Are you really a feminist?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And there was one kid who didn't want to be a father for his kid because it was "too much work". He felt he "didn't have the patience". He asked if he would marry the girl he got pregnant and he said "No" because he was "afraid it wouldn't work". That's all feminist fault?

you mean the guy whose girl didnt want marriage, knew her baby daddy couldnt provide; and STILL got pregnant by him again? same chick that proclaimed she could do it all by herself?

What about the guy that had 6 kids by four different women. Refusing to be the father of one child because the girls dad wouldn't let him come around. Is that also feminist's fault?
once more, what did he say? "if they want to have the kids, that's up to them" is that not the "my body, my choice" feminist mantra? who raised him to believe this way? i'd bet anything it was a feminist single mother. better yet, why did his current girl have multiple kids by him? if the aim is equal treatment, women must own up to their mistakes and stop pushing 100% blame on the shiftless men they loved.

You're generalizing. You're making it seem as if feminist advocated that all mothers separate from men and just live single. I'm sure the main concept was to ween women from thinking they NEEDED to be dependent on men in a household no matter what.

feminism conditioned women to believe they dont need men, that their children dont need fathers. welfare came through and helped back that belief. if feminism and welfare didnt exist, the black family structure would be infinitely better

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superstar
Daps
you mean the guy whose girl didnt want marriage, knew her baby daddy couldnt provide; and STILL got pregnant by him again? same chick that proclaimed she could do it all by herself?

Neither of them wanted marriage and neither were responsible in terms of using preventative methods for intercourse...yet you blame that on the women and feminism.

once more, what did he say? "if they want to have the kids, that's up to them" is that not the "my body, my choice" feminist mantra? who raised him to believe this way? i'd bet anything it was a feminist single mother. better yet, why did his current girl have multiple kids by him? if the aim is equal treatment, women must own up to their mistakes and stop pushing 100% blame on the shiftless men they loved.

Once more, you're trying to shift the blame of unwanted pregnancies SOLELY on the women. It's all her fault his sperm just shot up in her? Seriously?
You can blame the women for their mistakes for not using contraceptives and having babies with no education but the fact you are trying to shift the blame all on women and feminism is laughable.

feminism conditioned women to believe they dont need men, that their children dont need fathers. welfare came through and helped back that belief. if feminism and welfare didnt exist, the black family structure would be infinitely better

I acknowledge that there's actually a deeper systemic issue that has caused these problems in the black community and you want to eagerly misattribute the blame on situations (single-parent mothers,welfare, etc.) that are indeed PART of the problem but did not actually CAUSE the problems.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Well..as far as the back and forth Marcus is having I'll say this:

Safe sex is a woman's responsibility.

And ultimately the woman can decide whether or not to have the kid (and she's gotta deal with the consequences of that decision)

That being said, who raised these scumbags, though?

The young people in the news report are a symptom of something larger. Their mentality was already fukked by the time they got interviewed.

I'd like to hear from their parents

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Neither of them wanted marriage and neither were responsible in terms of using preventative methods for intercourse...yet you blame that on the women and feminism.
both genders are products of feminism. the 16 yr old boys are raised by matriarchs just like the daughters

Once more, you're trying to shift the blame of unwanted pregnancies SOLELY on the women. It's all her fault his sperm just shot up in her? Seriously?
You can blame the women for their mistakes for not using contraceptives and having babies with no education but the fact you are trying to shift the blame all on women and feminism is laughable.

if the women are just seeking sperm donors and not suitable partners, why shouldnt they be soley responsible for unwanted pregnacies? hell, these werent even unwanted pregnacies, those women wanted to have children.

I acknowledge that there's actually a deeper systemic issue that has caused these problems in the black community and you want to eagerly misattribute the blame on situations (single-parent mothers,welfare, etc.) that are indeed PART of the problem but did not actually CAUSE the problems.

now acknowledge feminism has done BW no favors and we're good :yeshrug:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superstar
Daps
both genders are products of feminism. the 16 yr old boys are raised by matriarchs just like the daughters

Really? I didn't see that part where they asked both of their parents if they were feminist and I didn't see where both of their parents said "yes". Where in the documentary do you see that?

if the women are just seeking sperm donors and not suitable partners, why shouldnt they be soley responsible for unwanted pregnacies? hell, these werent even unwanted pregnacies, those women wanted to have children.

Where in the documentary did these girls say they were just looking for "sperm donors"? Seriously you should actually watch the entire documentary. I think you're "projecting" what you WANT the documentary to say.

now acknowledge feminism has done BW no favors and we're good :yeshrug:

No, I won't. I actually know the difference between correlation and causation. You should as well.

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
This is certainly an interesting thread.

I'm not a feminist (in fact, my mother is not only traditional in a lot of ways, but anti-feminist), however I have some empathy for some of the problems that the movement itself raises. The emphasis on choice is one that intrigues me primarily because it's not just women who are limited by lack of choice but also men on the flip side (not to the extent of women in my experience, but somewhat). One of the driving forces of feminism - at least as I understand it - was that women wanted the choice of being career women as well as staying at home. So you can be a traditional SAHM and still be a feminist because you chose to do so. But also, one of the key components is also the paradigm of masculine and feminine. Where we frown upon women for "trying to be" masculine and conversely men for femininity.

The main thing IMO is that as individuals we all have varying levels of masculine and feminine energy, and some women are far more masculine than others naturally and men more feminine. But if we do what we did back in the day and attempt to pigeonhole people into boxes, that can only create unnecessary conflict within, resulting in depression in most cases.

I'm not entirely abreast of everything concerning rape culture and other problems raised (I steer clear of the paper-cannon that is LBTGQ) - perhaps the only one I am prepared to speak out on is slut-shaming. I don't really support that. I'd like to educate myself a bit more on some of these issues at least so I have more understanding of where feminists are coming from. As I understand it, other than some radical 2nd wave feminists, there's no desire for a "matriarchy" either.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Well..as far as the back and forth Marcus is having I'll say this:

Safe sex is a woman's responsibility.

And ultimately the woman can decide whether or not to have the kid (and she's gotta deal with the consequences of that decision)

That being said, who raised these scumbags, though?

The young people in the news report are a symptom of something larger. Their mentality was already fukked by the time they got interviewed.

I'd like to hear from their parents
:snoop:

U could have saved all these keystrokes and just said "i blame women for everything wrong with the world"

I would at least respect the honesty

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I like that terminology. Most men don't under-stand what they put some of us through. All we want is for you to be loyal and handle your business like a man. Is that too much to ask for? :dry:
it is too much to ask if you're a feminist/womanist. you want equality, you handle our business like a man. we'll just kick back and relax like a woman. :obama:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Really? I didn't see that part where they asked both of their parents if they were feminist and I didn't see where both of their parents said "yes". Where in the documentary do you see that?

you dont have to see it, the end result is there. women that dont believe in male leadership, and men that dont believe in male leadership. they all came from strong & independent single mothers, ALL of them.

Where in the documentary did these girls say they were just looking for "sperm donors"? Seriously you should actually watch the entire documentary. I think you're "projecting" what you WANT the documentary to say.

when you just want babies and not husbands, what exactly are they looking for besides sperm? none of the girls were interested in marrying their childs father. none of them believed fathers are important--that is feminist indoctrination, whether you choose to admit it or not

No, I won't. I actually know the difference between correlation and causation. You should as well.

Then I'll ask you, what has feminism done for black women in the last 30 years? just name one thing

QueenSheba

All Star
Daps
it is too much to ask if you're a feminist/womanist. you want equality, you handle our business like a man. we'll just kick back and relax like a woman. :obama:

eyes-rolled.gif

Men like you will never under-stand. It's sad but true... Anything else you like to say in our thread? :yawn:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
The belief that genders are equal is 100% accurate. The belief that both genders should be assigned the same roles and can interchangeably do the same things is 100% foolishness. Different, but equal.

I don't know if I'm a feminist. Probably not, but if a woman being seen as lesser because she has breasts and a vagina doesn't disturb you, something is very wrong. No role is greater than the other. Both are needed.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
eyes-rolled.gif

Men like you will never under-stand. It's sad but true... Anything else you like to say in our thread? :yawn:

i understand fully, its women that are confused. you support a movement thats counterproductive and has done NOTHING for black women.

it's you all of the don't understand why BW are undervalued, and how to fix that problem.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
eyes-rolled.gif

I don't agree with everything he said he made some good points throughout this. I think it's important as black people that the genders hear each other out.

The ladies made good points as well.