Are we partly responsible for black women's self-hate issues?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
So hating other blacks is a good thing now? Why are y'all so hell bent on calling me a bedwench and a c00n?

if you don't care what a person who puts their penis inside of you thinks about you, then why worry about what some anonymous nikkas on the internet think?

4M5SUNZ.png

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
if you don't care what a person who puts their penis inside of you thinks about you, then why worry about what some anonymous nikkas on the internet think?

4M5SUNZ.png
Cus I'm not a bedwench. I'm not asking y'all to accept me I'm just saying I'm not a bedwench.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
I'm sure I could have, I just happen to find a white guy. My school is predominantly white, I was usually the only black girl in class so I don't really see black dudes on the regular expect at work. You act like I had both a black guy and a white guy and turned down the black guy. Plus I use the protection, both condoms and birth control so I'm good.
oh god....please don't say that.:wow:

I know you used protection but was sex that urgent for you for to bed a pink peen?

The mental thought of a white man inserting himself in our sisters, just breaks my heart. ooh god :wow:

What was going through your head when that was happening? Knowing the history, and the possibility of his ancestors possibly wrong doing your ancestors.:to:

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
oh god....please don't say that.:wow:

I know you used protection but was sex that urgent for you for you

The mental thought of a white man inserting himself in our sisters, just breaks my heart. ooh god :wow:

What was going through your head when that was happening? Knowing the history, and the possibility of his ancestors possibly wrong doing your ancestors.:to:
I didn't think about that but don't worry I'm done with that.

HollowPoints2

Don Makaveli.
Daps
Reppin
East Coast
@SamuraiFlamenco

Who exactly gave dark skin men hell growing up? I swear this is a sympathy ploy.Maybe there were a few isolated incidents but I can't see where dark boys were given hell growing up.

If anything we dominated in all high school sports and were mostly physically stronger than our mulatto counterparts which is why they would never talk reckless about our skin shade.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
You are correct about bold ill give you that but in all truthfulness if you viewpoint is one that is not the norm I'm treating it as such. I won't apologize for that but I do understand what you're saying though. I can't agree with anybody esp guys agreeing with this because in the words of Michael Smith NNL. If what you were saying were so true black men wouldn't be married to black women 90+% of the time.
I had to pause right here, before I continue.

Dude, I have ZERO problem with interracial marriage. Until someone shows me otherwise; I don't understand how that, all on it's own, negatively effects black women.

Bruh, we on the same page with that. Black people marrying interracial isn't even close to even with black/black marriages.

No shots; but, stop bringing up IR. I'm not even talking about that. Again, forgive me for being unclear.

I'm a dark skin dude that had jokes said about me when I was younger but it doesn't have any effect on me now. I guess some would say me having a preference for light skin chicks it did but Ill counter and say Ive dated women as dark as me also.

Bruh, not everyone who goes to war come back home with post traumatic stress disorder. But, PSTD is very real.

They couldn't even use that logic on me going by my dating track record and for me is only when things are close. I'm not talking to a 4 light skin chick over a 9/10 dark skin chick that's when it's not preference IMO. Some people are just unattractive to the masses and need to stop trying to get on the dark skin sympathy train. I'm just a believer for dang near everything whether its your financial situation to self esteem what goes on in it is on you. I can understand people not wanting to do that since that means they have to take accountability which alot of people don't like doing.

The bolded is a pretty dense outlook on life. I don't know how old you are, but; as life goes on, I realize ppl have very little control what happens to them, in this life.

Bruh, this is a complex issue you & I are trying to simplify.

Black woman don't just have people rejecting them because of their skin tone & their natural hair texture.

They're pressured to marry us and only us (as we've agreed, it's kinda working); a huge amount of black men have image (not just visually; the whole issue) issues when it comes to black women.

It's not as simple as the amount of light skin women you've dated. I'm sure if I polled one random black dude from each state in the US, a majority of them would have a problem with their woman walkin' in the crib like this:

natural-black-hair-styles-4.jpg

Why, her hair's long (another Euro-centric beauty standard--if we want to admit it or not)? Because they "can't run their fingers through it."

:huh: Where in the world did we even get that value from? From the same place that told black women they have to wear their hair like this to be beautiful (A big part of acceptance, in this society, unfortunately--especially for women [of all races]):

black-long-hair-with-light-curls.jpg

But, we tell black women they gotta "stay home," but; what's a home, when they are gonna be judged for everything from their natural hair texture to their skin tone to a stereotypical notion they aren't meek enough?

This is the number one reason I say it's our faults: No, we aren't the biggest factors in the expectation of black women to marry/date/fornicate with black men, exclusively (all social groups do that).

But, we have this position that they are a problem not because they aren't our type, aren't the same religion as we are, have goals that are atleast parallel to ours...

...it's because they "waste money on weave," "have too many kids," "welfare," "too aggressive," "wanna bring the black man down for the white man," "go to church too much," "aren't 'nasty' enough' sexually" etc.

We come at black women over racial issues and our own vanity and egos.

If it ain't you, me, your brother, my cousin, your best friend, my uncle, your grandfather, it's a couple million of other men who hold that idea and it effects black women, because they want (as we both agree) to be with black men.

Again, this is a complex issue that's not gonna be settled on thecoli. But, if we agree to disagree (cool), but; I just hope you think, a bit, outside of your social circle.