Are we partly responsible for black women's self-hate issues?

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
If you say no, you are lying. Outside of white supremacy, the male to female dynamic is unequal. Men have the upper hand. And black men who constantly fawn over light brights, red, yella, or even white passing chicks have to take responsibility. It's a few members here I've seen that have said point blank that they don't like women who have nappy hair, and only like women with that good curly hair. That's what we constantly hear in our communities from certain men. I'm the darkest in my family, but my brothers and father made me love that (even though a few family members told me that my good hair gives me a pass). Y'all gotta stop with this double talk bullshyt. White run media tells us to model ourselves closer to Eurocentric beauty ideals, but our brothers need to step in and be more proactive and counter that. That's all I'm saying.

Spoonz

Just Wild
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
West Virginia
black men put black women down and this is why they're having identity an crisis across all black communities?

black men are responsible for black women not liking the color of their skin, the color of their eyes or the texture of their hair?

:camby:

White supremacy is ultimately responsible.

Okay. But let's be real even if black men did control the media here in America i have a feeling they'd put a bunch of mixed girls as the beauty standard.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No. Black men gave into white supremacy a long time ago and started loving everything white or light.

any stats or proof to back this up? sounds like bullshyt. there's colorism going on, but i believe most black men want a black woman.

. They did very little to make bw feel good about themselves.

and this i can agree with. black men of the past and present have done very little to counteract all the negativity our women receive from media.. but my problem is, these women dont act or behave like they're collectively our women at all. they care more about their gender than they do the race. they want to move forward w/o the black man, but expect us to want to love and protect them. when our women get on this whole feminist wave and talk about how they want to be treated equal to men, they have to remember that men don't protect other men.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
No. Black men gave into white supremacy a long time ago and started loving everything white or light. They did very little to make bw feel good about themselves. nikkas think their the "conscious" ones but really they're just as bad.

Wrong black women already know they can have us. They are looking for white male acceptances. We are just the scapegoats for the issues they have.

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
If you say no, you are lying. Outside of white supremacy, the male to female dynamic is unequal. Men have the upper hand. And black men who constantly fawn over light brights, red, yella, or even white passing chicks have to take responsibility. It's a few members here I've seen that have said point blank that they don't like women who have nappy hair, and only like women with that good curly hair. That's what we constantly hear in our communities from certain men. I'm the darkest in my family, but my brothers and father made me love that (even though a few family members told me that my good hair gives me a pass). Y'all gotta stop with this double talk bullshyt. White run media tells us to model ourselves closer to Eurocentric beauty ideals, but our brothers need to step in and be more proactive and counter that. That's all I'm saying.

Dark skin men get clowned growing up, If you African and come to an American school you get clowned. Black Men just ignore it but some c00ns give in(vybez cartel), Black Women internalize it. Black men don't change our appearance to appease whoever is insulting us. I don't know why Black men are getting the blame when it is clearly White supremacy.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
yes & this is a very great thread...the best of these type of discussions

if we are the 'man' in our relationships with black women... if we are doing our job right, then we must say we are being a benefit to our women mentally and physically in our relationship with them.
looking at one's self & using introspection on how to improve is never a bad thing. I applaud this discussion.

Daps
I don't get what self-hate issues black women have lol. Just because they wanna wear weaves and shyt? How common is skin bleaching, like actually?

• Dap
Reactions: flo

Spoonz

Just Wild
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
West Virginia
A lot of mixed girls are pretty though and they are black technically speaking :yeshrug: When halle berry is with a white man she's a black queen, when she's with a brother she's that lightskin bytch.

Biracials are not black. A black woman should be put as the standard for black women. Why is that so hard to understand?

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Dark skin men get clowned growing up, If you African and come to an American school you get clowned. Black Men just ignore it but some c00ns give in(vybez cartel), Black Women internalize it. Black men don't change our appearance to appease whoever is insulting us. I don't know why Black men are getting the blame when it is clearly White supremacy.

Outside of white supremacy, in the female-male dynamic, men have the upper hand. Who gets away with shyt, is it men or women? It's a man's world. Black men don't have the privilege or power to do anything about it besides in our communities. Tell your daughters they're beautiful and be a positive influence for your own family. This mixed girl, light bright and damn near white worship by our brothers needs to stop. Take responsibility that's all I'm saying.