Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Nah man they just prefer practical effects underwater....:mjlol:
They want a mechanical shark like in Jaws I guess.
giphy.gif

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't fully agree. CGI has gotten better and better and although the more you have to use the more noticeable it gets, it's still partly on the studio and the effects companies they use.

But at least as far back as the days of the first Iron Man, studios have been putting out trailers with unfinished CGI, so give it time.
And that was my point, making your chief complaint about a trailer be the CGI is ridiculous because every comic book movie that has ever been released has has bad CGI in spots in its trailer and even in the finished movie.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Every single comic book film that has a lot of cgi has questionable cgi in it at some point.

There’s no way around in it. Even infinity war had a couple scenes that looked terrible and that film for the most part had some of the best cgi ever in a cbm.

A film that takes place under water with huge fantastical elements was never ever going to look photorealistic.
It was like The Russos ran out of cash when it came time to render Proxima Midnight and had to hire the guys who did Cyborg's CGI in the Justice League movie.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It was like The Russos ran out of cash when it came time to render Proxima Midnight and had to hire the guys who did Cyborg's CGI in the Justice League movie.

Mark Ruffalos head not aligned on his suit in IW was :mjlol:

Sir Charles Barkley

The Chuckster
Daps
Reppin
TNT & Turner Family
pros:

- the shot of aquaman lifting the submarine from the water

cons:

- looks like 4-5 different movies rolled into one.

- the acting and dialogue looks HORRENDOUS, especially the red haired chick.

not blown away by anything in this trailer, visuals looks to be nothing special.

expecting a generic 3/5 movie at best, another DC abysmal disaster at worst.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
It's little things too, just like shooting the ocean from the side like that so it looks like a fish tank.
Qmueb1H.png

Lesser directors wouldn't have even imagined a shot like that. Brilliant.

To be fair - that was never DC's problem. Snyder could frame something up to look exactly like it did on the page - Watchmen and 300 proved that. The problem was telling the story needed to get from set piece to set piece

If Wan has a better grasp of that, we're good :ehh:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
To be fair - that was never DC's problem. Snyder could frame something up to look exactly like it did on the page - Watchmen and 300 proved that. The problem was telling the story needed to get from set piece to set piece

I didn't specifically mean Snyder or within the DCEU, I just meant other directors

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps

Great points, because Snyder did have some :whoo: scenes in MOS and BvsS. Fights too.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Great points, because Snyder did have some :whoo: scenes in MOS and BvsS. Fights too.

That moment at the beginning of BvS when the cop walks in the room and Batman is in the corner of the roof, then crawls across the ceiling is one of my favourite depictions of the character on film.

It perfectly encapsulated how you'd expect to feel when seeing a man dressed as a giant bat, out of the corner of your eye, who has been busy branding criminals. Straight :merchant::damn::whoa:

After that - I didn't really feel engaged by anything Bat related in the flick until the warehouse fight, but that's just me :manny:

Last edited: