Are Black Americans just cleaner than other types of people?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
We got trauma breh.

Our grandparents and ancestors didn't have...so now that we do, our parents drilled it into us that ain't no way we supposed to leave the house looking/smelling crazy.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
That's due to the environment and poverty. If you lived somewhere that doesn't have paved sidewalks. Your feet would be dusty all the time because the most travelled paths eventually stop growing grass. You could wear covered shoes but a lot of the working class can only afford sandals. Ultimately.it doesn't mean you are cleaner than them by habit.. Their environment is a lot more challenging.

As someone who grew up in an African nation. Standards of cleanliness are not below anyone else. All the rituals of a bath we do as Black people are universal. From the deep scrub to the post moisturization. Doesn't matter if you gotta bathe in a river or carry water home and boil it to heat it cuz you don't have running water...we all get down and put an emphasis on hygiene as a race. That's universal. People that travel would know this.
You’re doing a whole lot of assuming about someone you don’t know shyt about. I’ve travelled a lot and I’ve saw wealthy people driving super cars with feet like that so it’s not a poverty issue it’s a dirty foot issue:ufdup:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
We got trauma breh.

Our grandparents and ancestors didn't have...so now that we do, our parents drilled it into us that ain't no way we supposed to leave the house looking/smelling crazy.

True, but that benefits black folk.

Last thing you want to do is let your body be a petri dish for more disease outbreaks and pandemics.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
This is how I know some yall some lost suburban country nikkas that don't be around black folks as much as you think you do.

Yall seriously asking if other black ethnic groups value personal hygiene? Not showering, wearing wrinkled or stain clothes, smelling nasty, your kid walking around with snotty booger noses, are all like cardinal sins in the Caribbean and Nigerian community.

This. It's just a plain ignorant question to begin with but It's like these dudes really are ignorant to black people outside of their own family and their little suburb town.

You've had to have never met a Caribbean family in your entire fukking life to even question if "these people" shower or value hygiene. Not takin a bath and smelling like shiy gets your ass beat in Caribbean households. They hard-core about that shyt.

TLR always blows my mind. :mjlol:

Just because someone has "a fresh fit and new hats" every other day doesn't mean they're clean.

Why are man's always trying to start diaspora wars?

:mjtf:Breh sincerely stated that he didn't grow up around foreign bp and seemed to be open to new information. If anything, yall started the war, and implying WE dirty. Tf? Why could you not just inform the brother without all the miscellaneous bullshyt? It's not like he, Idk, actually moved to a country full of different bp and purposefully chose not to learn about them. :usure:

I've said this before on here when we were marveling that so many immigrants birth certificates say they were born on Christmas: we in our American towns minding our business, yall come through, we ATTEMPT to gather new information, don't trust the wm so we ask you*, yall be fukking dikkheads about it AND THEN GOT THE NERVE TO CALL US IGNORANT. nikka, that's why we asked YOU!!!! :what:
*This is where we seem to be at cross purposes. Yall actually DO listen to the wm about us. Maybe yall think we being funny when we ask...? :jbhmm:

I'd say yes in general but extend that hypothesis to the African diaspora overall. Our Carb brothers and sisters may even have us beat because I remember being like 18/19 trying to figure out what the move was for NYE and hitting up my Jamaican friends trying to put some shyt in motion and just holding the phone like wtf you mean you can't come out tonight cause you gotta stay home and wash the walls and linens!?

