Are Black Americans just cleaner than other types of people?

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
I'd say yes in general but extend that hypothesis to the African diaspora overall. Our Carb brothers and sisters may even have us beat because I remember being like 18/19 trying to figure out what the move was for NYE and hitting up my Jamaican friends trying to put some shyt in motion and just holding the phone like wtf you mean you can't come out tonight cause you gotta stay home and wash the walls and linens!?

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
This is how I know some yall some lost suburban country nikkas that don't be around black folks as much as you think you do.

Yall seriously asking if other black ethnic groups value personal hygiene? Not showering, wearing wrinkled or stain clothes, smelling nasty, your kid walking around with snotty booger noses, are all like cardinal sins in the Caribbean and Nigerian community.

Black folks everywhere are clean, even in grinding poverty..
Live with cacs and Asians and you'll understand were not the same.

This. It's just a plain ignorant question to begin with but It's like these dudes really are ignorant to black people outside of their own family and their little suburb town.

You've had to have never met a Caribbean family in your entire fukking life to even question if "these people" shower or value hygiene. Not takin a bath and smelling like shiy gets your ass beat in Caribbean households. They hard-core about that shyt.
That’s why I said all Black folks are clean. 🤷🏾‍♀️
Caribbeans are definitely clean and so are those in African nations. There’s no question.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I grew up in the south.

We have Black people (ADOS or whatever acronym), crackers, and more recently mad messicans. Few Asians and shyt here and there.

We didnt have enclaves of different nationalities like that. So I am sayin. I only know Black Americans like that to know what they do on the daily.

Africans invented black soap, shea butter and cocoa butter lotion.

What do you think?
:mjlol:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
That’s why I said all Black folks are clean. 🤷🏾‍♀️
Caribbeans are definitely clean and so are those in African nations. There’s no question.

Smelling of donkey and goat, even if working construction out in the blazing sun all day is no excuse to stink..we consider a person smelling of yesterdays funk and sweat a madman in need of psychological care..
In some places they cant afford deodorant, but the people still bathed well and will only start getting funky mid afternoon.. :pachaha:

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
TLR always blows my mind. :mjlol:

Just because someone has "a fresh fit and new hats" every other day doesn't mean they're clean.

I'm Jamaicans and most black people I've met said they been through this too

you wear your outdoor clothes inside...it's a beating:francis:

You don't smell like soap after you bathe... It's a beating:francis:

Parents come home to dishes in the sink... It's a beating:damn:

Strangers will point out your dirty clothing, friends will say you look homeless if you :mjlol:

My African Muslim brehs even look at me funny when I tell them we just shake it off at the urinal and KIM lol

Why are man's always trying to start diaspora wars?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yes without a doubt. Other black folks probably bath as much as us but I’ve saw to many walking around with fukked up feet in Jesus sandals through dust, dirt all kind of shyt. Outfits be fresh as fukk in a Benz,but feet looking like
dirty-feet.jpg

:yeshrug:
That's due to the environment and poverty. If you lived somewhere that doesn't have paved sidewalks. Your feet would be dusty all the time because the most travelled paths eventually stop growing grass. You could wear covered shoes but a lot of the working class can only afford sandals. Ultimately.it doesn't mean you are cleaner than them by habit.. Their environment is a lot more challenging.

As someone who grew up in an African nation. Standards of cleanliness are not below anyone else. All the rituals of a bath we do as Black people are universal. From the deep scrub to the post moisturization. Doesn't matter if you gotta bathe in a river or carry water home and boil it to heat it cuz you don't have running water...we all get down and put an emphasis on hygiene as a race. That's universal. People that travel would know this.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This is how I know some yall some lost suburban country nikkas that don't be around black folks as much as you think you do.

Yall seriously asking if other black ethnic groups value personal hygiene? Not showering, wearing wrinkled or stain clothes, smelling nasty, your kid walking around with snotty booger noses, are all like cardinal sins in the Caribbean and Nigerian community.
this forum is always so ignorant. But it also explains a lot

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
We used to be. Now a lot of people have turned into depressed slobs.

bytches wearing bonnets and pajamas to the store.

nikkas waking and baking and walking out the house with their cracks out their pants.

A lot of black peoples houses are disgusting also, roaches and shyt.

People are just filthy in general.

Where do you live...damn...

That is not the norm Brethtren.

You'll find 1000 times worse in some Appalachian trailer meth park.