Are we partly responsible for black women's self-hate issues?

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
In 1657, Johnson’s white neighbor, Edmund Scarborough, forged a letter in which Johnson acknowledged a debt. Johnson did not contest the case. Although Johnson was illiterate and could not have written the letter, the court granted Scarborough 100 acres of Johnson’s land to pay off his "debt".[5] In this early period, free blacks enjoyed "relative equality" with the white community. Around 20% of free blacks in Virginia at this time owned their own homes, and half of those were married to white women.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Johnson_(colonist)

:laff: been c00nin since c00nin was c00nin

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
You wonder why a lot of black men also like "East African" women :comeon: It's for the same reason. Except, they're "acceptably" black; black enough for blacks, but acceptable to whites because of their phenotypes. You even hear it in songs, it almost sounds like a fetish. :scusthov:

Where do most Black men like East African women? :russ:

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
You ever think when they go to those white schools it's a lack of black women willing you date them or even available for them to choose.

7639aad0b170618e087290c7ba0ab84cd46f384a44fa976f2a35e1f9b92c9c91.jpg

Any brotha on here who has gone to a D1 college knows them negroes be straight on that :mjpls:..I remember at my school the black soros held a "town hall" to discuss the lack of unity between football/basketball players and sisters on campus. Them brothers straight :mjlol: at their concerns and reduced the conversation to "if you ain't trying to fukk" :camby: Straight c00ns.

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
what is your personal opinion :ehh:

My personal opinion is combination of what a lot of posters are saying. It's mostly a White supremacy thing. The White controlled media and Eurocentric ideals that people whom aren't of European ancestry are expected to accept plays a huge role in any non-White person's life who happens to has self esteem/hate issues. Definitely.

But, on the other hand Black people, Men and Women aren't helpless. And the problems that we face are partly on us. So it's disheartening to me when Black men and Women blame each other for things they both had a hand in.

Yes, like @Matt504 said White supremacist is responsible for for some Black men lusting after Eurocentric women but's that's simply not the whole story. Some Black women have a "nikkas ain't shyt" mentality partially because Black men are of stereotyped to be not shyt but that's not the full story.

A lot choose follow and even perpetrate some of the White supremacist bullshyt that plagues us.

In other words we should share the responsibility. The op simply asks if Black men are partially responsible for Black women's self hate(the t/s shouldn't have made it seem like all Black women) and people were so quick to not accept blame they tripped over themselves to Blame Black women. Black women control the media? Really?

I apologize for the wait I type slow.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Most of those Ethiopian girls were getting made fun of in High school, but I guess Drake made them en vogue.

"Ethiopian booty scratcher" "Save a childd 99 cent a day" is what we associate with East Africans by in large in America

Plus most of them have sickly frames where as some of the other admixed Black Diaspora (mainly Afro-Carribeans) consistently come up in conversation in our culture due to their curves etc

Big East African population in Atlanta and for the most part, us Blacks don't fukk with them

Only on The Coli have I seen this narrative that Black men even think about East Africans

Willie

Bring me back some Gushers and a Sprite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, USA
It seems that black women want reassurance from their male counterparts. I've dealt with self esteem in some workshops I've done and self esteem is just that, SELF. How do you feel about yourSELF?

There comes a time when we as people have to stop blaming others for what we don't like about ourselves, for whatever reason. How you feel about yourself is the single most important thing to counteract "self hate". If you feel you're beautiful, then you are. Who gives a shyt if the man/woman you adore doesn't think so? Harping over it isn't gonna do anything but upset you and possibly put you in a mind frame to tear down others because you can't accept yourself for what you are.

America don't play fair, but once you realize that it's (America) all business and not 100% personal, you'll be ok.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
:usure:

Y'all don't know about Pharcyde?

"There she go again, the dopest Ethiopian". :shaq:
Nah never listened to em

Not saying this for all Ethiopian women, cause there are a lot of beautiful ones, but for the most part they were skinny and looked like a hybrid of Blacks, Arabs, and Indian; most of us didn't find that attractive in high school.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
"Ethiopian booty scratcher" "Save a childd 99 cent a day" is what we associate with East Africans by in large in America

Plus most of them have sickly frames
where as some of the other admixed Black Diaspora (mainly Afro-Carribeans) consistently come up in conversation in our culture due to their curves etc

Big East African population in Atlanta and for the most part, us Blacks don't fukk with them

Only on The Coli have I seen this narrative that Black men even think about East Africans

:sadbron:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
this thread is more proof that we really need to create a thread where we can genuinely discuss the effects of White supremacy on Black people, not just in America but around the globe.

I wonder how many of you would be interested in doing so, so we can begin to peel away some of the layers and begin to grow closer to all Black people.