down on the same way I don't want a stay at mom dad looked down on. And if a woman wants to cook, clean, cater to her man, etc then she should; just like a woman who wants to do the opposite should. If a man wants a traditional role in the family then that's his right and other men have the same right to turn traditions on their head. That's what I feel is an egalitarian society.

Even if men and women hold on to gender roles, men shouldn't be seems as superior to women simply because of those roles. Each person has a vital role in said family/community and shouldn't have to feel inferior or superior to the other.
no one said anything about women being inferior to men. both genders are equally valuable, but our roles should not be equalized. you tell men that women are just as capable as us, and we're going to hold you to that.

no one is trying to force you back into the kitchen either, as if BW had that luxury. but if yall refuse to drop the matriarchal feminist bullshyt, black neighborhoods and black relationships will continue to suffer. cus we have black men dating out, looking for traditional women; and now we have a growing population of BW seeking patriarchal values from other races too

Last edited:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

first two minutes. thats where yall feminist matriarchal bullshyt has put us

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
As I said before based on what I have heard or seen, not just on here. It's more than that. But I guess like any other ideology you have your extremist/fringe.

That is why I made this thread, for us as women to have an actually discussion. Clear things up etc... Not arguing :francis:

I wasn't arguing though. Sorry you read it that way. I just see a lot of women who say they aren't feminists and then talk about feminist things. That's the reason why I pointed it out. Hope I didn't offend.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I wasn't arguing though. Sorry you read it that way. I just see a lot of women who say they aren't feminists and then talk about feminist things. That's the reason why I pointed it out. Hope I didn't offend.

:whoa: :hug:

No no I wasn't referring to you lol. You see who is in here arguing lol. I wanted a discussion without the TRL retoric. Glad you pointed it out that was the point like this discussion is good. That's what I meant.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
:whoa: :hug:

No no I wasn't referring to you lol. You see who is in here arguing lol. I wanted a discussion without the TRL retoric. Glad you pointed it out that was the point like this discussion is good. That's what I meant.

hug.gif