Are we partly responsible for black women's self-hate issues?

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee

Someone addressed that first quote almost as quick as dude posted it.

As for the second it's kind of ironic considering I believe Marcuz said Black women get treated like babies, yet Black men are apparently powerless to do anything ourselves. I'm done though.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ew7l.png
Black mothers, aunts, cousins and grandmothers do not want the harsh truth.
:dead: that smiley

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Black women control the media? Really?

I apologize for the wait I type slow.
Nobody has said this, it's a strawman argument. shyt is weak, you should try and do better. What people have actually said is that black women do hold some control in the media(more than black men) and are directly responsible for perpetuating a lot of the stereotypes that create their negative self images. If you take a look the media outlets mostly responsible for capatalizing off of te exploitation of black women you'll find that black women are in positions of power behind the scenes. When you look at shows like bball wives, love & hiphop, housewives, ect. It's black women who produce those shows. It's black women who watch those shows and keep them on the air. That's the point that folk like myself are making.

Black men have a right to be defensive when they have been used as an all purpose scapegoat for the problems of black women for decades. Black women have been used against their own community by the government and powers that be. "Black feminism" was brought about to dissipate the energy and divide the community. People need to wake up.

sakano

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yes & this is a very great thread...the best of these type of discussions

if we are the 'man' in our relationships with black women... if we are doing our job right, then we must say we are being a benefit to our women mentally and physically in our relationship with them.
looking at one's self & using introspection on how to improve is never a bad thing. I applaud this discussion.

Introspection, alas, is sorely lacking in our communities.

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
:usure: Black women have a lot of control in the media quiet as kept. There are black women in positions of power at a lot of these media outlets. When you see the countless number of reality shows that do nothing but reinforce an perpetuate negative stereotypes about black women you have to understand that there are black women behind the scenes producing these shows. Not to mention black women are the ones who watch the shows and make them popular. Same thing with music, there are a lot of black women in positions of power within urban radio who decide what does or doesn't get played. I'm just tired of blame game. Black men are not the all purpose scapegoat for black women. Black women need to start taking some personal responsibility.

I knew someone said this garbage and of course it was you.

AntiVenom

Bedwench & Armchair Militant Killer
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No. Black men gave into white supremacy a long time ago and started loving everything white or light. They did very little to make bw feel good about themselves. nikkas think their the "conscious" ones but really they're just as bad.

No one is obligated to make YOU feel good about yourself so dont saddle black men with that. The fact that you look outside of yourself for validation is the source of any self loathing you feel. It all falls back onto the self hater's weakness.

And to answer the thread...NO. If the person in question decides to give into the idea that they are less than others...then thats solely on them.