Are Haircuts Getting Too Expensive?

Crude

Superstar
Daps
I bought all 3 below and cut my own shyt. Not as sharp as going to a barber but after a year of practicing I no longer have those Wayne Brady, RG 3 sloped hairlines I had when starting out.

1_WORLDWIDE@2x.jpg

513Cv40ziLL._SY355_.jpg
71j7d1GMhwL._SL1500_.jpg
Im going to go this route. I messed myself up one time and never did it again, but I'm going go start trying my hand back at it.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Barber shops are straight robbery and they got the nerve to be closed nights and weekends. I can't put up with that anymore in 2020
:scust:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Imagine waiting in a shop for 2 hours on a Saturday and then paying $50 for a cut that takes 20 minutes :mjlol:
First they tried to finesse customers by requiring appointments and INCREASING the cost cause it was an appointment, like nikkas ain't been waiting in barber shops for 100 years prior
Now barbers just like fukk it, charging $30+, being late on appointments, taking lunch breaks, texting, some shops hours be inconsistent with barbers cancelling appointments you paid to make :dead:
I'm cool on all that.

Eclipser

All Star
Daps
So you want them to charge the same prices in 2000? So how long until they go up in price? 2030?
:stopitslime:
Why is every statement on this board always wilfully misinterpreted? My point is that you have to walk a fine line between raising prices as costs of living rises while being careful to not charge more than the market will bear, especially when wages remain stagnant as they have for the past few decades in America. If you charge too much, it creates an opportunity for businesses that will undercut you. It's actually already happening at the low end. There are Chinese (!!!) and Latinos cutting black hair at rock bottom prices while some black barbers are charging $45 + tip for a cut. All the group economics and race loyalty in the world is not going to stop people who don't have the money from going for the cheaper option if it is OVERWHELMINGLY cheaper.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you're one of those cats that want the "beauty shop" experience of face masks, face steams, chalk drawings, etc, then go ahead and spend $50. I'll stay with the dude with a shop full of people talking shyt with their sons and nephews in tow cause they ain't been priced out of the grooming experience. :birdman:

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
sh*t i remember in 01 i would go to this barber that charged me $5. Sh*t done changed, but it ain't as bad where i live charging $20. Thankfully my wife knows how to fade so i've saved thousands over the years :takedat: