Are we partly responsible for black women's self-hate issues?

Spoonz

Just Wild
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
West Virginia
any stats or proof to back this up? sounds like bullshyt. there's colorism going on, but i believe most black men want a black woman.

and this i can agree with. black men of the past and present have done very little to counteract all the negativity our women receive from media.. but my problem is, these women dont act or behave like they're collectively our women at all. they care more about their gender than they do the race. they want to move forward w/o the black man, but expect us to want to love and protect them. when our women get on this whole feminist wave and talk about how they want to be treated equal to men, they have to remember that men don't protect other men.

I don't completely co-sign feminism but obviously the civil rights focused more on black men and I'm sure that made black women feel left out. :yeshrug: they were just trying to get a movement to focus on their unique issues but then it became something negative and "nikkas ain't shyt". But really women are also going to be bitter about being stuck with men who are at the bottom :manny:

Dman414

Banned
Daps
at the end of the day, black women aren't going to appreciate their skin or hair until cacs tell them too.

according to don imus, black women are "nappy headed hoes" Looks like that Cacs cosign sisters want so badly is gonna take awhile LOL

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Before the mother permed her hair I guarantee you she got the idea that tightly coiled hair was unattractive, and that idea was reinstated by a black man

really? you guarantee it? how? according to y'all, the men were never in the homes to begin with, how are absent nikkas dictating what's appropriate for your hair?

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Before the mother permed her hair I guarantee you she got the idea that tightly coiled hair was unattractive, and that idea was reinstated by a black man. We can go back and forth all day about which came first but to deny that it's a cycle, and that black men play a role in that cycle is ignorant and a cop out. Just like black women have their own minds black men do too so stop always making black men victims to the system.

Like I before since when did women care about the non dominant mans ideas.
If a short guys screams he loves tall women over short most short women would not give a fukk but if a tall. Guy does the same thing they will care. And please nit act like black women championed dark skin boys over little drakes

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Before the mother permed her hair I guarantee you she got the idea that tightly coiled hair was unattractive, and that idea was reinstated by a black man. We can go back and forth all day about which came first but to deny that it's a cycle, and that black men play a role in that cycle is ignorant and a cop out. Just like black women have their own minds black men do too so stop always making black men victims to the system.

when did black men with tightly coiled hair come to discover that, that very same hair is unattractive when it's on a woman?

how did this come to be?

:lupe:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't completely co-sign feminism but obviously the civil rights focused more on black men and I'm sure that made black women feel left out. :yeshrug: they were just trying to get a movement to focus on their unique issues but then it became something negative and "nikkas ain't shyt". But really women are also going to be bitter about being stuck with men who are at the bottom :manny:
:duck:

OliviaTwist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
Black women will date other races given the chance. You make it seem like the reason for black women not marrying other races has to do with a loyalty to black men. When it really the lack of opportunity. Black women that tend it be around a mixed crowed will choose white over black.

So you telling me that although black women probably make up less than 10% of the population the reason that we don't marry outside our race is because we aren't around enough white men?

:bryan::bryan::bryan::bryan::bryan::bryan:
:mjlol::mjlol:

Once again y'all keep proving my point that y'all don't really know and talk to women like that to keep making these baseless ass claims! Listen, I go to an SEC school. I'm ALWAYS ALWAYS the only black person in my class especially since Im pre med. white men don't get shyt popping below the belt for me AT ALL!

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
it sounds like a fetish because that's EXACTLY what it is.

Breh, that acceptability was always weird to me. Acceptable to whites because they have so-called non black features, but also acceptable to blacks because they're sub Saharan African and have dark skin. It's just another way of perpetuating Eurocentric beauty ideals (although, at the same token, a pear shape, full lips, etc. is highly praised by black men). I just wish Lupita types were show cased as the idea of black beauty and not some biracial, light skin, or even brown skin chick. The original woman of the Earth, a goddess, that's what black women who look like Lupita represent to me.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So you telling me that although black women probably make up less than 10% of the population the reason that we don't marry outside our race is because we aren't around enough white men?

Once again y'all keep proving my point that y'all don't really know and talk to women like that to keep making these baseless ass claims! Listen, I go to an SEC school. I'm ALWAYS ALWAYS the only black person in my class especially since Im pre med. white men don't get shyt popping below the belt for me AT ALL!

are black women loyal or relegated? it would appear to me that when a black woman can date/marry outside her race, she usually does.

OliviaTwist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
Don't act like men wasn't conking it up and getting jherri curls at one point. And even tho those styles are out of date men don't have the pressure to have a certain appearance like women do. Beauty standards apply to women not men
when did black men with tightly coiled hair come to discover that, that very same hair is unattractive when it's on a woman?

how did this come to be?

:lupe:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don't act like men wasn't conking it up and getting jherri curls at one point. And even tho those styles are out of date men don't have the pressure to have a certain appearance like women do. Beauty standards apply to women not men

black men ditched the self hatred, while black women decided to hold on to it. simple as that, really

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Black men don't even control our own Image and you somehow want to blame us for black women issues.

Dman414

Banned
Daps
Black women did not put darkskin black men on the pedestal until white women' stated wanting us. Then we become attractive. I hate how people make things one sided

thank you. Some of the OGs said back in the day black women treated darkskinned brother like straight shyt. Then he said once brothers like michael jordan, wesley snipes and others started puttin in that work, those beckys came running to them. Then it was game over. If that's the case then why are black women whining now? LOL

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
to everyone saying black men are responsible for their self hatred issues, i've got a question. does this logic go across the globe? jamaica imported 1billion in weave in 2013, we all see the skin bleaching going on in nigeria, ghana, kenya, etc. are those black men to blame for that as well? we going to pin that on dead beat dads in america?

Your question is irrelevant breh because in these countries the MEN also bleach

nny.jpg

Skin bleaching is NOT a gender issue so don't make it such.

Let's stay on topic.