Are we partly responsible for black women's self-hate issues?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
So why should we as black people take their values and use it in our communites knowing their agenda already? I mean you guys are really killing me right now. It's like you guys KNOW and ADMIT that, yeah white people made up colorism yet you still use it? I just don't understand....

it's institutionalized at this point, and quite honestly many Black people blame each other for the colorism in their communities in ignorance of the root cause.

this is an institutionalized part of our poisonous Black culture now, and simply being cognizant of it isn't enough to change it.

Daps
So you telling me that if you take a fine light skin girl and make her dark skin, all of a sudden dudes ain't gone simp her? :comeon: Maybe simple minded people yeah but a person of average intelligence would simp a fine girl regardless.

272410.jpg

Beyonce looks good in all these pics

She would get men regardless of skin color, but she'd get MUCH MORE love from non-blacks with lighter skin, the fact that you don't want to realize this tells me that you know it's right but don't want to admit it. Since that means admitting that most people are colorstruck c00ns

Daps
I never said anything about thinking colorism away fool. I said why do black people who know the agenda continually use it in their communities. Why, as a dark skin person, not even a person, an ADULT make fun of a dark skin child knowing the affects it will have on them? This is what I'm trying to get across.

Because they're idiots that adopted a white mindset. But colorism is everywhere. Even places like Japan that weren't colonized by whites had that mindset for hundreds of years. It's why South/Southeast Asians are on the "bottom" of the Asian totem poll. Most people don't like dark skin and find it unappealing, and black people hate it even more since they're darker than everyone else except for the African kid.

Also, in the same way that everyone knows selling your soul is a terrible thing to do, a lot of people still do it due to the immediate benefits they'd "get".

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Well in both inter- and outer- cases, the groups you're talking about are typically treated better than average. And even if they were treated better on one hand and the same on another, they are still net treated better than than groups that are treated worse all around.

Aside, the truth today is that most of these groups are given a premium both inside and outside the community.

Using your logic, no one should get mad because of how society or the world views a white person because most white people never asked for that perception nor do they have have individual say in it.

We were talking about privilege and whether certain a certain group or group(s) get privilege. The answer is that they do, and it extends far beyond the meaningless trivialities you listed.

Right, when light skin people get treated better in the black community and dark skin people are put down, it's because they are adhereing to the dominant society values. All I'm saying is, if we know there agenda why are we still using their values? Again children of any color don't come out listening to how white people value them that comes a lot later on in life. People have even mentioned it in this thread regarding my cousin who is teased for being light skin that she'll soon start getting privileges later on in life. But hating or loving her skintone doesn't, that's starts earlier as we see with those doll tests which starts in the home which starts with black parenting. Black people (moms in general) need to parent there daughters better.

And no you're not using my logic or any other logic for that matter. White people keep themselves on top collectively and keep lighter skin POC on top as well to remind the darker counterpart how much less they are. All I was saying was why blame lighter skin poc for that when in reality it's the dominant society. That's like when black feminist complain about black men making more on the dollar than them when they really should be upset with the dominant society for instilling those rules.

Light skin people can't help that they are on top and from what I've seen, like I've already stated, they're more concerned with how blacks treat them than whites.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
I think we all know Michael Jay White should be playing Green Lantern or Luke Cage.
MJW can't act for shyt though. He's good in limited talking role like The Dark Knight, but I can't see him carrying any of these movies
If she has this complexion

PuertoRicanWomen-BrendaLynn.png

No, her life was probably easier than most black people's. If this light skinned

albino10.jpg

my heart goes out to them (srs)
yup just as suspected.
a cac from bodybuilding forum

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Because they're idiots that adopted a white mindset. But colorism is everywhere. Even places like Japan that weren't colonized by whites had that mindset for hundreds of years. It's why South/Southeast Asians are on the "bottom" of the Asian totem poll. Most people don't like dark skin and find it unappealing, and black people hate it even more since they're darker than everyone else except for the African kid.

Also, in the same way that everyone knows selling your soul is a terrible thing to do, a lot of people still do it due to the immediate benefits they'd "get".
And this is exactly why I keep saying we need to do away with the white mindset, stop thinking like the dominant society! I know I'm not the most articulate and I'm horrible with explaining things but this is exactly what I was saying! We know white's agenda yet still use their mindset in our communities.

Daps
Light skin people can't help that they are on top and from what I've seen, like I've already stated, they're more concerned with how blacks treat them than whites.

That's because they have love from whites, so they want to win the approval of blacks, whereas darkskinned people just have the scorn of everyone and the envy of no one.

