Are Haircuts Getting Too Expensive?

Daps
When I read threads like these I swear there are A LOT less black people on here than claim to be.

The barbershop has ALWAYS been more than just a haircut, there's also social interaction, which judging by some of these threads A LOT of you are missing.

I couldn't imagine being mad at paying for a service when I know it'll benefit the community (no matter where the money goes once it leaves my pocket), you want to be outraged at something, try these ridiculous ass taxes, not the man trying to make a living.

Keep on doing your bathroom haircuts, but I'm going to let you in on a secret. Everyone can tell you didn't get that "haircut" at a shop.

Stay forever dusty thecoli.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
:stopitslime:
Why is every statement on this board always wilfully misinterpreted? My point is that you have to walk a fine line between raising prices as costs of living rises while being careful to not charge more than the market will bear, especially when wages remain stagnant as they have for the past few decades in America. If you charge too much, it creates an opportunity for businesses that will undercut you. It's actually already happening at the low end. There are Chinese (!!!) and Latinos cutting black hair at rock bottom prices while some black barbers are charging $45 + tip for a cut. All the group economics and race loyalty in the world is not going to stop people who don't have the money from going for the cheaper option if it is OVERWHELMINGLY cheaper.

Then take yo sorry ass to those Chinese and Latinos places then.:gucci:

This why is I give up on the black community because nikkas always complaining about something so meager. We can't afford to cheap out on each. Hell we can't afford to compete with $10 Chinese cuts. The hell y'all want barbers to do where $60 a month is too much?:dahell:

My old barber that charged $13 went to jail for selling cocaine. Brehs out here trying to do something positive but "Oh no that's too much:damn:

Don't you want them to have money for their families or to at least go to school?:mindblown:

$50 is crazy but y'all complaining about $30 cuts:mindblown:

Last edited:

Eclipser

All Star
Daps
Then take yo sorry ass to those Chinese and Latinos places then.:gucci:

This why is I give up on the black community because nikkas always complaining about something so meager. We can't afford to cheap out on each. Hell we can't afford to compete with $10 Chinese cuts. The hell y'all want barbers to do where $60 a month is too much?:dahell:
Jesus Christ the lack of reading comprehension on this site is atrocious!
:picard::picard::picard:
God damn I give up. This shyt is a waste of time.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
When I read threads like these I swear there are A LOT less black people on here than claim to be.

The barbershop has ALWAYS been more than just a haircut, there's also social interaction, which judging by some of these threads A LOT of you are missing.

I couldn't imagine being mad at paying for a service when I know it'll benefit the community (no matter where the money goes once it leaves my pocket), you want to be outraged at something, try these ridiculous ass taxes, not the man trying to make a living.

Keep on doing your bathroom haircuts, but I'm going to let you in on a secret. Everyone can tell you didn't get that "haircut" at a shop.

You're Right. I didn't mean to offend. I'm sorry.
hqdefault.jpg

NOW, I'M GONNA GO HOME AND GET MY BARBER CAPE !

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You get clout for getting a cut at a shop now?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Jesus Christ the lack of reading comprehension on this site is atrocious!
:picard::picard::picard:
God damn I give up. This shyt is a waste of time.

I know exactly what you talking about, but blacks are the last people on the planet to be dusty. We spend money to look good, shyt we the biggest consumers

At this point he might be better off selling haircuts to white people then:mjlol:

Daps
I'm not the one you should be apologizing to. You should be apologizing to everyone around you, that includes your girl and friends. Apologize to your family for bringing shame to their name. And apologize to your ancestors for sporting a hairline that's reminiscent of the movie Signs.

You're Right. I didn't mean to offend. I'm sorry.

Clout? What the fukk are you talking about? I said social interaction, not pulling out a camera and going live.

You get clout for getting a cut at a shop now?