Are we partly responsible for black women's self-hate issues?

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Black women are as responsible for self hate issues as anybody else. One time I was listening to a conversation between two black girls (one light skinned one dark skinned) and the dark skinned chick told the light skinned chick that the only thing that made her pretty was her complexion. I was just sitting there like :what:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
MCX0707BESKIN002-medium-new.jpg

Here's a better pic, and I was talking about just complexion.

No. :comeon:

Like @MAKAVELI25 stated, it's more so the features, not the skin tone. Kind of reminiscent of how some AA believe that if they bleach their skin, they'll be more attractive and appeal to a broader audience. They don't have anyone to break it to them that regardless of whether or not your lighten three shades, if you're not aesthetically pleasing look at, then it's not going to matter - you're still going to be labeled unattractive.

No ONE is checking for Lil Mama even though she's light skin. :heh:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you want this
nadine-ellis-bwih-425.jpg

but CACS/JEW/blackfeminist media pushes this
images

i wouldn't say black feminist push it. black women in general just tolerate it. they believe that if they can some how get nikkas to accept precious as attractive, THEY KNOW THEY'LL BE SEEN AS DIMES.

Daps
No. :comeon:

Like @MAKAVELI25 stated, it's more so the features, not the skin tone. Kind of reminiscent of how some AA believe that if they bleach their skin, they'll be more attractive and appeal to a broader audience. They don't have anyone to break it to them that regardless of whether or not your lighten three shades, if you're not aesthetically pleasing look at, then it's not going to matter - you're still going to be labeled unattractive.

No ONE is checking for Lil Mama even though she's light skin. :heh:

Eh, not true. There was that pic of dude who bleached his skin, got A LOT more attention from people and was better liked, but ultimately felt empty because he realized how much black people hate blackness.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Black women are as responsible for self hate issues as anybody else. One time I was listening to a conversation between two black girls (one light skinned one dark skinned) and the dark skinned chick told the light skinned chick that the only thing that made her pretty was her complexion. I was just sitting there like :what:
And this the ish I'm talking about. I honestly feel bad for light skin chicks as funny as they may sound because they are always called stuck up or no one wants to validate their beauty anymore simply because they are light. The same as thing as saying "you cute to be dark."

Killer Instinct

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
We can all sit here and act like the average white woman isn't simped a lot harder than the average darkskinned female, but I thought the point of internet message boards was to "be real" and not worry about social consequences.

Fact is that most white women are seen as "attractive", most black women just aren't. The ones that are either have model-tier looks or are light skinned. A white girl that looks liek this

1936585-540410-happy-and-smart-young-blond-woman-with-funny-glasses-and-plait-looks-like-nerdy-girl-smiling-and-looking-at-camera-humor-style-on-white-background.jpg

will be simped hard, especially online this black girl

authorphotocolormedium.jpg

will mostly be told she's beautiful by other black women :troll:

That's not the average dark skin black woman, though. And that certainly isn't the average white woman.

Killer Instinct

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
here was that pic of dude who bleached his skin, got A LOT more attention from people and was better liked, but ultimately felt empty because he realized how much black people hate blackness.

Yeah, I remember seeing that. :wow: Sad stuff. Doesn't change my point, though. It's a matter of perception, but if you're unattractive, changing your skin tone doesn't change that.

Again, NOBODY is checking for Lil Mama.

Daps
Yeah, I remember seeing that. :wow: Sad stuff. Doesn't change my point, though. It's a matter of perception, but if you're unattractive, changing your skin tone doesn't change that.

Again, NOBODY is checking for Lil Mama.

I mean, you won't go from a 3 to an 8, but you'll definitely be seen as "more attractive", even if only by a point or two.

That's not the average dark skin black woman, though. And that certainly isn't the average white woman.

I just googled "nerdy white girl" and "nerdy black girl" and got those images. You have a problem take it up with google :whoa:

Daps
Again, a lot of the "dark skinned" dudes like Morris and Elba are attractive, but they got shytted on BECAUSE they were darkskinned. And as we've seen already, an ugly white boy can get a black girl just because of his skin/social status.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So this goes back to white people then, like I said earlier? I thought we were just discussing colorism in the black community? Do black people really want acceptance from white people that bad that we resort to hating light skin people for shyt they're not even responsible for? I rarely met a light skin or even biracial person who wants more acceptance from whites than blacks. Of course you have some c00ns out there but by large, light skin and biracial people seemed to be more concerned with how blacks treat them than whites but then again this could just be in my own little world. This is why you have high bright biracials claiming to be black or acting stereo typically black so people KNOW they are black. I have girls tell me all the time they wish they had my skin complexion, I was shocked when I first heard that. Like why would you want my complexion? Light skin is already on top? But when you actually see what they go through it makes since.

No one, it seems, is happy with the way they are. Always thinking the grass is greener on the other side.

I didn't bother reading this post because it's full of red herring and emotionalism. I'll just summarize it for you. All else being equal, it is better to have some traits than others in society. It is better to be smart than dumb; beautiful than ugly; tall than short; athletic than non-athletic; the list goes on. In this sense the grass is greener on the other side. I know women often don't like absolutes and prefer to talk around every issue until everyone reaches an impasse and decides to quit, but this is the truth. Privilege, like many other things, is like an onion. There are many layers. If you accept that privilege exists fort one group beyond the one you're talking about, then it is not such a stretch to say that others have privilege too.

Last edited:

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
I didn't bother reading this post because it's full of irrelevancy and feelings. I'll just summarize it for you: all else being equal, it is better to have some traits than others in society. It is better to be smart than dumb; beautiful than ugly; tall than short; athletic than non-athletic; the list goes on. In this sense the grass is greener on the other side. I know women often don't like absolutes and prefer to talk around every issue until everyone reaches an impasse but this is the truth.
Now I'm irrelevant because I'm a woman and don't agree with what you said?

I've already made numerous comments on how yes, lighter people of all races are more desired to the dominant society than their darker counterparts. We all know this but I'm not talking about how the dominant society treats them, I'm talking about how they are treated within their own community. Dark skin people have it worse because they don't look white but that doesn't mean we should turn around and use society's values in our own communities or even get mad because that's how society views them.

Some of y'all need to learn how to separate the dominant society views from black views. I'm talking strictly about the black community and how we view each other.

Nintendough

#Kliq
Daps
Reppin
Eagles, Canes, Kliq, Sixers
I didn't bother reading this post because it's full of red herring and emotionalism. I'll just summarize it for you. All else being equal, it is better to have some traits than others in society. It is better to be smart than dumb; beautiful than ugly; tall than short; athletic than non-athletic; the list goes on. In this sense the grass is greener on the other side. I know women often don't like absolutes and prefer to talk around every issue until everyone reaches an impasse and decides to quit, but this is the truth. Privilege, like many other things, is like an onion. There are many layers. If you accept that privilege exists and can say that a group besides the one you're talking about now has privilege, then it is not such a stretch to say that others have privilege too.

Say you didn't read a post but type a long, smarmy response addressing it....even though you "didn't read it" brehs :dead: