Are millennial parents really raising bad ass kids out here?

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't think we should just dismiss this as typical "the next generation is bla bla bla"

These are different times. Technology, social media and screens everywhere. Extremely divided politically, ethically, morally. Cost of living skyrocketed, social programs and education budgets being cut left right and center

Young girls are being exposed to sexuality in a much more overt and explicit way than ever. That coincides with some liberation and sexual education for adults which is good, but kids aren't getting that nuance.

There is a general reason to be concerned

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
Every generation whines about "kids these days" eventually. The kids of today are no worse than the kids of 15, 25, 50 years ago. The girl in the video is only 22 years old and older folks were/are saying the same shyt about her generation. I'm a few years older and I can remember more than a few bad ass little kids in my kindergarten and 1st grade class, hell even pre-K. Folks need to stop lying and acting like their era was perfect.

As far as the post goes, the issues in the video aren't "gentle parenting" to begin with. Not instilling values such as respect for adults among your children is simply neglect, and disrespectful kids have always existed. Those aren't "gentle" parents, just shytty ones.

And the term "gentle parenting" is stupid in of itself. Not beating the shyt out of your kids doesn't make you gentle any more than not hitting and abusing women makes a man a "nice guy".

This is a common talking point which I've personally dubbed the "everything is the way it always was fallacy". The world is in a constant state of flux, to just hand wave it away with "it's always been like this" when we know how drastically life has changed even since just the 90's is intellectually lazy.

Studious one

Change names, like change clothes; stay a fly girl
Daps
Every generation whines about "kids these days" eventually. The kids of today are no worse than the kids of 15, 25, 50 years ago. The girl in the video is only 22 years old and older folks were/are saying the same shyt about her generation. I'm a few years older and I can remember more than a few bad ass little kids in my kindergarten and 1st grade class, hell even pre-K. Folks need to stop lying and acting like their era was perfect.

As far as the post goes, the issues in the video aren't "gentle parenting" to begin with. Not instilling values such as respect for adults among your children is simply neglect, and disrespectful kids have always existed. Those aren't "gentle" parents, just shytty ones.

And the term "gentle parenting" is stupid in of itself. Not beating the shyt out of your kids doesn't make you gentle any more than not hitting and abusing women makes a man a "nice guy".
I agree with half of your point. I’ve seen parents begging their kids to do shyt, kids as young as four and five telling their parents what to do abd talking shyt to them. My generation (I’m 43) wasn’t doing thar shyt. This is happening A LOT now. This is also part of the reason why I left teaching, as well as others. There have always been disrespectful kids, but it was not the norm

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Is this where we pretend that some of our friends growing up weren’t bad as shyt?

I’m 40, and I grew up with kids who are no different than what’s out here right now, the only difference is we grew up in a time where every human older than 12 didnt have a camera on them.

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
iPad babies not speaking until they are 5.
Lack of tough discipline.
Parents wanting to be friends with their kids.
Feminizing of young boys.
School curriculum being made much easier.

These are just some of the contributing factors that are going to make the next generation of adults losers and failures.

My 3 year old nephew can turn on his tablet and launch apps, but still can't say a word other than "Ba ba ba". His parents don't want to upset him by pushing him to speak.

:snoop:
:damn:if this ain't the muthafukkn TRUF!!!!

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
I agree with half of your point. I’ve seen parents begging their kids to do shyt, kids as young as four and five telling their parents what to do abd talking shyt to them. My generation (I’m 43) wasn’t doing thar shyt. This is happening A LOT now. This is also part of the reason why I left teaching, as well as others. They have always been disrespectful kids, but it was not the norm

What area/kinda demographic were you working in?

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Parenting has gotten worse, it’s not the kids fault that they are not being raised properly. Parents out here having kids to make them feel better and raising them to be their friends.

They removing the dad from the equation because they don’t get along. Both parents need to be in these kids life
Y'all in here spitting these muthafukkn facts:banderas:

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth

That's the issue -> "Gentle parenting"

When a kid is misbehaving, the only practical action is discipline. Ass whooping's with the belt.

That's why a lot of these Gen Z kids are committing atrocity

These millennial parents are too soft. Parents need to be learn how to be assertive when their children.