Are we partly responsible for black women's self-hate issues?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Eff blaming white supremecy.

It's going to be 75 years from now & black folks will still be pointing the finger at the white man.There comes a time when you have to start pointing the finger at yourself.I see the topic we're talking about is colorism.Colorism is a HUGE issue that women of color go through.It's the elephant in the room.If it's got to the point where even my white room mate can assume & say "blacks guys don't really like dark skin girls," then yes it's a problem.

it wasn't a problem until your white roommate noticed?

you're pointing out colorism like white supremacy didn't create the fukking caste system that spawned colorism.

Black people can point the finger at each other as much as they want to, it doesn't fix the root of the problem which is white supremacy.

even if 100% of Black people accepted the blame for colorism, in 75 years there would STILL BE COLORISM BECAUSE OF WHITE SUPREMACY.

:ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd:

Daps
:stopitslime: Very idiotic points..

Obviously those dudes didn't "peak" until they got older. And this is coming from a dark-skinned girl that was told on several occasions by other black people, I'm cute to be black or dark..

For women is different. Even though the "dark skin" thing is made into a female issue, the darkskin men suffer more from it. A darkskinned female can still get guys no problem. Even if a darkskinned male is handsome, no woman wants to go out with the dude everyone makes fun of :stopitslime:. Lots of people don't "peak" until they get older, but stop acting like EVERYONE doesn't make fun of dark black people.

Y'all are quick to call anyone who says anything negative about blacks "c00ns" and act like you're on that "black power" tip, but I KNOW 90% of y'all clowned blacks that were darker than you or at least laughed when someone else was doing it. Whites don't even have to put black people down, blacks do that better than they ever did.

WHIPPEDCream

♔Evil Queen.
Daps
Reppin
The Seven Five
it wasn't a problem until your white roommate noticed?

you're pointing out colorism like white supremacy didn't create the fukking caste system that spawned colorism.

Black people can point the finger at each other as much as they want to, it doesn't fix the root of the problem which is white supremacy.

even if 100% of Black people accepted the blame for colorism, in 75 years there would STILL BE COLORISM BECAUSE OF WHITE SUPREMACY.

The fact that a white person can recognize & make that assumption just shows how much this idea of a having a " red or yellow bone," is perpetuated in the black community.NO, I'm not going to blame a white man for a black man willingly saying "Beautiful black woman I bet that b*tch look better red," NO,I'm not going to blame a white men for a BLACK man saying "A n*gga can't stand no black ass bytch," in a song for the world to see and hear,period. There is no excuse.

Daps
Cam Newton? The QB for the panthers ain't dark skin? On what planet? He may not be as dark as Elba or Lance but he's pretty dark to me.

353622.jpg

That's one thing I don't like about the coli. Y'all are quick to call any "brown" black dude "dark skin". Cam is probably of an "average" complexion for black dudes. Y'all act like if a dude isn't :heh: complexion he's darkskinned. THIS is darkskinned

loi-des-armes-2001-05-g.jpg

LeGarrette-Blount.jpg

Don_Cheadle_at_his_Brooklyn%27s_Finest_Interview.jpg

And all these dudes got clowned for their complexion growing up, MAINLY by other blacks.

The fact that you think a person has to be 80% CaC to be lightskinned tells me y'all are the c00ns.

Spoonz

Just Wild
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
West Virginia
That's one thing I don't like about the coli. Y'all are quick to call any "brown" black dude "dark skin". Cam is probably of an "average" complexion for black dudes. Y'all act like if a dude isn't :heh: complexion he's darkskinned. THIS is darkskinned

LeGarrette-Blount.jpg

And all these dudes got clowned for their complexion growing up, MAINLY by other blacks.

The fact that you think a person has to be 80% CaC to be lightskinned tells me y'all are the c00ns.

many people include brown skinned in the dark skinned category.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go

LeGarrette-Blount.jpg

Chris Brown ain't 80% white and he's light skin, hell I got a cousin whose light skin and our mothers are sisters. My grandmother is also light skin. Sorry if I offended any "brown" skin people by calling them dark skin. I've said it once I'll say it again I always considered every black person brown, it's just light skin means light brown and dark skin means dark brown to me.

HollowPoints2

Don Makaveli.
Daps
Reppin
East Coast
I don't think black men as a whole have control over the self esteem of anybody besides themselves.

However, I do believe many of us have subconsciously subscribed to the white supremacist ideology when it comes to shadism. Each time I read a black man degrading another black woman solely based on her skin color shade; it makes me want to physically hurt them if they were in my presence of course.How can you say you don't like dark skin women when your dark yourself?

The color struck idiots make these comments as if this country didn't try to the devalue black people based on their skin color.

I said this many times,before there's any progress on a collective level amongst us as a race, we will need to get rid of black men who play these color games with our women.
What role do black men play in sustaining black women's self-hatred issues?

And how could we help our sisters feel more beautiful?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
The fact that a white person can recognize & make that assumption just shows how much this idea of a having a " red or yellow bone," is perpetuated in the black community.NO, I'm not going to blame a white man for a black man willingly saying "Beautiful black woman I bet that b*tch look better red," NO,I'm not going to blame a white men for a BLACK man saying "A n*gga can't stand no black ass bytch," in a song for the world to see and hear,period. There is no excuse.

you are really deeply rooted in and blinded by your own ignorance.

the example you cited is a Black celebrity funded by White corporations to make self destructive music that perpetuates ignorance in the Black community.

White supremacy has reduced the value of all non-white people, and colorism is nothing more than a side effect of the disease that is white supremacy.

