Are we partly responsible for black women's self-hate issues?

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
if it was as simple as growing out of it, then the problem wouldn't be as bad as it is.

this world is dominated by white supremacy and as long as the world remains that way, the great majority non-white people will aspire to assimilate into white norms, customs and ideologies.
Notice I also said stand on their own two feet. People of color (not just blacks) are waiting for white supremacy to just go away like white people are going to one day say "I'm tired of all this power, opportunity, and being the standard of world beauty. Let's just all be equal." I'm sorry to say but the dominant society isn't going to do that so we have to find the strength within to change how we not only look at ourselves but other POC. Never said is was simple or easy but it's the first step to dismantling white supremacy because sitting here sulking about why white people don't like us and trying to change their minds and their ways obviously isn't working.

It's the same as when I would complain that there aren't enough black protagonist in mainstream video games, so instead of pouting about it and forcing white people (who probably know nothing about making a non stereotypical black character)to do it, I decided to try to break into the video game scene myself and when I do, I will make sure to have black protagonist in mainstream video games. This is a more simplistic thing but it's the same way the black community works. We want white people to do everything for us instead of doing things ourselves.

Daps
Ok..so that just confirms that Cacs have taken over worldwide. What else is new?

You really have to stop crying about spilt milk though. I'm really just getting the impression that you've been rejected because of your color and now you're projecting that onto black women. Obviously somewhere in this world dark-skinned women and dark-skinned men are getting it in with each other or else there wouldn't be so many dark-skinned ass people out here.

No, it's more the fact that black women get angry at the fact that black guys say they want light-skinned women, but are quick to clown a darker brother them damn selves. It's more of the hypocrisy that I'm getting at and most people have been pointing out for 9 pages.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Notice I also said stand on their own two feet. People of color (not just blacks) are waiting for white supremacy to just go away like white people are going to one day say "I'm tired of all this power, opportunity, and being the standard of world beauty. Let's just all be equal." I'm sorry to say but the dominant society isn't going to do that so we have to find the strength within to change how we not only look at ourselves but other POC. Never said is was simple or easy but it's the first step to dismantling white supremacy because sitting here sulking about why white people don't like us and trying to change their minds and their ways obviously isn't working.

It's the same as when I would complain that there aren't enough black protagonist in mainstream video games, so instead of pouting about it and forcing white people (who probably know nothing about making a non stereotypical black character), I decided to try to break into the video game scene myself and when I do, I will make sure to have black protagonist in mainstream video games. This is more simplistic thing but it's the same way the black community works. We want white people to do everything for us instead of doing things ourselves.

I've taken my own personal steps, and that is to separate myself from White people unless I absolutely have to be around them.

I've also separated myself from non-white people who support white supremacy with their behaviors, thoughts and actions.

Vashti

In need of assistance.
Daps
Reppin
No and Hell No
No, it's more the fact that black women get angry at the fact that black guys say they want light-skinned women, but are quick to clown a darker brother them damn selves. It's more of the hypocrisy that I'm getting at and most people have been pointing out for 9 pages.
Ok

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
I've taken my own personal steps, and that is to separate myself from White people unless I absolutely have to be around them.

I've also separated myself from non-white people who support white supremacy with their behaviors, thoughts and actions.
If you feel that's helping cool. But what would really help is trying to educate young black youth or insert the black image into something in any way you can. Even if you're just talking to younger cousins or younger nieces and nephews that's good too. Help the future black generations be better than the us and they will make sure their generation is better than theirs and so on. I know that seeing black come together; men and women, dark and light, without insulting each other or seeing an overwhelming number of natural hair black women or even black businesses are probably not in my future but that doesn't mean I can't instill the next generation to do it or even the generation after that. But we have to start somewhere, Rome wasn't built in a day as the saying goes. Blacks have been through a lot but we have an even longer way to go.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
The fact that a white person can recognize & make that assumption just shows how much this idea of a having a " red or yellow bone," is perpetuated in the black community.NO, I'm not going to blame a white man for a black man willingly saying "Beautiful black woman I bet that b*tch look better red," NO,I'm not going to blame a white men for a BLACK man saying "A n*gga can't stand no black ass bytch," in a song for the world to see and hear,period. There is no excuse.
Of course you would use this white chick to cosign this junk. I bet if this roommate said she can see how black women were loud you wouldn't be so quick to broadcast that would you lol.

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you feel that's helping cool. But what would really help is trying to educate young black youth or insert the black image into something in any way you can. Even if you're just talking to younger cousins or younger nieces and nephews that's good too. Help the future black generations be better than the us and they will make sure their generation is better than theirs and so on. I know that seeing black come together; men and women, dark and light, without insulting each other or seeing an overwhelming number of natural hair black women or even black businesses are probably not in my future but that doesn't mean I can't instill the next generation to do it or even the generation after that. But we have to start somewhere, Rome wasn't built in a day as the saying goes. Blacks have been through a lot but we have an even longer way to go.
Can't get better when you refuse to accept responsibility.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I don't think black men as a whole have control over the self esteem of anybody besides themselves.

However, I do believe many of us have subconsciously subscribed to the white supremacist ideology when it comes to shadism. Each time I read a black man degrading another black woman solely based on her skin color shade; it makes me want to physically hurt them if they were in my presence of course.How can you say you don't like dark skin women when your dark yourself?

The color struck idiots make these comments as if this country didn't try to the devalue black people based on their skin color.

I said this many times,before there's any progress on a collective level amongst us as a race, we will need to get rid of black men who play these color games with our women.
Just for shyts and giggles do you want to hurt chicks that don't want to date dudes that are the same height or not as tall when they wear heels? I mean using your logic shouldn't we use that for everything? I mean why is there only a color problem we got height problems, money problems, etc fukk it lets get rid of them all or shut the fukk up like y'all really care about shyt. Stop trying to strong arm people to like shyt they don't y'all all will survive.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
I don't think black men as a whole have control over the self esteem of anybody besides themselves.

However, I do believe many of us have subconsciously subscribed to the white supremacist ideology when it comes to shadism. Each time I read a black man degrading another black woman solely based on her skin color shade; it makes me want to physically hurt them if they were in my presence of course.How can you say you don't like dark skin women when your dark yourself?

The color struck idiots make these comments as if this country didn't try to the devalue black people based on their skin color.

I said this many times,before there's any progress on a collective level amongst us as a race, we will need to get rid of black men who play these color games with our women.
how do you feel about women who want

1.Tall men
2. Rich men
3. Muscular men

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang

It's the same as when I would complain that there aren't enough black protagonist in mainstream video games, so instead of pouting about it and forcing white people (who probably know nothing about making a non stereotypical black character)to do it, I decided to try to break into the video game scene myself and when I do, I will make sure to have black protagonist in mainstream video games. This is a more simplistic thing but it's the same way the black community works. We want white people to do everything for us instead of doing things ourselves.

You code? :lupe:

Jeremy-Renners-Goofy-Stare-In-Love.gif

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
Not yet, taking a programming class this Spring Semester though :win: Although I hear Python isn't the best programming tool for video games it gets my foot in the door to other classes that will help.

01001001 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 means I loooooovee youuuuuuu:shaq:

Let's make beautiful programs together

Gravity

Banned
Daps
If I said black women aren't color struck when it comes to men, show me. You just jumped your ass into a convo and didn't even get what I was talking about. All my response to marcuz was saying that cute dark skin men get as much love as cute light skin men FROM MY EXPERIENCE. Just like cute dark skin girls got as much love as cute light skin girls. Of course there was the "cute to be dark skin" comments that both men and women got but that doesn't mean neither side got any love. You the one playing dumb trying to make it sound like I don't put any blame on black women and just bashed black men. Sorry but you're not going to find the argument you're looking for here.
I was actually already in this convo before you jumped your ass in. The only reason that I even quoted you is because you said some dumb shyt that needed to be corrected. I know exactly what you've said and implied. You can keep trying to sugarcoat your bullshyt with this "from my experience" disclaimer, but it's still bullshyt. "Cute" is subjective. The people you consider to be "cute" aren't necessarily cute to the next person. Dark skinned black men do not get as much love on average from black women as light skinned black men. The reason you're so hell bent on perpetuating that lie is because you are trying to paint black men as being more colorstruck than black women. No, you might not come out and directly say that but you're clearly implying it. You're just too cowardly to admit that.

HollowPoints2

Don Makaveli.
Daps
Reppin
East Coast
Dark skin men get clowned growing up, If you African and come to an American school you get clowned. Black Men just ignore it but some c00ns give in(vybez cartel), Black Women internalize it. Black men don't change our appearance to appease whoever is insulting us. I don't know why Black men are getting the blame when it is clearly White supremacy.

Speak for yourself.

How is that possible when the majority of black people in America are dark skin?Do you know the serious beatdowns mulatto dudes would've gotten every day for disrespecting our heritage like that?

I don't know where your from or who you roll with but if you were letting crossbreeds disrespect black ancestry without getting at them physically then you guys were some cowards.

Anybody who traveled around the country like I have, would know that the vast majority of African Americans still resemble their ancestors four hundred years after their arrival.

Go to Pennsylvania,New York, Mississippi, Alabama, Washington DC, Georgia, Kentucky Arkansas etc and you will notice that the vast majority of black people in those states are dark skin, so how would it be possible for mulattos to pick on us growing? They would have gotten their brains smashed in.

Where I grew up there were mostly black people even though there was a small portion of mulatto but if they ever would have disrespected us for being dark it would have been a bloodbath. Literally speaking.I suggest you get off the internet and look into reality.