JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Must be good. Wife just came back from seeing it with a friend and wants to see it again. I'm a try to catch it this weekend.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Watching Aquaman, the one thing that came to mind was that I felt the complaints people had were both valid and a bit overblown. The humor doesn't work, but it's not the cringe inducing horror show I was led to believe and it even got a few chuckles. There was a lot going on, but much of that was just window dressing and backstory with the actual plot being pretty easy to follow. Heard and Momoa aren't exactly Gadot and Pine but they work and a few of their scenes were pretty cute.

All in all, this really was an Aquaman comic book brought to life. It didn't feel like it had to wink and nudge at the audience over the sillier aspects, it didn't want to pretend to be more than it was. It was a crazy adventure movie starring a guy who talks to fish and as far as the film was concerned, you were either gonna roll with that or nah. Momoa is having the time of his life, Patrick Wilson is actually kind of perfect as the Ocean Master, and a breh actually had some feels toward the end when

Atlanna and Thomas reunite.

Also, while I'm in the spoiler box...

"My parents made me what I am. A son of the land. A king of the seas. I am the protector of the deep. I am.....Aquaman."

That kind of unapologetically corny superhero speechifying is my favorite shyt.

I watched this and Spider-Verse back to back and while the latter is the stronger movie, I walked out loving both. This is the most excited I've been about superhero movies in a looooooooooooooooong time. If Wan comes back for the sequel with a stronger script, we'll get something really special.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
''finally'' lmaooooooooooo

nikka smoking dikks..

oeg5FzC.gif

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Just got back from seeing it finally. It was OK, seemed like a weird mix of Thor Ragnarok and Black Panther but wasn't nearly as good as either of those movies. I'd give it a 6/10 since I was entertained but probably wouldn't watch it again :ld:
Pretty much this :russ:

This and Wonder Woman was DC's finest work:yeshrug:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City

I said it earlier in this thread, for all it's corn the romantic parts actually work - both Arthur/Meera and Jango Fety/Atlanna.

The conflict with Ocean Master also gets resolved by talking and him seeing his mom, which is quite unique (and not to be sexist, but a 'feminine' way to end that fight). Most movies would've had him dissappearing into the deep with the Karathen or Aquaman stabbing him or some shyt.

Not surprised women are liking this movie.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black Manta caught bodies and his suit was sick.. Ronan lost to a dance contest. Come on now :dahell:
The more I think about it the more I can't believe they actually did that. Even though I really liked the movie when it dropped that scene is so damn ridiculous it's a wonder why it doesn't get the same amount of nerd rage as Superman snapping Zod's neck

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
nothing wrong with that.. the scene was there to show he's crazy but war ready and battle tested. He's a fighter. He took the advanced tech and transformed it into something even more sinister.

Him doing all that wasn't hard to understand nikkas just nitpicking as hell, son was a secondary villain and nikkas is crying like anythin Manta related would hurt the film... :mjlol:

The more I think about it the more I can't believe they actually did that. Even though I really liked the movie when it dropped that scene is so damn ridiculous it's a wonder why it doesn't get the same amount of nerd rage as Superman snapping Zod's neck

we both know why, the disney Regime got these sheep in a daze