Are we partly responsible for black women's self-hate issues?

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
You do realize that those are beauty pageant queens in Sudan right? They're the best of the best.
If they were the equivalent white woman they'd be viewed in a different light, or if these women had lighter skin.
No ugly women are just ugly women. Just because you're in a pageant or a model doesn't make you pretty.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Breh, I think you may be onto something with these feminist black women being just bedwenches in disguise.

I see it all the time. they love white men.
especially college educated black feminists.

it's either women they like or white men.

hnXLQAe.png

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think anyone has ever called a black man for finding obviously attractive white women self haters. Its when they're put on a pedestal or diss BW in favor of them is when self hatred is brought up.

:heh: nikkas get called a self hatingc oon all the time on here for liking non-black women

You don't think white boys grow up getting made fun of for being geeky or nerdy by white girls too? Its universal. But they don't conclude "Well I guess have to date outside my race now" as their solution to their problems. People of color always seem to think somehow white people are the answer.

it's funny you have to compare "geeky, nerdy white guys" to just a black kid being dark skinned. its a complete freudian slip on your behalf, but BW definitely treat complexion like a social disorder.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
I'm not saying every black feminist is bed wenching out here, but I've encountered quite a few 20 something tumblr feminists with cac boyfriends who feel validated to talk shyt about brothers not picking sistas. I mean, there is a certain type of black woman out here like that. You know they exist. They watch adventure time, they're on that begging white people for equality shyt. Basically, these people just want to live amongst white people and be their token friends. I think ya'll ignoring the ones who do because it makes the movement look bad when she wants to bring Chad along.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
i already addressed this. ask a black woman the type of dark skinned guy she likes, and it'll literally be the same 5 nikkas; and as someone else pointed out. the dark skinned men y'all claim to love also admit they caught HELL growing up over their skin color
They name the same 5 dudes because if they start naming dudes off the street, you wouldn't know them. Just like dudes name the same 5 dark skin or light skin chicks they like.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
I see it all the time. they love white men.
especially college educated black feminists.

it's either women they like or white men.

hnXLQAe.png

Damn , you broke it down to a science. You know exactly what type of woman I'm talking about. They out here for real. I think these women want acceptance from the dominant society more than they want black empowerment, know what I mean?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They name the same 5 dudes because if they start naming dudes off the street, you wouldn't know them. Just like dudes name the same 5 dark skin or light skin chicks they like.

iight, fine. im just tired of black women saying they love dark skinned black men, then the first nikka they bring up is idris elba

Daps
Yall just get on here and make shyt up........:laugh:

Whatever you say yah dap-fishing weirdo. We all know black people clown those darker than them HARD, or anyone that seems African. To deny this just tells me you did the same shyt in school (or laughed when someone did) and don't want to admit to it because it makes you a c00n :usure:

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
iight, fine. im just tired of black women saying they love dark skinned black men, then the first nikka they bring up is idris elba

I also love Lance Gross and Morris Chestnut :noah:

Although my husband for now is Cam Newton and he's brown skin, as I've learned from this thread.

You mad cuz you don't look like Idris? :lupe:

Spoonz

Just Wild
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
West Virginia

Sounds like black men who always bring up kelly rowland and gabby union. :heh: Dark skinned men constantly say they're the most desired so their self esteem is fine breh:deadrose:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
What black women you talking about? Because light skin women love dark skin men and dark skin women love light skin men (on average). Where did you grow up?

I will admit that yes you rarely see a dark skin woman liking a dark skin men but almost every light skin girl I know love dark skin men.
I grew up on the east. I'm well aware that opposites tend to attract as far as light skinned and dark skinned black people. That doesn't discount my point that black women are just as colorstruck as black men. You keep trying to duck and dodge that truth and that's what makes it seem like you have an agenda. There's a whole lot of room on the spectrum between light skin and dark skin, and most blacks are somewhere in the middle. You're trying to paint it like blacks either the complexion of Alicia Keys or Wesley Snipes.

You're still confused as to what I'm saying. I'm not sayin that black women aren't attracted to dark skinned black men. I'm saying that black when are just as colorstruck and have just as many issues with colorism as black men do. Being attracted to dark skinned black men doesn't discount a black women from having issues with colorism. I've seen plenty of women with dark skinned men, shyt on their man's dark complexion when they angry or upset. Any dark skinned black person will tell you that their dark complexion is the 1st thing that other black people will point out when their trying to dis. A lot of the same women who are attracted to brothers like Elba and Chestnut, would call those cats every "black" name under the sun if they got mad enough. Colorism is deeply ingrained in both black men and women. It's counterproductive to deny that or pretend as if one gender is more colorstruck than the other.

I actually have a theory as to why dark skinned black men seemingly get more love from people than dark skinned black women, but people's self esteem aren't ready for that.