If a Black child is born into a world where the closer someone is to White, the better treatment they receive, then it's no surprise that their idea of what's beautiful will scale from the lightest being the most desirable and darkness being unwanted.

Black people didn't suddenly wake up one day and not like their nappy hair and dark skin, it was taught to them for hundreds of years and those standards are passed down generationally by Black people and constantly reinforced in the media hence Lil Wayne's line in that song.

I don't like that Wayne said that, but I'm not blind to what laid the groundwork for his line of thought, and it isn't simply because Black men are born hating dark skinned Black women.

:snoop:

Last edited:
Daps
many people include brown skinned in the dark skinned category.

Many people are idiots. The thing is that a brownskinned black person will never be mistaken for something else and has mostly black ancestory, but they aren't "dark skinned". Most black people are "brown". I do get that most people include anyone darker than this

P9211800.JPG

As "dark skinned", but you should see how quick these "dark skinned" black people mock and make fun of "dark" black people.

As long as black people as a group think that they're "better off" for being lighter or that being "lighter" is more attractive we'll be taking L's. Y'all get mad at Latina/Asian/Indian parents not letting their daughters marry black guys, but why would they want their grandkids to be black, when even black people don't like being black?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I don't think black men as a whole have control over the self esteem of anybody besides themselves.

However, I do believe many of us have subconsciously subscribed to the white supremacist ideology when it comes to shadism. Each time I read a black man degrading another black woman solely based on her skin color shade; it makes me want to physically hurt them if they were in my presence of course.How can you say you don't like dark skin women when your dark yourself?

The color struck idiots make these comments as if this country didn't try to the devalue black people based on their skin color.

I said this many times,before there's any progress on a collective level amongst us as a race, we will need to get rid of black men who play these color games with our women.

this is the root of the problem, and somehow we're supposed to blame ourselves for the side effects of YEARS of being devalued based on colors.

our self hate is institutionalized now, so much so that we're blaming each other for a problem that we didn't create in the first fukking place.

slaves didn't hop off the boat hating dark skinned women and "nappy hair"

Daps
Chris Brown ain't 80% white and he's light skin, hell I got a cousin whose light skin and our mothers are sisters. My grandmother is also light skin. Sorry if I offended any "brown" skin people by calling them dark skin. I've said it once I'll say it again I always considered every black person brown, it's just light skin means light brown and dark skin means dark brown to me.

Honey, if you're "light skinned", you're more CaC than you are black. I always find it funny how earlier you all were shytting on me for the "european" features joint, but most of the black men/women you deem as "attractive" all have significant white ancestry. You all act like black men prop up light skinned women, but most black male sex symbols are light skinned. Back in the day this nikka

52b211cf7baaf.image.jpg

Got a lot of flack because some were worried he was too dark to be a good R&B singer.

WHIPPEDCream

♔Evil Queen.
Daps
Reppin
The Seven Five
you are really deeply rooted in and blinded by your own ignorance.

the example you cited is a Black celebrity funded by White corporations to make self destructive music that perpetuates ignorance in the Black community.

White supremacy has reduced the value of all non-white people, and colorism is nothing more than a side effect of the disease that is white supremacy.

If a Black child is born into a world where the closer you are to White, the better treatment they receive, then it's no surprise that their idea of what's beautiful will scale from the lightest being the most desirable and darkness being unwanted.

Black people didn't suddenly wake up one day and not like their nappy hair and dark skin, it was taught to them for hundreds of years and those standards are passed down generationally by Black people and constantly reinforced in the media hence Lil Wayne's line in that song.

I don't like that Wayne said that, but I'm not blind to what laid the groundwork for his line of thought, and it isn't simply because Black men are born hating dark skinned Black women.

:snoop:

Lol, oh okay.

Yes,poor little Wayne.He was born in a world where anything white & close to it was put on a pedestal.Poor any black rapper who has to disrespect black women for being black.They just can't help themselves,right?Let's just excuse it. It's amazing that when it comes to powerful black women in the industry (Beyonce, Rihanna, Ciara, Kelly Rowland,list any other black female celeb here) they don't scrutinize black men for being black!They also don't perpetuate the idea that a non-black man is better than a black one. But iight.

Vashti

In need of assistance.
Daps
Reppin
No and Hell No
For women is different. Even though the "dark skin" thing is made into a female issue, the darkskin men suffer more from it. A darkskinned female can still get guys no problem. Even if a darkskinned male is handsome, no woman wants to go out with the dude everyone makes fun of :stopitslime:. Lots of people don't "peak" until they get older, but stop acting like EVERYONE doesn't make fun of dark black people.

Y'all are quick to call anyone who says anything negative about blacks "c00ns" and act like you're on that "black power" tip, but I KNOW 90% of y'all clowned blacks that were darker than you or at least laughed when someone else was doing it. Whites don't even have to put black people down, blacks do that better than they ever did.

Yeah I laughed until I matured a little and realized that shyt wasn't cute... But damn, what kid DIDN'T get made fun of when they were younger. I mean damn..quit all that bytching.

Also if you really want to talk about being made fun of..I have an authentic african last name since my dad is from Congo and you don't even wanna know how many ways people can make fun of that. It's life. I know plenty of dark skin dudes that have girlfriends..because they're handsome and cool af.

Are you dark skinned?

I have another question...how many WELL-KNOWN, BLACK, FEMALE musicians or actresses have you heard say they only want a "red-bone" male? :stopitslime: We all know Lil Wayne's famous line "Beautiful black woman, bet that b**** look better red." That's the sentiment of a lot of black men. Not all, but a lot.