Are millennial parents really raising bad ass kids out here?

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
"The new children are bad" is a common refrain from older people to the point I genuinely tune it out. That being said I think the troubling thing about young children today is the lack of communication and social skills that are regularly reported. Whether people want to blame tablets or quarantine, a lot of small children (and teens) really struggle to express themselves and process things. The other thing that ties a lot of this together is the various studies and school reports showing that large percentages of students are failing basic shyt like reading and writing. Not even talking about math, which is bad too obviously. We've got a couple generations stacked up that don't read...at all. A pretty stark difference from when I was a kid and Harry Potter or Goosebumps or Hunger Games etc were regularly being read.

Over 50% of American adults lack proficiency in reading, so it ain't like the grown folks are doing much better on that front. And 60 Minutes did a segment on his kids dealing with the pandemic. One of the things they highlighted was the lack of socialization and how it affected their transition back to school.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
In bold. Respectfully disagree. They do have a lot of advantages due to technology. However, phones and social media have created a generation of introverts who are highly distracted. It has bled into older generations too.

I was more talking along the lines of behavioral issues and respect. But you're right too. When I deal with younger patients, they have a hard time expressing themselves, finding the right words for things. The convos are a little more awkward. It's like that with patients my age or older too, but I notice it especially with the ones under 25 or so.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
iPad babies not speaking until they are 5.
Lack of tough discipline.
Parents wanting to be friends with their kids.
Feminizing of young boys.
School curriculum being made much easier.

These are just some of the contributing factors that are going to make the next generation of adults losers and failures.

My 3 year old nephew can turn on his tablet and launch apps, but still can't say a word other than "Ba ba ba". His parents don't want to upset him by pushing him to speak.

:snoop:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Parenting has gotten worse, it’s not the kids fault that they are not being raised properly. Parents out here having kids to make them feel better and raising them to be their friends.

They removing the dad from the equation because they don’t get along. Both parents need to be in these kids life

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
Yea being a teacher is trash. If there is no discipline at home your hands are tied as a teacher. You can’t threaten to call mom no more cause mom ain’t gonna do shyt, and if you look at a kid the wrong way you getting disciplined as an instructor. You can’t win, my girl hates teaching.

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
This is the result of millennial women not getting discipline from men. That does not mean beatings but it does meaning giving direction.
Yep this bad parenting started with later baby boomer and gen x black men not being good fathers :hubie: It’s so bad that we had to explain to my cousin that the dad can make decisions when it comes to discipline too most of millennial and older gen z black women think only the woman can make decisions when it comes to the kid but I that’s how they was raise they didn’t have a father figure that discipline them growing up

Last edited:

Pirius Black

Superstar
Daps
Facts.

I have never seen a worse generation of parents.
Even worse than the Boomers and Gen Xers who let the government kick them out of the homes for welfare? (as they tell it).
Oh and:
We didn't abandon our kids because we wanted free handouts from the Feds or we wanted to chase street fantasies or continue a delayed adolescence. I'm a teacher now at an alternative high school so you older nikkas need to cut the cap. Gen X parents who never attend IEP meetings, parents who send their kids to school wearing Yeezys and Balenciaga but the kids read at a 3rd grade level in high school. Look in the mirror before y'all point the finger because the educational outcomes for Gen X and Boomer raised kids are at an all time low. We got a majority of Black kids who are barely proficient at reading but you worried about kids in a ballet class saying no.

Last edited: