Are we partly responsible for black women's self-hate issues?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
tumblr_lvtbfhUnL11qlxyddo1_400.gif

Just got back from the shop a few hours ago, got a relaxer too! I don't give a fukkITY fukk about white peoples standards of me & hell no me perming my hair isn't self hate it's my sense of fashion. Deal with it. The relaxer was invented by a black woman, self hate? Nah just making use of a product that was made for us. I'm proud of my hair, relaxers & weave!!!
boom-o.gif

WUCsppE.gif

Gravity

Banned
Daps
No they haven't. As usual, and at best, one or two have said "yeah Black men may play a teenie itty bitty part but really its Black women's fault they show any self hate because they have their own agency (they know about agency now :pachaha:) and they with white men control all the media and produce all the shows!! plus they're the ones raising these kids alone by themselves without Black men and Black men leave b/c of them too so not our fault :yeshrug:"
It's ok, maybe one day you'll be smart enough to actually refute arguments you disagree with instead of creating your own strawman arguments to sarcastically respond to.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what: youre trollin right?

nikka are you? :dahell:

this is 16 pages of THE most pointless argument

suppose these hoes get their wish and a appointed representative of both black and white men stepped up and "took responsibility" and apologize.

What happens now?:pachaha: Yall gonna throw your weaves out? Will the darkskin jokes stop? Nope. Only way anything happens is if people take responsibility for themselves. women blaming other people (namely men) for their shortcomings is lame as fukk but its something I've come to expect at this point.

imma let yall cook

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
okay, well, instead of the sarcasm; explain how black men are responsible for the self esteem of black women. i also want to know if that goes both ways, are black women responsible for the self esteem of black males?

There was nothing sarcastic about that post. That post was pretty much your position in a nutshell. I guess reading it makes you realize how ridiculous you sound most of the time so you thought it was sarcasm :yeshrug:

How Black men are responsible for the self esteem of Black women? They are in the same way any man/woman is toward the men/women of their race. It is not wholly on them, but they play a big part. Black men putting lighter skin and non-Black women and their features on a pedestal over what can be considered "traditionally Black" features (kinkier hair, fuller lips and nose) is damaging to Black women's self esteem collectively.

And yes Black women are responsible for Black men's self esteem to an extent. However, Black women have done a much better job, perhaps too good of a job, of actually adding to Black men's self esteem. Black women show a strong preference for darker skin in Black males. Even if you say they don't, they certainly don't prefer lighter skin in the way much evidence points to Black men placing a higher value on it in Black women. I know you will bring up the 80s where some Black women were showing preferences to the Al B Sure types, but Black women grew out of that phase. We long ago made it a safer space for dark skin Black men to have confidence and feel just as attractive if not more so than lighter skinned, "wavy-er" Black men. Can you say Black men have done the same for Black women?

Last edited:

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's ok, maybe one day you'll be smart enough to actually refute arguments you disagree with instead of creating your own strawman arguments to sarcastically respond to.

So you're saying you don't agree with and have never said these two things: 1) Black men become thugs and lowlives because thats what Black women want and 2) women are natural followers to men

:patrice:

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps

suppose these hoes get their wish and a appointed representative of both black and white men stepped up and "took responsibility" and apologize.

What happens now?:pachaha: Yall gonna throw your weaves out? Will the darkskin jokes stop? Nope. Only way anything happens is if people take responsibility for themselves. women blaming other people (namely men) for their shortcomings is lame as fukk but its something I've come to expect at this point.

imma let yall cook[/quote]

lol i was :pachaha:

Just like bruddas

Supporter
Daps
yeah, it's not that good. is hiphop really built around the destruction of the black women? because i don't hear any rappers threatening to kill black women, but damn near every rap song has at least one lyric about killing another black man. now if she wanted to say rap has a culture of degrading women, i can get on board with that.

cant see the forest from the trees...

Just like bruddas

Supporter
Daps
nikka are you? :dahell:

imma let yall cook
:heh: i was actually