Are we partly responsible for black women's self-hate issues?

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
btw, @PartyHeart here's something else i noticed. black women are hypocrites. you ask these black women (not any of this conscious forum chicks) to name some 3 black women they'd put in a beauty contest against women, i guarantee the majority of them would pick the same biracial chicks black men would pick. y'all are not on this uber pro-black tip either. even in your own spaces, controlled by black women, y'all put biracial women on a pedestal.

Chick is fake she had this dude in her avi for months
what-would-ryan-lochte-do.jpg

AntiVenom

Bedwench & Armchair Militant Killer
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's the funny part, black women went from light skinned chasing, to thug chasing, to white boy chasing. these women will make every choice but the right choice. :heh:

Which is why we shouldnt concern ourselves with the "responsibility" of fixing them and their nonsense. You only hear them spouting that togetherness talk when its convenient.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
I guess no one understands the word "partly"

From my experience I have seen how some of us men reflect our insecurities on black women, sometimes low key and sometimes just out right blunt. From complexions of skin to texture of hair. Couple of cases I have seen us men shoot down chicks because their too dark, they have a afro, natural hair, too Afrocentric in favor of more Eurocentric style black women because thats what we think is beautiful due to living in a white society in which they control the standards of beauty. I have seen men from other races accept black women in their natural state more than black men and thats the truth regardless of how small that percentage is. The whole we are just the messenger of ignorance is getting played out and its about time we start loving our women and if we can't do get mad when come cac comes along and take them from us

We can play the blame game and say "but but but they do it too" and just keep going back and forward or we can just stop it on our own,

I hear dudes day theyre grown ass men, leaders etc, how about we put that to the test.

If youre not apart of the problem this doesnt concern you

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
that's the funny part, black women went from light skinned chasing, to thug chasing, to white boy chasing. these women will make every choice but the right choice. :heh:

lets be real, its a small ass percentage of black women that does that

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Which is why we shouldnt concern ourselves with the "responsibility" of fixing them and their nonsense. You only hear them spouting that togetherness talk when its convenient.
like i said, they dont even feel like our women, collectively :heh: but when its time to assign blame and responsibility , they sure as fukk now who to go to.

AntiVenom

Bedwench & Armchair Militant Killer
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We understand the word "partly" and we refuse to take on and responsibility for the self hate issues of weak minded people. If these women feel that they are less than others....thats squarely on their shoulders for giving into that idea and they dont get to "partly" blame anyone else other than themselves. fukk em.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
more :duck:

black women didn't just suddenly grow out of it. there was media promotion of black men that helped get BW off the light skinned kick.

How so? Historically it was never light skinned Black men that were shown as representatives of the male side of the Black race. That light skin craze corresponded with the influx of like 3 hot singers/bands that I know of, Al B Sure, De Barge, and....Prince? Maybe Christopher Williams? And it died out with them. I've long said that the light skin phase that Black women "went thru" that Black men talk about was a fad caused by uber popular musical acts for a short spurt, and that happens with a lot of things even now. It was not some wide scale preference on regular every day Black men. Black women's so-called preference for light skin Black men lasted as long as our 'preference' for cornrows and timberlands. So you'll have to give a better excuse than that for not giving credit to Black women.

i don't really know what to tell ya as far as black men creating a safer space for dark skinned BW. attractive dark skinned chicks have an endless supply of friends waiting to simp. it only seems like a concern when you're plugged into the digital jewbox, where every black man is with a mixed chick. as for the hair issue, women have to take charge of that. because despite all this rhetoric, you and i both know women arent going to take guys opinion on hair seriously. y'all been doing that f hair shyt from grandmother to mother to daughter, house could consist of no males at all.

I don't really get the reason to pretend there isn't a huge population of Black men who don't put "yella bones" on a pedestal. You can say with a straight face that you know for a fact that Black women prefer thugs but you can seriously sit here and say you've never noticed any preference for lighter skin women among Black men? :dahell: This is why outside of the bitter sphere of Tommy Sotomayor followers, I can't imagine that anyone takes y'all seriously. Y'all deny the most easily identifiable facts.

And women don't take y'all seriously on hair because you shave all yours off and then try to become an authority about how to take care of Black hair. There, now you know :manny:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
It's ridiculous to even suggest a thing.

If anything black men are the ONLY ones who instill "black pride" in the appearance of black women...YEAH I said it again.

Black Men are the ones who put BIG BOOTIES on stage and made them admirable.

Black men are the ones who admire full lips on black women...black men are the ones who celebrate "thickness" on a woman...black men "celebrate" just about everything on a black woman that goes against Eurocentric beauty styles.

You have ALOT of "fat" [black] women walking around thinking that they look good because of black men.

However, the nature of today's black woman is to instinctively not to give credit to "black men" for anything pertaining to her self worth.

In reality...It's white men who make black women feel that they have to measure up to their idea of beauty their THEIR media, not ours.

But black women won't call them out because deep down inside they want their approval and they want to be put on the very same pedistal as the white woman is.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't really get the reason to pretend there isn't a huge population of Black men who don't put "yella bones" on a pedestal. You can say with a straight face that you know for a fact that Black women prefer thugs but you can seriously sit here and say you've never noticed any preference for lighter skin women among Black men? :dahell: This is why outside of the bitter sphere of Tommy Sotomayor followers, I can't imagine that anyone takes y'all seriously. Y'all deny the most easily identifiable facts.

And women don't take y'all seriously on hair because you shave all yours off and then try to

strawman :duck: there are black men who have a preference for light skinned women and put them on a pedestal, same goes for black women.

become an authority about how to take care of Black hair. There, now you know :manny:

edit: the last chick who used this argument against me. i went 7 months w/o a haircut and grew my hair longer than hers :umad:

Last edited:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
How so? Historically it was never light skinned Black men that were shown as representatives of the male side of the Black race. That light skin craze corresponded with the influx of like 3 hot singers/bands that I know of, Al B Sure, De Barge, and....Prince? Maybe Christopher Williams? And it died out with them. I've long said that the light skin phase that Black women "went thru" that Black men talk about was a fad caused by uber popular musical acts for a short spurt, and that happens with a lot of things even now. It was not some wide scale preference on regular every day Black men. Black women's so-called preference for light skin Black men lasted as long as our 'preference' for cornrows and timberlands. So you'll have to give a better excuse than that.

And women don't take y'all seriously on hair because you shave all yours off and then try to become an authority about how to take care of Black hair. There, now you know :manny:

Are you serious comparing haircuts to weave lol.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I can recall growing up all the black girls likeing this cac
jtt-gs-14.jpg

he was on tv around the same time as the Steve Urkel show.

a show with a nerd that couldn't get the girl, but was able to get the girl once he used his non-nerd alter ego.

media has been used to continually destroy our perception of the world and the people around us and we call the shyt entertainment.

urkel%20urquelle_0.jpg