Are we partly responsible for black women's self-hate issues?

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
this is part of the problem though breh...we have to start controlling something & being responsible for something.

as a man... this doesn't sound weak to you?

-shrug- I feel like even if we did control something women wouldn't be happy with it unless it's run to their specifications. Any woman who's left out would feel some type of way. The thing about a beauty standard is that it's suppose to be unattainable. Most white women don't look like megan fox and scarlet jo.

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
Outside of white supremacy, in the female-male dynamic, men have the upper hand. Who gets away with shyt, is it men or women? It's a man's world. Black men don't have the privilege or power to do anything about it besides in our communities. Tell your daughters they're beautiful and be a positive influence for your own family. This mixed girl, light bright and damn near white worship by our brothers needs to stop. Take responsibility that's all I'm saying.

I'm sorry i don't see it. Black Fathers aren't telling their sons to marry a light skinned chick or calling their dark skinned daughter ugly or saying to put on a hat so you don't get darker on a hot day. Black mothers are the ones throwing weave on their daughters head(yes, yes i know protective style) and praying they get a ponytail grandbaby. You throwing the blame at the wrong gender. I'll agree with you when you identify a c00n but you painting all Black men as c00ns, like we got an anti-darkskinned movement goin on. It's a myth used to justify insecurity.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Outside of white supremacy, in the female-male dynamic, men have the upper hand. Who gets away with shyt, is it men or women? It's a man's world. Black men don't have the privilege or power to do anything about it besides in our communities. Tell your daughters they're beautiful and be a positive influence for your own family. This mixed girl, light bright and damn near white worship by our brothers needs to stop. Take responsibility that's all I'm saying.

Since when did women care about the ideas of the non dominant male? We tell black women they are beautiful everyday but it really does not mean much to them because we really don't have status. Black women with self hate want to be apart if the white beauty standard so a black man telling them they look good won't fix shyt

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Since when did women care about the ideas of the non dominant male? We tell black women they are beautiful everyday but it really does not mean much to them because we really don't have status. Black women with self hate want to be apart if the white beauty standard so a black man telling them they look good won't fix shyt

If you have daughters, wives, sisters etc., empower them, little by little we can chip away at it and become a largely proud Afrocentric race. Maybe I'm just reaching tho. :manny:

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
black men treat light skin girls like they goddesses so you do the math

OliviaTwist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
I don't think black men are wholly responsible in a malicious intent, but some may not know that's what they're doing. Women everywhere try to look good for men, and It's a known fact that black women are the least likely to date/marry outside their race so naturally black women look at black men to see what they like. So when we turn in the tv and see lighter skinned, looser hair on TV being placed on a pedestal the ones who don't fit that category (the majority) are gonna feel some type of way.

Even in the curly hair appreciation thread an overwhelming majority of those girls didn't have 4C hair so y'all can front like coli men don't do it themselves if you want too:yeshrug:

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
So, what you're saying is that we can't continue to lust after/date light skin women? :to:

25936_teamlightskin.gif

25936_teamlightskin.gif

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think black men are wholly responsible in a malicious intent, but some may not know that's what they're doing. Women everywhere try to look good for men, and It's a known fact that black women are the least likely to date/marry outside their race so naturally black women look at black men to see what they like. So when we turn in the tv and see lighter skinned, looser hair on TV being placed on a pedestal the ones who don't fit that category (the majority) are gonna feel some type of way.

Even in the curly hair appreciation thread an overwhelming majority of those girls didn't have 4C hair so y'all can front like coli men don't do it themselves if you want too:yeshrug:
i hate this excuse

what really came first, the guy going off and marrying the light skinned chick w/loose curls, or his mother wearing perm and fake hair in his home? i mean, we see girls walking around under 10 yrs old with perm and hair extensions, are they doing it because they're trying to look attractive for black men? :comeon: