Are we partly responsible for black women's self-hate issues?

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
Nobody has said this, it's a strawman argument. shyt is weak, you should try and do better. What people have actually said is that black women do hold some control in the media(more than black men) and are directly responsible for perpetuating a lot of the stereotypes that create their negative self images. If you take a look the media outlets mostly responsible for capatalizing off of te exploitation of black women you'll find that black women are in positions of power behind the scenes. When you look at shows like bball wives, love & hiphop, housewives, ect. It's black women who produce those shows. It's black women who watch those shows and keep them on the air. That's the point that folk like myself are making.

Black men have a right to be defensive when they have been used as an all purpose scapegoat for the problems of black women for decades. Black women have been used against their own community by the government and powers that be. "Black feminism" was brought about to dissipate the energy and divide the community. People need to wake up.

Who owns the networks though?

AntiVenom

Bedwench & Armchair Militant Killer
Daps
Reppin
NULL
[quote="Busted_Toes, post: 7025523, member: 13777"]Dark skin men get clowned growing up, If you African and come to an American school you get clowned. Black Men just ignore it but some c00ns give in(vybez cartel), Black Women internalize it. Black men don't change our appearance to appease whoever is insulting us. I don't know why Black men are getting the blame when it is clearly White supremacy.[/quote]

Black men are getting the blame because were the easier target. These women cant blame us for the fact that they started accepting the anti black propaganda as true. Thats entirely on them and their own weakness. My advice to them would be to get some self esteem and learn to think for yourselves.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So we're not going to talk about the irony in the fact that pretty much each and every one of the male posters in here who swear that Black men have no responsibility over Black women's self image are the same ones who

1) say Black men become thugs and lowlives because thats what Black women want and 2) say that women are natural followers to men

:bryan:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So we're not going to talk about the irony in the fact that pretty much each and every one of the male posters in here who swear that Black men have no responsibility over Black women's self image are the same ones who
damn, y'all start off sentences will blatant lies. it appears the overall majority have agreed black men play at least a partial role in the self esteem of black women.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
damn, y'all start off sentences will blatant lies. it appears to the overall majority have agreed black men play at least a partial role in the self esteem of black women.

No they haven't. As usual, and at best, one or two have said "yeah Black men may play a teenie itty bitty part but really its Black women's fault they show any self hate because they have their own agency (they know about agency now :pachaha:) and they with white men control all the media and produce all the shows!! plus they're the ones raising these kids alone by themselves without Black men and Black men leave b/c of them too so not our fault :yeshrug:"

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Real Brothas have stopped getting perms and jheri curls years ago.
We, for the most part, woke up from that segment of self hatred.

Sistas, on the other hand......................
tumblr_lvtbfhUnL11qlxyddo1_400.gif

Just got back from the shop a few hours ago, got a relaxer too! I don't give a fukkITY fukk about white peoples standards of me & hell no me perming my hair isn't self hate it's my sense of fashion. Deal with it. The relaxer was invented by a black woman, self hate? Nah just making use of a product that was made for us. I'm proud of my hair, relaxers & weave!!!
boom-o.gif

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No they haven't. As usual, and at best, one or two have said "yeah Black men may play a teenie itty bitty part but really its Black women's fault they show any self hate because they have their own agency (they know about agency now :pachaha:) and they with white men control all the media and produce all the shows!! plus they're the ones raising these kids alone by themselves without Black men and Black men leave b/c of them too so not our fault :yeshrug:"

okay, well, instead of the sarcasm; explain how black men are responsible for the self esteem of black women. i also want to know if that goes both ways, are black women responsible for the self esteem of black males?