Are we partly responsible for black women's self-hate issues?

Gravity

Banned
Daps
What am I denying? Please point to where I said dark skin men don't get made fun of I'll wait. Hell I even said earlier black women are to blame for other dark skin women who feel bad about themselves. Ain't nobody denying shyt, it sounds like some ugly dark skin dudes who are blaming their skintone for not getting play then their face. I hang out with all shades of black men and none of them have any problem getting women.

I also want to ask what's the problem with being confused with being dark skin? Some of y'all act like I called y'all a leper? :patrice:
You're having a hard time keeping up. You're trying to deny the fact that black woman are colorstruck when it comes to men the same way that black men are colorstruck regarding women. I would accuse you d actif stupid but maybe you're not acting. You can save all of that simple psychology too. Especially if that's you.

l3lackstarr

In my observatory
Daps
Reppin
Alpha-Centauri
Partly? shyt after white media tells them they ain't shyt, we turn around and do the same thing. So its about 50/50 on that. Its the same dudes that hate themselves as well that keep perpetuating that fukkery. On the slightly bright side, I have seen more guys "wake up" if you will and not only stop, but check others on it as well.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its already been said man. a lot of brothas will openly say they think dark skinned women are ugly:yeshrug:

black women sure aren't exempt from this either. i blame 40 percent of it on white supremacy, and the rest is our fault.

edit: but this conversation really is pointless b/c people are still gonna have their preferences .

Last edited:

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
You're having a hard time keeping up. You're trying to deny the fact that black woman are colorstruck when it comes to men the same way that black men are colorstruck regarding women. I would accuse you d actif stupid but maybe you're not acting. You can save all of that simple psychology too. Especially if that's you.
If I said black women aren't color struck when it comes to men, show me. You just jumped your ass into a convo and didn't even get what I was talking about. All my response to marcuz was saying that cute dark skin men get as much love as cute light skin men FROM MY EXPERIENCE. Just like cute dark skin girls got as much love as cute light skin girls. Of course there was the "cute to be dark skin" comments that both men and women got but that doesn't mean neither side got any love. You the one playing dumb trying to make it sound like I don't put any blame on black women and just bashed black men. Sorry but you're not going to find the argument you're looking for here.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
its already been said man. a lot of brothas will openly say they think dark skinned women are ugly:yeshrug:

black women sure aren't exempt from this either. i blame 40 percent of it on white supremacy, and the rest is our fault.

when did Black men begin to think dark skin was ugly on a Black woman?

prior to coming slaves being brought to America do you think Black men didn't like dark skinned women?

:patrice:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when did Black men begin to think dark skin was ugly on a Black woman?

prior to coming slaves being brought to America do you think Black men didn't like dark skinned women?

:patrice:
hence the reason why i blame 40 percent of it on white supremacy(it might be more tho :patrice: ). but people are still responsible for their own thoughts and actions.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
hence the reason why i blame 40 percent of it on white supremacy(it might be more tho :patrice: ). but people are still responsible for their own thoughts and actions.

I'd say personally say 90%, and even that number might not be high enough.

yes, people are responsible for their own thoughts and actions but the system of white supremacy shapes the thoughts and behaviors of everyone in it.

have you ever seen this video? why do these Black children think the White doll is the pretty doll and not the Black doll when both dolls are virtually identical other than one being Black and the other white?

are these kids responsible for their thoughts and actions?

:lupe:

WHIPPEDCream

♔Evil Queen.
Daps
Reppin
The Seven Five
Eff blaming white supremecy.

It's going to be 75 years from now & black folks will still be pointing the finger at the white man.There comes a time when you have to start pointing the finger at yourself.I see the topic we're talking about is colorism.Colorism is a HUGE issue that women of color go through.It's the elephant in the room.If it's got to the point where even my white room mate can assume & say "blacks guys don't really like dark skin girls," then yes it's a problem.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She's one of my favorite artist and shes quite lovely in person. I can spot her natural head in a room full of fros lol Here's some more pics of her.

40771167.png
medium_conya.jpeg
conya_doss_New.jpg
Conya-Doss-051812-5.jpg

:whoo:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's ridiculous to even suggest a thing.

If anything black men are the ONLY ones who instill "black pride" in the appearance of black women...YEAH I said it again.

Black Men are the ones who put BIG BOOTIES on stage and made them admirable.

Black men are the ones who admire full lips on black women...black men are the ones who celebrate "thickness" on a woman...black men "celebrate" just about everything on a black woman that goes against Eurocentric beauty styles.

You have ALOT of "fat" [black] women walking around thinking that they look good because of black men.

However, the nature of today's black woman is to instinctively not to give credit to "black men" for anything pertaining to her self worth.

In reality...It's white men who make black women feel that they have to measure up to their idea of beauty their THEIR media, not ours.

But black women won't call them out because deep down inside they want their approval and they want to be put on the very same pedistal as the white woman is.

damn. i dont even have a response. im quoting this just so no one misses it