Are scientist trying to be too smart?

Gonzo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
USA
So I was watching a few programs yesterday about space. They were mostly focused on planets. During the programs they were discussing the planets components all they way down to the core. As you probably know that they send satellites out into space to get their info. None of these satellites have the capabilities to survive the harsh conditions of the planets. They stated that. So basically they know nothing hardly. They have also stated how big the sun is. But how could they know that? Nothing could get close enough to the sun to accurately measure it's size and how ridiculously big it is. How about all the galaxies? Whose to say there is a lot or a few. Surely no telescope could ever measure that.

That led me to think of how much scientist actually know.

This same question came into my head while being in a thread discussing pain. How can u accurately measure pain? Of course you can say a bullet shot would hurt worse than a stomach ache but when it comes to extreme pain such as natural childbirth or cluster headaches. How can we truly determine the pain felt unless we have experienced both?

what are some of the things that scientist claim they know about but you actually think they don't? I say space. Everything is mostly theories even though they act like a lot are facts.

Gotta bump this dumb ass thread :mjlol:

Loop Ba$eCrawler

All Star
Daps
Science is basically the art of bullshytting your way into people giving you money to prove what you just said.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Science is basically the art of bullshytting your way into people giving you money to prove what you just said.
Do not compare your infantile intellect and world view to that of men and women who are seeking to make the world a better place through the proliferation of knowledge.

Individuals of your mindset are cancerous.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
As a matter of fact the majority of posters in this thread didn't even have the comprehension skills to understand what I'm talking about.
It is not us, us who are scientifically literate at different levels, who lack comprehension skills. It is you.
Your inability to comprehend the fact that the size of the sun can be measured based statistical data gathered from repeated observation determines that your comprehension skills are lacking.

Scientists do not claim to know everything. The most fundamental principle of being a scientist is to find out the unknown. The more you know, the more you know that you don't know. Meanwhile, folks like you are too fukking stupid to figure things out apply your dimwitted logic to the rest of mankind. "shiid, if i dunno how to figure this out, who can??"

When pages and pages of posters prove you wrong and post facts proving you wrong, and you say we lack the comprehension skills to understand what you're talking about, that's 1. a cheap cop out and 2. solidifying your stupidity.

Loop Ba$eCrawler

All Star
Daps
No it isn't. :gucci: 1+1=2 bullshyt now
You're seeing under what I'm saying. I appreciate science and the people involved with it. Just saying that there's a lot of bad scientists out there reaching for funding just to prove something that's unproveable.

Get back to the science that benefits people here right now... like infinite energy sources.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
You're seeing under what I'm saying. I appreciate science and the people involved with it. Just saying that there's a lot of bad scientists out there reaching for funding just to prove something that's unproveable.

Get back to the science that benefits people here right now... like infinite energy sources.
There is a stark difference between your previous post and this one :2facedacosby:
Your wording makes all the difference here.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
May as well get rid of your phone if you don't like science or stop using heat.
:cubewtfmayne: you mean to tell me that the very devices and platforms people use to refute mathematics, physics, biology, chemistry, and other branches of science are products of those very fields? Astounding I say, astounding. I however shall continue to deny the products of research and innovation given forth by scientists
:yeenknowmayne:

A day in the life of an illiterate know-it-all :balladshaq:
The American government needs to pour funding into legitimate education of its people otherwise you guys are gonna sink much much lower on the global IQ polls.