Are Black Americans just cleaner than other types of people?

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I can't speak for the other guys.

In today's day and age you can't be this ignorant, I refused to believe breh honestly doesn't know. I didn't grow up around AA like that, but I don't feel negatively about them or any of that foolishness, the media likes to portray.

The undertones is "my people bathe, idk about y'all...then goes on to talk about Indians like the rest of the diaspora share some dirty connection with them.

The whole immigrants saying their born on xmas is just a joke.Can you honestly say you know some many immigrants who all share xmas as their birthday lol. I've met one and it was a Chinese kid back in grade school, and I live in Canada were everyone is basically an immigrant.

never knew about the wall washing thing, is it a common thing among all AAs or ones from a certain region?

Do AAs in Louisiana understand any Creole or is it a CAC thing?

No beef or anything.

@Ghost Utmost, JW what city do you live in? I dead ass thought the diaspora was everywhere in the US. I was shocked to meet alot of belizeans in a Chicago.
You said a lot. Let me see if I can answer.

1. Yes, you can be this 'ignorant'. Americans can barely read. Absolutely no one is googling the bathing habits of ppl they dont even know, staaahp. But, tbf, he didn't assume foreign blacks were dirty, he simply stated that he was ignorant on this topic. I didn't see any value judgements.

2. 'Immigrants born on Christmas' as a joke: I misquoted but here's an NPR discussion on the phenomenon:

3. Re: wall washing. We're all loosely from the same place- the southeast- we just spread the custom as we spread out geographically. I'm a full-time homemaker and I wash walls twice a year. I do this bc I was taught. My grandmother was a maid in SC and NYC.

4. Im in no way connected to New Orleans (though I attended the 1984 World's Fair at age 3), but I assume that knowledge of Creole, like any language, is based on locale. @PortCity_Lou_CooperRoad?

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
4. Im in no way connected to New Orleans (though I attended the 1984 World's Fair at age 3), but I assume that knowledge of Creole, like any language, is based on locale. @PortCity_Lou_CooperRoad?
Creole is a dying language. I tried to learn it upon learning my Paternal Grandmama is Choctaw/Creole. It is still spoken but finding fluent speakers is rough as the majority are in the nursing homes and/or pretty much dying out.

In Louisiana we do use Kreyòl words like MawMaw and PawPaw which is Grandma's and Grandfather. I did have a counselor at Bowie State who is from the boot as well and she was learning via an outdated book that went back to the late 60s early 70s. It had the entire language model of Louisiana Kreyòl. Unfortunately I should've took her offer on reprinting it for me before I graduated from Bowie State but I goofed. She claimed she was Creole too. Not direct but via her great grandparents.

If you geaux to the SE part of Louisiana you can meet Creoles there and also in Beaumont, TX.

Some are color struck and some are bougie...bit the ones I met are as cool as a fan. Not all Creoles are high yella or lights kinked. You can find some dark as Louis Armstrong was said to be Creole and Fats Domino is Creole as well.

Lagniappe is a common word used in the Boot..which means something extra or bonus. That's Creole/Cajun. Also Louisiana Creole/Cajun/French share some words.

I know this didn't answer it, but hopefully it offers clarity.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Creole is a dying language. I tried to learn it upon learning my Paternal Grandmama is Choctaw/Creole. It is still spoken but finding fluent speakers is rough as the majority are in the nursing homes and/or pretty much dying out.

In Louisiana we do use Kreyòl words like MawMaw and PawPaw which is Grandma's and Grandfather. I did have a counselor at Bowie State who is from the boot as well and she was learning via an outdated book that went back to the late 60s early 70s. It had the entire language model of Louisiana Kreyòl. Unfortunately I should've took her offer on reprinting it for me before I graduated from Bowie State but I goofed. She claimed she was Creole too. Not direct but via her great grandparents.

If you geaux to the SE part of Louisiana you can meet Creoles there and also in Beaumont, TX.

Some are color struck and some are bougie...bit the ones I met are as cool as a fan. Not all Creoles are high yella or lights kinked. You can find some dark as Louis Armstrong was said to be Creole and Fats Domino is Creole as well.

Lagniappe is a common word used in the Boot..which means something extra or bonus. That's Creole/Cajun. Also Louisiana Creole/Cajun/French share some words.

I know this didn't answer it, but hopefully it offers clarity.
That's sad, its what linguists would call a dying language. :mjcry:

I'm a french speaker, I know lagniappe. We call it a bakers dozen up here (13+ instead of 12). Put a lil extra on it. *wink*

I wish I could help. but I know no creoles. I was taught Parisian french.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
That's sad, its what linguists would call a dying language. :mjcry:

I'm a french speaker, I know lagniappe. We call it a bakers dozen up here (13+ instead of 12). Put a lil extra on it. *wink*

I wish I could help. but I know no creoles. I was taught Parisian french.
:mjlit:aye...when ol boy hit it right you get to speaking it don't you?:mjlit:

On a srs note..I did take French in college and forgot most of it...made it conversational French. I do better reading it then speaking it tho...but I need to restart lessons as I want to visit France for my art.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
:mjlit:aye...when ol boy hit it right you get to speaking it don't you?:mjlit:
:lolbron: Ngl, it has its appeal. :takedat:

On a srs note..I did take French in college and forgot most of it...made it conversational French. I do better reading it then speaking it tho...but I need to restart lessons as I want to visit France for my art.
I took french from 7th grade through college, got a 5 on the AP. Quiet as its kept, Ivies got a lil beef re: French language teaching. There's the Yale Method and... idk, the 'other' method...? Well, I was taught through the Yale method (and skipped and hopped through that). So when I encountered the other method, I shat all over it. I couldn't recite the alphabet but I could cuss your ass smooth out.