I get what you're saying "Yeah everyone feels that way, but why do BLACK PEOPLE act like that". To answer this, it's because black people aren't dumb, they know that they're looked down on, but to combat this they just look down on those darker than them as a way of saying "well, at least am not THAT BLACK". Kind of how black people usually don't have a bit of sympathy for gay civil rights even though blacks fought for it for years. They aren't the same thing, but at least show a BIT of love.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
OMFG I HAVE fukkING LIGHT SKIN PEOPLE IN MY FAMILY! I JUST EXPLAINED HOW MY SEVEN YEAR OLD COUSIN WAS MADE FUN OF FOR BEING LIGHT SKIN AND HOW SHE WANTED TO COLOR HER SKIN WITH A MARKER TO BE MY COMPLEXION BECAUSE SHE WISHES SHE WAS "AFRICAN AMERICAN" LIKE ME!

So yes I personally know light skin people who go through hell and high water as well. The shyt you posted is of some most likely some biracial girl with make up and photoshop with a albino african :comeon::camby:
he doesn't know shyt about the black experience because he's not black.he's a white troll from one of those bodybuilding forums. Pretty obvious from his posting ex.(srs). That's some white boy messageboard shyt.Just wanna let you know that He could be Anti-Hero.

Daps
he doesn't know shyt about the black experience because he's not black.he's a white troll from one of those bodybuilding forums. Pretty obvious from his posting ex.(srs). That's some white boy messageboard shyt.Just wanna let you know that He could be Anti-Hero.

You keep saying this, but what about my posts screams "HE'S NOT BLACK" to you?

See, the fact that black people as a whole stereotype their own race is one reason we keep taking L's

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
That's because they have love from whites, so they want to win the approval of blacks, whereas darkskinned people just have the scorn of everyone and the envy of no one.

I get what you're saying "Yeah everyone feels that way, but why do BLACK PEOPLE act like that". To answer this, it's because black people aren't dumb, they know that they're looked down on, but to combat this they just look down on those darker than them as a way of saying "well, at least am not THAT BLACK".
Think about like this. There is no place like home right? So no matter what people all over the world may say, as long as I can come come and feel safe and beautiful it shouldn't matter. But the more I read and post, the more I'm starting to see black people don't want love from other blacks they want love from whites and they hate the fact that whites value lighter skin than darker skin so they bring that hate and jealously home.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
This. And lol @ "partly."

IMO, we're wholly responsible.

Of course, I could go Kat Williams "It's esteem of yo' self." But, we the same one who kill them for even dating one white man.

I was at the movies last night and saw these two women:

Lupita90-600x349.jpg

th

One has a weave & painted on eyebrows (I know it's not easy to see in the picture, but, if you saw Ride Along) and the other has plucked eyebrows, but, wears her natural hair (the style on thecoli, I know).

But, they're both dark skin (beautiful, IMO) and most likely deal with the same pressure from black men (too dark, "nappy" hair, etc.).

Thru all that; we'd kill them for dating a white guy. Of course, they deal with it from the world, but, if they didn't have to deal with it, in the community, it'll be easier to deal the issues.

PS: I have no issues with the way either woman chooses to wear their hair and makeup.
Bold is a bunch of mainly Internet bullshyt. Most dudes I know don't give a fukk if a chick dates a white dude even if she good looking. I see that shyt on here at times and even then alot of dudes say they don't care about that shyt. So stop with the Internet projections like that shyt is indicitive of real life for most. When it comes to black women you can see that more often (even though some are just like most dudes and dont gaf) IRL and online of them hating on a black dude (mainly successful ones) if they dating IR.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
You keep saying this, but what about my posts screams "HE'S NOT BLACK" to you?

See, the fact that black people as a whole stereotype their own race is one reason we keep taking L's
CAC fakkit, just shut the fukk up.

Stop saying we, your not part of "we", even though you really wanna be which is why you have 5 other accounts? Why can't you just get the fukk out of our business? You devils always wanna be in our shyt, even though y'all supposedly hate it. Just go away. shoo

Daps
Think about like this. There is no place like home right? So no matter what people all over the world may say, as long as I can come come and feel safe and beautiful it shouldn't matter. But the more I read and post, the more I'm starting to see black people don't want love from other blacks they want love from whites and they hate the fact that whites value lighter skin than darker skin so they bring that hate and jealously home.

It's the same like guys don't want the love of an ugly girl, they want the love of a pretty girl.

But yeah, it sucks that the greatest oppressors of black people are other blacks.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Bold is a bunch of mainly Internet bullshyt. Most dudes I know don't give a fukk if a chick dates a white dude even if she good looking. I see that shyt on here at times and even then alot of dudes say they don't care about that shyt. So stop with the Internet projections like that shyt is indicitive of real life for most. When it comes to black women you can see that more often (even though some are just like most dudes and dont gaf) IRL and online of them hating on a black dude (mainly successful ones) if they dating IR.

Okay, lemme get this straight:

According to @phillmonroe

• Black men don't care, because
    • The internet isn't indicative of real life
    • You don't see it in your social circle
  • Black women do care, because
    • You see them on the internet
    • You see it in real life
Bruh, it's hard to respond when it reads like you just upset & want to shift the blame black women, solely