Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Was I talking about MCU?:gucci:

Nah, but numbers don't measure up to quality, but Aquaman was definitely something special. A lot of little factors added up to this massive success, and even better, you can tell James Wan had fun making this project and making the biggest punchline of the comic book world, to this beaut of this movie.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
I'm not even talking about execs. If anything, I think Disney saw the writing was on the wall the closer the movie got to release and adjusted accordingly. Marketing for the movie was definitely lighter than I expecting. Not that the movie is a bomb, mind you. It's still making money and is a feather in their cap critically.

I'm talking more about industry analysts, bloggers, and fans who thought every other movie needed to run in fear of Mary Poppins. It's like they saw the word "Disney" and instantly put up all kinds blinders against reading the tide of the market and seeing how limited the appeal of the movie actually was, especially in foreign markets. The best reasoning I've heard was that people believed it would mimic the success of The Greatest Showman, but even that only made $435 million ww.

People kept saying things like "there's so much nostalgia for Mary Poppins," and I was just like, "Who the hell has nostalgia for Mary Poppins in 2018?!" I knew what was up when I took my students on a field trip to see The Grinch. We got the trailer Mary Poppins and maybe three kids made any noise. The rest were like :beli::francis::russell:. The chaperones didn't care much either.

Hopefully this is a lesson to everyone that not all Disney properties are created equally.
Disney drops a dud every year. Most of the films that have bombed recently are those white washing movies.

Anhur

All Star
Daps
It's been a good run for Black Panther as the largest single superhero movie. Aquaman is almost at 1.1B in just 30 days. :mjcry:
I like the DCEU a lot, but I hope Aquaman doesn't surpass Black Panther. :sadcam:
Ironman held the title for 5 years. It would be a shame if Black Panther can't hold it for 1 year. :francis:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
It's been a good run for Black Panther as the largest single superhero movie. Aquaman is almost at 1.1B in just 30 days. :mjcry:
I like the DCEU a lot, but I hope Aquaman doesn't surpass Black Panther. :sadcam:
Ironman held the title for 5 years. It would be a shame if Black Panther can't hold it for 1 year. :francis:

Aquaman is not making another 200 mil in this time scale, its run in cinemas is almost up... I'm beyond satisfied it killed that billy, but i dont see it doing 1.3

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Aquaman is not making another 200 mil in this time scale, its run in cinemas is almost up... I'm beyond satisfied it killed that billy, but i dont see it doing 1.3

How much Did Captain America: CW make?

reigun

Superstar
Daps
$ 1.153 billi .. Aquaman will pass it :mjlit:
I think Japan is going to be the deciding factor. Granted, superhero movies don't usually do huge numbers there. Even Infinity War only did $33 mill by the end of its run (for comparison's sake, Bohemian Rhapsody and Fantastic Beasts 2 have done $81 and $58 mill respectively and they're not even done their box office runs there yet). However, if Aquaman can end up on the higher end for superhero movies, that plus its gross as it finishes its run elsewhere could push it over the top.

If it does pass CW....whoo boy. Superhero movie twitter and youtube is going to be a shyt show.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Didn't like the movie, but I found this interesting.

4O6TAjd.jpg

7xqHWH9.png

8pgn4AH.jpg

Sounds like it could have been much worse than it was if Whedon had more control.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Didn't like the movie, but I found this interesting.

4O6TAjd.jpg

7xqHWH9.png

8pgn4AH.jpg

Sounds like it could have been much worse than it was if Whedon had more control.
I know those jokes and those director shots around wonder womans skirt and legs were all Whedon :hhh:Zack didn't do Gal like that in BVS

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I know those jokes and those director shots around wonder womans skirt and legs were all Whedon :hhh:Zack didn't do Gal like that in BVS

Some of these people in here don't wanna hear it. Avengers was cool because 4-5 other directors and Feige himself set the table. When Whedon had more control in Age of Ultron he put out a piece of shyt. Whedon has always been a fukking hack and directors don't respect him like that. :mjlol:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It shows that people can get past the quite blatant, shameless and transparent anti DCEU bias that goes on in the critic community

People will overlook all the flaws in MCU films and gasp and call everything Marvel puts out cinematic treats or masterpieces but will incessantly nitpick DC films

As if somehow the Marvel template is the only way to make superhero films
B v S was kinda trash (directors cut was better) but I personally felt like justice league was the same level of quality as majority of the marvel movies but got picked apart like it was the worst movie of all time.

I'm not even trying to say it was a flawless movie, just irritating how that movie got nitpicked so heavily while shyt like thor 1 & 2, iron man 2&3, avengers 2, etc. Are all considered great, damn near classic movies by critics.

The bias is blatantly obvious.