Are we partly responsible for black women's self-hate issues?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
i cant speak for will but black women didn't start getting off their light skinned kick til hollywood gave a push to dark skinned black men like wesley snipes.
Denzel and these Lance Gross looking nikkas saved us :blessed:

Hollywood (White people) dictates how Black people feel about themselves and others..

got our women out here putting dangerous ass chemicals in their hair to straighten it.

skip to 2:00-3:20 and listen to a black woman explain why natural hair isn't for her.

the motherfukking hair she was born with is NOT FOR HER.
:wow::wow::wow:

OliviaTwist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
^ a black woman going rogue when she doesn't have a valid point. i also bet she's not as light skinned as her AV would have us believe.

Actually I was just making the point that when black women make generalizations about y'all you get so defensive but I'm supposed to allow the same from y'all?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hollywood (White people) dictates how Black people feel about themselves and others..

got our women out here putting dangerous ass chemicals in their hair to straighten it.

skip to 2:00-3:20 and listen to a black woman explain why natural hair isn't for her.

the motherfukking hair she was born with is NOT FOR HER.
:wow::wow::wow:

i dont have to watch this man, i already know NO ONE hates natural black hair more than black women.

OliviaTwist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
when did Black people who all had the same nappy hair come to discover that something was wrong with their hair in the first fukking place?

are you listening to yourself?

Black people in a White society are NOT conforming to White beauty standards because other Blacks are doing it, they are doing it in effort to assimilate more into a fukking WHITE SOCIETY!

:ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd:

So couldn't it be the case that if black assimilate into white soviet then other will try to assimilate to those who assimilate too?

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
Actually I was just making the point that when black women make generalizations about y'all you get so defensive but I'm supposed to allow the same from y'all?
what generalizations? Black men aren't responsibly for Black women's self hate issues. Just as Black women aren't responsible for Black male self issues. It is White Supremacy but it's easier to blame Black men, right?

OliviaTwist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
what generalizations? Black men aren't responsibly for Black women's self hate issues. Just as Black women aren't responsible for Black male self issues. It is White Supremacy but it's easier to blame Black men, right?

I didn't blame black men. I said black men have a role in the cycle. As do women

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
1403.gif

So youre saying white women had everything to do with dark skinned black men being found attractive by black women? How do you figure?

Yes black men are part of the issue but no one wants to admit it as evident in this thread. I love black men, but how blind and in denial do you have to be to notice that some black men and their "preferences" encourage these black women with self-hate issues to morph themselves into something theyre not? Self-esteem comes from within true, but lets be honest, what others think of our appearance does somewhat affect us (some more than others). Its a shytty cycle thats going on in our race and I really dont know the solution; no one wants to man/woman up.

You ever know a girl that put a guy in the friendzone and when another woman showed interest in him she then became attracted to him. That is what happen when it came to dark skin men.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
So couldn't it be the case that if black assimilate into white soviet then other will try to assimilate to those who assimilate too?

:snoop:

let me break this down for you.

If person A. does things to assimilate into white society and person B. also does something to assimilate into white society, then THEY ARE BOTH ASSIMILATING TO WHITE SOCIETY.

doesn't matter which Black person gets a nose job or perms their hair first, they're both doing it to feel more accepted in white society.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
@marcuz and @Matt504 y'all have REALLLLY turned this thread back to blame black woman. :banderas:

why are black women insecure ?

because they made themselves insecure!!!

I'm not blaming Black women. I'm blaming White supremacy as I've been saying since literally PAGE 1 OF THIS THREAD.

:ohlawd: