Are we partly responsible for black women's self-hate issues?

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
I've learned about some perspectives I wouldn't have considered previously. If some of the posters on this site contributed something to these discussions more sophisticated than basically saying "Black womins sux" these discussions wouldn't seem as pointless.

But why do you care anyway? Shouldn't you be making yourself self look like a hypocrite and then playing it off as "trolling" somewhere?:ld:

you're still mad about @biscuitsnbangers huh :laff:

she's never acknowledged you in any capacity :dead: and if she idolizes Asap Rocky and calls him a nikka, just imagine what she would call some mysterious unknown simp c00n on the internet

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
Majority of Black men say Michelle Obama is attractive so you're statement isn't even correct. The First Lady is clearly more admixed than say Angela Bassett, whom is objectively more attractive, so I'm not seeing your point?

I'm aware that most Black dudes find Mrs. Obama attractive. I'm saying the people who think she is ugly think so because she's on the darker side and have typical Black facial features. That is my point.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
@Hiphoplives4eva

has been sonned so many times in regards to black feminism. He doesn't even know what it means. Go listen to Tariq Nasheed :camby:

Shut the fukk up fakkit. Please post the link where i was "sonned so many times". fukkers like you need to stay of out grown folk business if its your mo to do nothing but spread lies. I'm not sure why i'm even wasting time rebutting your bullshyt. Judging by your rep, you're nothing more than an idiot troll anyways.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Exactly. The standard of beauty is a patchwork of all the most desired features of each ethnic group. It's why girls want small noses but full lips, fat asses but skinny thighs. The "european standard of beauty" rhetoric is just an excuse Black women can use while they go out to find thugs and rich nikkas to fukk with.

Black women in Black communities with weave and colored contacts are justifying their behaviors with "european standard of beauty" rhetoric?

:lupe:

I've never witnessed this, in fact when I try to use that very rhetoric, I'm told things like "I dyed my hair blonde because I think it's cute" "I permed my daughters hair because it's too hard to manage when it's nappy" "I sew hair into my head because it's low maintainence"

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
Shut the fukk up fakkit. Please post the link where i was "sonned so many times". fukkers like you need to stay of out grown folk business if its your mo to do nothing but spread lies. I'm not sure why i'm even wasting time rebutting your bullshyt. Judging by your rep, you're nothing more than an idiot troll anyways.

Judging by my dap ratio I'm better than you :umad:..And breh higher learning is filled with you getting clowned in regards to feminism. You have zero critiques of it outside of how it magically "emasculates" you as a male. :camby: Go get your shine box

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Exactly. The standard of beauty is a patchwork of all the most desired features of each ethnic group. It's why girls want small noses but full lips, fat asses but skinny thighs. The "european standard of beauty" rhetoric is just an excuse Black women can use while they go out to find thugs and rich nikkas to fukk with.
Yea I dont remember whos post I was reading, but it was an argument about white features on an african, and someone said something like but russians, italians and portguese don't look the same, then it dawned on me.....there are no actual set european features, them nikkas are quite diverse just like africans. Croatians look nothing like Brits, Irish look nothing like Greeks, wtf. What the hell does standard european features mean? they have different eyes, noses, facial structures, hair, slavics look nothing like nordics, and slavics themselves are diverse, europeans are diverse just like africans. :ohhh:

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
you're still mad about @biscuitsnbangers huh :laff:

she's never acknowledged you in any capacity :dead: and if she idolizes Asap Rocky and calls him a nikka, just imagine what she would call some mysterious unknown simp c00n on the internet

Yeah I'm not going to derail this thread even more to feed your attention whoring. Who goes into a thread just to tell everyone how cool they are for not caring about it? :mjlol:

For a supposed dope boy you sure do like to troll message boards a lot. What part of the game is that?:mjpls:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I'm aware that most Black dudes find Mrs. Obama attractive. I'm saying the people who think she is ugly think so because she's on the darker side and have typical Black facial features. That is my point.

Michelle Obama is on the darker side? Be aware that this is a woman who paraded around to news publications that she has Cac ancestry only a few generations back. I guess to feel closer to half blooded Obama :russ:

Black women in Black communities with weave and colored contacts are justifying their behaviors with "european standard of beauty" rhetoric?

:lupe:

I've never witnessed this, in fact when I try to use that very rhetoric, I'm told things like "I dyed my hair blonde because I think it's cute" "I permed my daughters hair because it's too hard to manage when it's nappy" "I sew hair into my head because it's low maintainence"

Saying it's "cute" is saying that it is inherently the standard and desired

Saying "it's low maintenance" is saying it's better and a more desired hair type

So yes that is justifying it using European standard of beauty rhetoric

DaddyTime

All Star
Daps
This is a divisive question. The question should be "what role do black women play in sustaining and maintaining their own self hatred issues?" Black women are much more responsible for perpetuating self hatred amongst themselves. Just look at media.
I agree...
You can either buy into the self hatred you're sold or not. Each person is responsible for their own views, you don't have to listen to group think, etc

swimmingpools

strawberry bubblegum
Daps
You ever know a girl that put a guy in the friendzone and when another woman showed interest in him she then became attracted to him. That is what happen when it came to dark skin men.
Lol yes I have actually, but I dont see that as whats going on with darkskinned black men. I dont care about shade, I date all colors of black. I dont give a damn who white women are showing an interest in; they dont influence me as "shocking" as that may sound.

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
Yeah I'm not going to derail this thread even more to feed your attention whoring. Who goes into a thread just to tell everyone how cool they are for not caring about it? :mjlol:

For a supposed dope boy you sure do like to troll message boards a lot. What part of the game is that?:mjpls:

i aint know selling drugs and posting on the coli were mutually exclusive...let me guess, i'm supposed to be illiterate and not know how to use a computer either

keep subscribing to cac conventions and you'll always be stuck blaming white folks for everything

also, the purpose of my original post was to get yall to realize how futile and pointless this shyt is, not how much cooler i obviously am for not regurgitating the same garbage in the same race bait threads everyday

but a hit dog always hollers :banderas:

let me know if you ever get that green rep, dap, pity quote or even a smiley face from biscuits tho

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
Michelle Obama is on the darker side? Be aware that this is a woman who paraded around to news publications that she has Cac ancestry only a few generations back. I guess to feel closer to half blooded Obama :russ:

So what are you implying? That she's light skinned? That she looks White? She looks fully Black and that's why some of y'all dudes take offence to her being considered attractive. If she was some racially ambiguous instagram chick with a disproportionate fake booty y'all would be thirstin'.