Are regional accents dying out in the US?

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
My cousins who left NYC at a young age and moved to Philly sound like straight Philadelphians.

shyt they even got the southern twang in their voice also lol.

Their older brother didn’t get it as much because he was at least in JHS before he went there with his fam.

When I went to Philly for the first time, I immediately noticed that the black people had Southern sounding accents.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Kind of crazy cause there are some
People in Maryland who still think their southern. Washington DC also.
Had this chick in my engineering classes who was from Maryland. I used to pick on her ass all the time about her accent. Talmbout “tew” and “murland”.

Used to tell her all the time they sounded like they came straight from the mid south.

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
I've literally never heard anyone pronounce New York "New Yawk", by the way. Not even rappers in the 80s or 90s said it like that as far as I know.

If that was ever a thing, it was probably cacs from a million years ago
shyt, you'll find tons of old black people in the south that pronounce it like that.

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
It’s funny you say this, because I lived in MS for a little while and they used to tell me pretty much the same shyt. I came across quite a few who to this day don’t feel NC or VA is culturally southern. Of course I disagree, but we always get a laugh out of the conversation.

The tables flipped or turned in the late 90’s / early 2000’s. It was ok to be country and/or southern. I can still remember Pimp C rapping about how he made it cool to talk country.
Yeah it’s funny considering historically most folks from MS got roots that go back to VA, NC, SC, etc.
:lolbron:

That was the best thing the South did was be unapologetic about it, folks had to respect it, now look who got the juice and got folks imitating.
:wow:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Yeah so I don't know how that works. Maybe because they're rappers, they've spent a lot of time out of Philly
The period of migration of their families to Philadelphia matters

Meek family roots is deep in Philly
Kodak Black sounds like a runaway slave circa 1700s to me

That's why I can't get into his music
You shouldn’t say things like that breh

Kodak sounds like he from Broward

Benefited

Banned
Daps
nikkas have been assimilated and europeanized,and are just online to the point they don't interact with people from there own home so they sound like pieces of everybody.