In college, I was still dealing with the residuals of childhood asthma (Harlem/ the Bx got the highest rates), so I spent most of the term I was supposed to be gaining french proficiency in the hospital dealing with literal pneumonia. I come back to class to take my finals and asked a basic question. Mind you, I had read all the books. Some, in highschool. I'm nice with the shyt, I was asking basic 'where do I sign' type questions. Well, the prof, biracial, tried to play me. So he had to sit there while I cussed his ass smooth out, the white students watched with glee, and I sat down and slayed that essay question. I'm still tight to this day. Later, my homegirl from Detroit walked by his classroom and lowkey threatened his life. :skip:

I'm planning to just imbibe more french media to get back on my game. That might do it for you too.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
:lolbron: Ngl, it has its appeal. :takedat:

I took french from 7th grade through college, got a 5 on the AP. Quiet as its kept, Ivies got a lil beef re: French language teaching. There's the Yale Method and... idk, the 'other' method...? Well, I was taught through the Yale method (and skipped and hopped through that). So when I encountered the other method, I shat all over it. I couldn't recite the alphabet but I could cuss your ass smooth out.

In college, I was still dealing with the residuals of childhood asthma (Harlem/ the Bx got the highest rates), so I spent most of the term I was supposed to be gaining french proficiency in the hospital dealing with literal pneumonia. I come back to class to take my finals and asked a basic question. Mind you, I had read all the books. Some, in highschool. I'm nice with the shyt, I was asking basic 'where do I sign' type questions. Well, the prof, biracial, tried to play me. So he had to sit there while I cussed his ass smooth out, the white students watched with glee, and I sat down and slayed that essay question. I'm still tight to this day. Later, my homegirl from Detroit walked by his classroom and lowkey threatened his life. :skip:

I'm planning to just imbibe more french media to get back on my game. That might do it for you too.
Unfortunately mwen chére my hearing is shot to high hell...tinnitus is a bytch ass hoe. I was gon learn through duolingo and just call it a day cause the nasal sounds of French irritate me cause I can differentiate words that well. Was acing Ayiti Kreyòl on there for awhile until they went full speaking to me on there. But I def need to learn either French or Kreyòl.

And that's wassup you are dope for learning French. That is a nice asset to have esp with the world being so opened via the internet.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Unfortunately mwen chére my hearing is shot to high hell...tinnitus is a bytch ass hoe. I was gon learn through duolingo and just call it a day cause the nasal sounds of French irritate me cause I can differentiate words that well. Was acing Ayiti Kreyòl on there for awhile until they went full speaking to me on there. But I def need to learn either French or Kreyòl.

And that's wassup you are dope for learning French. That is a nice asset to have esp with the world being so opened via the internet.
I decided on french because I already spoke Nuyorican Spanglish and there was a whole bunch of new Senegalese (aka, black! :gladbron:) immigrants in Harlem that I wanted to speak to. I mean, we LIVED in cabs and they were the drivers. I translated for a whole decade. (FYI: hair braiders be straight disrespectful, cab drivers less so.)

Your hearing is fine for french 'in your neighborhood', its typically spoken in a lower register.:ld:

We should have a francophone thread here.

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
I don't get it. Sleeping after a long day working, chores etc without being clean is too much for me. Makes your bed cleaner too. Then in the morning after 8hrs of sleep, drooling, eyes crusty and you just wake up, wash the face and then go to work to stink it up?

Smell is such a huge part of how people react to you, but even so, it's for your own peace of mind.

Daps
People in villages in Africa will use buckets of water to bathe at least once a day if they don’t have plumbing and hot water. When visiting my grandma I used to have to wake up at the crack of dawn to go pump water so I could bathe, we’d sit in a row as kids with our buckets, soap and wash cloths and lather from head to toe.

I moved to this part of the world and would hear these filthy cacs talk about washing with their hands only :scusthov: And worse still they don’t even wash, talking about “oh some nights I just wipe my dirty bits and splash my face”:hhh:

Started dating and for some reason the topics of changing linen comes up, come to find out some people change their sheets once a month?

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I can't speak for the other guys.

In today's day and age you can't be this ignorant, I refused to believe breh honestly doesn't know. I didn't grow up around AA like that, but I don't feel negatively about them or any of that foolishness, the media likes to portray.

The undertones is "my people bathe, idk about y'all...then goes on to talk about Indians like the rest of the diaspora share some dirty connection with them.

The whole immigrants saying their born on xmas is just a joke.Can you honestly say you know some many immigrants who all share xmas as their birthday lol. I've met one and it was a Chinese kid back in grade school, and I live in Canada were everyone is basically an immigrant.

never knew about the wall washing thing, is it a common thing among all AAs or ones from a certain region?

Do AAs in Louisiana understand any Creole or is it a CAC thing?

No beef or anything.

@Ghost Utmost, JW what city do you live in? I dead ass thought the diaspora was everywhere in the US. I was shocked to meet alot of belizeans in a Chicago.