Are we partly responsible for black women's self-hate issues?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
If you never heard a black person call another black person's hair nappy then sir the truth is not in you, but that's not the point. Black people wouldn't conform to white standards if OTHER black people weren't on some way doing it also

when did Black people who all had the same nappy hair come to discover that something was wrong with their hair in the first fukking place?

are you listening to yourself?

Black people in a White society are NOT conforming to White beauty standards because other Blacks are doing it, they are doing it in effort to assimilate more into a fukking WHITE SOCIETY!

:ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd:

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
It's funny how black women have absolved themselves from colorism when back in the 80s-90s they were knee deep in the game (and probably still are for those in school). Being a lil red nicca I remember hearing girls clown the darker boys JUST as much as the boys clowned the darker girls. Had me like ":whew: Thank God that aint me." So now that those girls are grown, they're blaming those same men for gravitating towards white women. :dahell: It's so endemic, friends.

Face it, both genders are at fault. Don't try to pass blame

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's funny how black women have absolved themselves from colorism when back in the 80s-90s they were knee deep in the game (and probably still are for those in school). Being a lil red nicca I remember hearing girls clown the darker boys JUST as much as the boys clowned the darker girls. Had me like ":whew: Thank God that aint me." So now that those girls are grown, they're blaming those same men for gravitating towards white women. :dahell: It's so endemic, friends.

that whats bugs me the most, black women act completely brand new. they act like nikkas forgot their opinions in grade school. :heh:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
The lack of responsibility and accountability placed on black women is really detrimental to our community. Black women really aren't held accountable for anything because absolving them from being responsible and telling them what they want to hear is big business.
I always say black women are like children when it comes to accepting blame and accountability.:manny: They'll constantly deflect and point the finger at somebody else when the blame is placed upon them.

They rather have black men lie to em and tell em what they wanna hear than have someone tell them the truth and that's probably they continue to get hoodwinked by these no good deadbeat dudes :heh::ehh:

swimmingpools

strawberry bubblegum
Daps
Black women did not put darkskin black men on the pedestal until white women' stated wanting us. Then we become attractive. I hate how people make things one sided
1403.gif

So youre saying white women had everything to do with dark skinned black men being found attractive by black women? How do you figure?

Yes black men are part of the issue but no one wants to admit it as evident in this thread. I love black men, but how blind and in denial do you have to be to notice that some black men and their "preferences" encourage these black women with self-hate issues to morph themselves into something theyre not? Self-esteem comes from within true, but lets be honest, what others think of our appearance does somewhat affect us (some more than others). Its a shytty cycle thats going on in our race and I really dont know the solution; no one wants to man/woman up.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
best example brehs. CAcs didnt like brothers hair so we grew it out, faded it, braided it, etc made it hot. Cacs didnt like black women's hair. What did black women do? buy fair hair to look just like the oppressor's women. So in response to adversity brothers rose up like Kings while black women acted and continue to act like court jester. SMH
You have a point but most black males bought into the stigmatization of natural black hair on our women, mostly because since the 80s we've been sold images of straight hair being attractive. It's gotten better with time, I would love to date a girl with a well kept afro or hair style of that nature, a lot of black men are starting to open up to it now. It's a slow reversal of decades of conditioning.
No black men do. Count how many athletes left their black high school girlfriend and got with a white girl once they made it to the pros. When you see interracial relationships it's a black man with non black woman so stop lying.

"And when he get on he leave yo ass for a white girl" :yeshrug:
This is a media myth, the overwhelming majority of successful black males in sports and entertainment are with black women, the media sold you that shyt by focusing on the few black males that do date and marry white women. There was a study with hard numbers done on this.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
I always say black women are like children when it comes to accepting blame and accountability.:manny: They'll constantly deflect and point the finger at somebody else when the blame is placed upon them.

They rather have black men lie to em and tell em what they wanna hear than have someone tell them the truth and that's probably they continue to get hoodwinked by these no good deadbeat dudes :heh::ehh:
Its designed to be this way, it's not an accident. As long as black people are divided we are easier to control.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps

Denzel and these Lance Gross looking nikkas saved us :blessed:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1403.gif

So youre saying white women had everything to do with dark skinned black men being found attractive by black women? How do you figure?

Yes black men are part of the issue but no one wants to admit it as evident in this thread. I love black men, but how blind and in denial do you have to be to notice that some black men and their "preferences" encourage these black women with self-hate issues to morph themselves into something theyre not? Self-esteem comes from within true, but lets be honest, what others think of our appearance does somewhat affect us (some more than others). Its a shytty cycle thats going on in our race and I really dont know the solution; no one wants to man/woman up.

i cant speak for will but black women didn't start getting off their light skinned kick til hollywood gave a push to dark skinned black men like wesley snipes.