Are we partly responsible for black women's self-hate issues?

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
I can recall growing up all the black girls likeing this cac
jtt-gs-14.jpg

Yup, I had black female cousins who looked damn near like Hattie McDaniel who had their walls plastered with Nsync and Backstreet boy posters in the late 90s....and that was cool....but trust...they grow up wishing they could get what them white girls were gettin. ...Don't ever let them tell you any different.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Yup, I had black female cousins who looked damn near like Hattie McDaniel who had their walls plastered with Nsync and Backstreet boy posters in the late 90s....and that was cool....but trust...they grow up wishing they could get what them white girls were gettin. ...Don't ever let them tell you any different.

Black women kill me when they claim to love dark skin men. Even though all the dark skin men that they hype up all said the got made fun of for being dark as kids.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yeah, they pretty much only show appreciation to a dark skinned friend after he's spent enough time in the gym to look like a super slave. :heh:
Black women kill me when they claim to love dark skin men. Even though all the dark skin men that they hype up all said the got made fun of for being dark as kids.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But how to do determine darker skin individuals are the larger part of he race? Skin color especially I the context of what black men have uplifted in this manner is very subjective.

I'm not even trying to do an elongated back and forth because I see you view. That said one side of the equation in their quest to be respected rightfully tramples over their own sisters.

I guess you'd have to believe that the Black race world wide is equal parts light skinned and dark skinned. I've traveled far and wide and see no evidence of that, so we'll never agree there. I agree what is "light skinned" and what is "dark skinned" is very subjective these days though.

And much like I mentioned in my edit, there is a reason this argument centers around not harming the "inclusion" of lighter skinned Black women as authentically Black and not lighter skinned Black men. What I'm saying would find nary an argument if I was just talking about the likes Shemar Moore, Matt Kemp, and Ginuwine types.

btw, @PartyHeart here's something else i noticed. black women are hypocrites. you ask these black women (not any of this conscious forum chicks) to name some black women they'd put in a beauty contest against women, i guarantee the majority of them would pick the same biracial chicks black men would pick. y'all are not on this uber pro-black tip either. even in your own spaces, controlled by black women, y'all put biracial women on a pedestal.

Give examples? Where and in what spaces that we control do we put biracial women on pedestals?

So @PartyHeart, I'm brown but my mom and sister are high yellow, should I be disallowed to like lightskinned girls because it hurts your feelings?

Shockingly I go for dark skinned women but this fantasy world where every Black man has a red bone or lite brite on their arms is hilarious.

Doesn't hurt my feelings, I don't care who you or any other dude on here likes :manny: I just came into this thread pointing out hypocrisy.

Spoonz

Just Wild
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
West Virginia
Oh now i see what's really going on, you nikkas are just a bunch of bitter dark skinned dudes who were rejected by women. It wasn't that you were dark skinned breh, It was that you were ugly and lame.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
strawman :duck: there are black men who have a preference for light skinned women and put them on a pedestal, same goes for black women.

Conveniently leave out the majority of a post and then call it a straw man because you couldn't say anything to refute it, brehs. And while you're at it pretend that Black women have a preference for light skin in the same number or with the same fervor as Black men, as if the majority of the community would laugh at you if you said that in a real panel, brehs :ehh:

edit: the last chick who used this argument against me. i went 7 months w/o a haircut and grew my hair longer than hers :umad:

Congrats. Guess you really showed her how to be a true Black woman. Anyways, its nice out side :smile:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
:dead:

All the black girls in my class loved that kid. Then in HS all the black girls loved Tom Welling and Chad Michael Murray.
you think that's something...you should have seen the stampede that a lot of these young black women caused when Justin Beiber had a concert at the Apollo a few years back...he almost didn't make it out alive ...lol...it was like the running of the bulls.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...er-night-belive-album-lands-article-1.1097851

Vashti

In need of assistance.
Daps
Reppin
No and Hell No

yeah, they pretty much only show appreciation to a dark skinned friend after he's spent enough time in the gym to look like a super slave. :heh:

:stopitslime: Very idiotic points..

Obviously those dudes didn't "peak" until they got older. And this is coming from a dark-skinned girl that was told on several occasions by other black people, I'm cute to be black or dark..

• Dap
Reactions: flo