Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Man of Steel is a classic bruh. If it weren't for the Donner stans that movie would have had at least 85% on RT. The action sequences alone are still a cut above most CBM's since..

:whoa:
I dunno about classic but I definitely agree with everything else in this post. People bytching about him killing Zod when he's done it in the comics before always had me. :shaq2:

reigun

Superstar
Daps
I think the case of both Man of Steel and Superman Returns, time has been kind to them. I'm seeing even people who still don't like those movies come out more and more and admit they weren't as bad as initially thought. MoS especially I've seen people say the initial reaction was wayyyy overblown.

The challenge seems to be more making a Superman movie people like in the moment rather than one they warm up to down the line.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Man Of Steel is still pure trash, and despite what some misinformed posters like to claim, it has nothing to do with some nostalgic love for the Donner movies. It's just a trash movie with one of the worst takes on the character regardless of the medium. I am pretty sure that even the unplayable, abominable N64 game was made by people who at least understood the character better than Snyder and Goyer do.

There's no easier way a person can reveal that they neither understand nor care for the character than by saying they think MoS is a good movie. The same way that outside of Rocket and Groot the handling of the characters in Guardians Of The Galaxy is absolutely atrocious, but the general unfamiliarity with the characters keeps it from being a bigger issue than it should be.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
James Wan. Salute.

This and Wonder Woman are the best DC movies and two of the best in their genre.

DC needs to let these great directors handle their movies and stop interfering. Build this universe back up with those two films as the foundation. Aquaman was dope as fukk. The whole scale of the movie was epic as fukk. The story, the humor, the action scenes, the dramatic/love scenes....everything done right.

lol at the anabelle doll scene

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the case of both Man of Steel and Superman Returns, time has been kind to them. I'm seeing even people who still don't like those movies come out more and more and admit they weren't as bad as initially thought. MoS especially I've seen people say the initial reaction was wayyyy overblown.

The challenge seems to be more making a Superman movie people like in the moment rather than one they warm up to down the line.
Superman Returns is still buns. It's better made than Superman 3 & 4 but still leagues below 1&2. Felt like nothing happened in that movie.

Man of Steel gave us a year 1 type story but acting like he should be a seasoned vet right out of the gate.
I was re-reading John Byrne's run of Superman and that felt right in line with what they were doing with Man of Steel.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
saw this last night and it was pretty good. the action and underwater world is dope and black manta was a better villain than ocean master imo.

my problem with this was the writing. some of the one liners were bad and cheesy...maybe it was the delivery. either way the action scenes were dope. that final battle on the field and aquaman vs ocean master was piff. i thought the resolution between aqua man, ocean master and the mom was a little weak.

i didn't finish wonder woman but this is the second best DCEU movie behind man of steel. i don't count nolan's batman movies as part of the DCEU.