Are we partly responsible for black women's self-hate issues?

Gravity

Banned
Daps
The point was black women don't only love light skin men, I call everyone who isn't light skin dark skin but I'll use the proper "brown skin" term *rolls eyes*.
The sassy histrionics are unnecessary. Cam isn't dark skinned like you claimed. Me pointing that out is nothing to roll your eyes over.

Your point that black women show love to more than light skinned black men doesn't discount the fact that black women are victims of colorism. While I'm sure a cat like Michael Vick got his share of love from black women while growing up, it's safe to assume that he also caught flack regarding his complexion from black women. That whole "cute to be dark" shyt goes both ways.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
The sassy histrionics are unnecessary. Cam isn't dark skinned like you claimed. Me pointing that out is nothing to roll your eyes over.

Your point that black women show love to more than light skinned black men doesn't discount the fact that black women are victims of colorism. While I'm sure a cat like Michael Vick got his share of love from black women while growing up, it's safe to assume that he also caught flack regarding his complexion from black women. That whole "cute to be dark" shyt goes both ways.
I was rolling my eyes because it was pointless to say what he was, he's still a darker brown than someone like Chris Brown. Plus I was just pointing out that there are black women that love dark men, never said dark men weren't made fun of. And just stating Mike Vick was a bad example :scusthov: I'd go with someone like Morris Chestnut :noah:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Yeah, I'm taking it there...lol. Black women love that "Genuwine" look. A lot of them just can't stand the attention that they get.
This is true to a certain extent, but that's more about overall insecurity. Those chics would be just as insecure dealing with a dark skinned guy that got a lot of attention.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
I was rolling my eyes because it was pointless to say what he was, he's still a darker brown than someone like Chris Brown. Plus I was just pointing out that there are black women that love dark men, never said dark men weren't made fun of. And just stating Mike Vick was a bad example :scusthov: I'd go with someone like Morris Chestnut :noah:
Ok, but classifying any dude darker than Chris Brown as dark skinned doesn't really make much sense. There's a pretty big gap between light skinned and dark skinned.

The fact that dark skinned men who are seen as attractive have still been made fun of by black women because of their complexion also proves my point. A lot of black women like Chestnut, but I can guarantee you that he has stories for days about the shade he's caught from black women regarding his complexion. Just because black women are attracted to dark skinned black men doesn't mean that they don't have colorism issues.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Ok, but classifying any dude darker than Chris Brown as dark skinned doesn't really make much sense. There's a pretty big gap between light skinned and dark skinned.

The fact that dark skinned men who are seen as attractive have still been made fun of by black women because of their complexion also proves my point. A lot of black women like Chestnut, but I can guarantee you that he has stories for days about the shade he's caught from black women regarding his complexion. Just because black women are attracted to dark skinned black men doesn't mean that they don't have colorism issues.
Ok, I get it now. I never said any dude darker than Chris Brown I was just using Chris as an example. When I hear dark skin, I think of darker brown, Cam is a darker brown complexion. I didn't know it was such an offense to get someone's skin complexion wrong by calling them dark skin when their really brown skinned, I apologize now can we move on from that geez.

Light skin dudes get made fun of too and yet still have women that love them. The coin flips both ways, I never said dark skin dudes don't get made fun of I was just saying just as many women who love light skin dudes love dark skin dudes. That's it my god.

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
their c00n ideology is that we should focus on other things, and stop blaming white people for something that they are actually at blame for.

I'm not concerned with trying to repair white people not am I trying to point the finger at them and say "look what you did", I'm more interested in Black people learning how the system of White supremacy operates and how it's responsible for how both white and non-white people view the world and themselves in it.

if that's me just blaming whitey then so be it, I'll take that charge.
:manny:

Inspite of this we still must strive and achieve. It is a hinderence but we must operate by whatever means necessary. Not saying become a drug dealer, just accept it as something that comes with the territory and the devil may cry. :yeshrug:

Flay Mayweather

Superstar
Daps
WQnQqZI.png
c00ns gonna c00n

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Ok, I get it now. I never said any dude darker than Chris Brown I was just using Chris as an example. When I hear dark skin, I think of darker brown, Cam is a darker brown complexion. I didn't know it was such an offense to get someone's skin complexion wrong by calling them dark skin when their really brown skinned, I apologize now can we move on from that geez.

Light skin dudes get made fun of too and yet still have women that love them. The coin flips both ways, I never said dark skin dudes don't get made fun of I was just saying just as many women who love light skin dudes love dark skin dudes. That's it my god.
More unnecessary histrionics:pachaha:

:snoop: So you equate the shade that light skinned men get from black women with the shade that dark skinned men get huh? You're in denial, which is common with a lot of black women these days. The average light skinned black man will get more play from the average black woman than the average dark skinned black man will get. Stop denying that, it's makes you look dishonest.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
More unnecessary histrionics:pachaha:

:snoop: So you equate the shade that light skinned men get from black women with the shade that dark skinned men get huh? You're in denial, which is common with a lot of black women these days. The average light skinned black man will get more play from the average black woman than the average dark skinned black man will get. Stop denying that, it's makes you look dishonest.
What am I denying? Please point to where I said dark skin men don't get made fun of I'll wait. Hell I even said earlier black women are to blame for other dark skin women who feel bad about themselves. Ain't nobody denying shyt, it sounds like some ugly dark skin dudes who are blaming their skintone for not getting play then their face. I hang out with all shades of black men and none of them have any problem getting women.

I also want to ask what's the problem with being confused with being dark skin? Some of y'all act like I called y'all a leper? :patrice:

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
the idea that black women need encouragement from black men to feel beautiful is the biggest load of horse shyt I have heard in my life.

Straight bull

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
That's who that is?? Aww thanks, never knew that I just like her fro. When I decide to go natural again I want my hair like hers.

She's one of my favorite artist and shes quite lovely in person. I can spot her natural head in a room full of fros lol Here's some more pics of her.

40771167.png
medium_conya.jpeg
conya_doss_New.jpg
Conya-Doss-051812-5.jpg