This seems to be common among bp generally, but we ADOS wash walls thoroughly at different times of the year, not NYE. We adhere to ceremony tho, there is a pro forma 'sweeping out the old year' ritual.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
It's cold in UK and Northern cities so sandals wouldn't make sense since cold air falls. In the south I've seen dudes with slides on though.
I was referring to the blazing summer time, tbf I may have seen some dudes with sliders and socks but that doesn’t count. In the Caribbean dudes rock sandals cos it’s hot as hell, they have house slipppers and yard slippers and you better not mix them up :russ:

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
:mjtf:Breh sincerely stated that he didn't grow up around foreign bp and seemed to be open to new information. If anything, yall started the war, and implying WE dirty. Tf? Why could you not just inform the brother without all the miscellaneous bullshyt? It's not like he, Idk, actually moved to a country full of different bp and purposefully chose not to learn about them. :usure:

I've said this before on here when we were marveling that so many immigrants birth certificates say they were born on Christmas: we in our American towns minding our business, yall come through, we ATTEMPT to gather new information, don't trust the wm so we ask you*, yall be fukking dikkheads about it AND THEN GOT THE NERVE TO CALL US IGNORANT. nikka, that's why we asked YOU!!!! :what:
*This is where we seem to be at cross purposes. Yall actually DO listen to the wm about us. Maybe yall think we being funny when we ask...? :jbhmm:

This seems to be common among bp generally, but we ADOS wash walls thoroughly at different times of the year, not NYE. We adhere to ceremony tho, there is a pro forma 'sweeping out the old year' ritual.
I can't speak for the other guys.

In today's day and age you can't be this ignorant, I refused to believe breh honestly doesn't know. I didn't grow up around AA like that, but I don't feel negatively about them or any of that foolishness, the media likes to portray.

The undertones is "my people bathe, idk about y'all...then goes on to talk about Indians like the rest of the diaspora share some dirty connection with them.

The whole immigrants saying their born on xmas is just a joke.Can you honestly say you know some many immigrants who all share xmas as their birthday lol. I've met one and it was a Chinese kid back in grade school, and I live in Canada were everyone is basically an immigrant.

never knew about the wall washing thing, is it a common thing among all AAs or ones from a certain region?

Do AAs in Louisiana understand any Creole or is it a CAC thing?

No beef or anything.

@Ghost Utmost, JW what city do you live in? I dead ass thought the diaspora was everywhere in the US. I was shocked to meet alot of belizeans in a Chicago.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
My Caribbean grandmother would throw a fit if we walked out the house with food stains, a wrinkled shirt, ashy face etc

Even at 87 she’ll get on my ass if I don’t got a fresh cut :wow:
I once wore a new summer dress without washing it, my granny told me I smelled like outside. I was like Welp “ Guess I’m going home to change”

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Yall seriously asking if other black ethnic groups value personal hygiene? Not showering, wearing wrinkled or stain clothes, smelling nasty, your kid walking around with snotty booger noses, are all like cardinal sins in the Caribbean and Nigerian community.
You have to add people to the ignore list. After a certain point, they can no longer be taken seriously. What else would I ever need to hear/read from op?
+1 to the list

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Has HarlemHottie taken over BlackPearl's account? :dahell:

What's with the #FBA Tether Antagonist heel turn? :dahell:

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is hygiene only pertaining to bodily hygiene or can homes be included? Because I've never been over(not saying there aren't) a caribbean person home that was dirty. I'm not about to let yall come for us like that.
I grew up in the caribbean(almost until 11yrs) and live in several states pre adult (Virginia, NY,Miami)And if it was, no one was allowed over until it was clean. Growing up it was common to wash/scrub the walls, baseboards, keep the kitchen clean and counters clean at all times. Almost had to have a guest pass to go over/ allow people into our homes. Caribbean people like talking, gossiping about other people's homes, so if its dirty, everyone would know.

Growing up in the caribbean, poor how some was poor, I've never seen or noticed anyone dirty going to school. We all wore uniforms and if you weren't clean, teacher would make that call. We got whopping in school, so not being on your Ps and Qs(that included coming to school unclean) would result in unfavorable treatment for you.
The only smelly person I witness. Was a mentally Ill guy( who's fam sent him back to Virgin Islands, after being strung out in NY..he actually completed his bachelors before strunging out). He choose to be that way, as the community tied him up one day and gave him a pu license bath. With new clothes...which right afterwards he threw away and dumpster dived into the trash for his old rags.

People are always going to tell stories from their myopic views.