wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
The more I think about it the more I can't believe they actually did that. Even though I really liked the movie when it dropped that scene is so damn ridiculous it's a wonder why it doesn't get the same amount of nerd rage as Superman snapping Zod's neck
probably because it never took itself serious the entire film and superman went against his entire emo persona established throughout the film to murderously snap somebodys neck :yeshrug:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
probably because it never took itself serious the entire film and superman went against his entire emo persona established throughout the film to murderously snap somebodys neck :yeshrug:
It was either that or let Zod kill those innocent people with his heat vision. And it was something he didn't want to do but was force to.

Guardians of the Galaxy had comedic moments but wasn't a straight up comedy. It was in line with the tone of the other Marvel movies besides the Incredible Hulk. Thd dance off felt like something you would see in a parody or something, I felt.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said it earlier in this thread, for all it's corn the romantic parts actually work - both Arthur/Meera and Jango Fety/Atlanna.

The conflict with Ocean Master also gets resolved by talking and him seeing his mom, which is quite unique (and not to be sexist, but a 'feminine' way to end that fight). Most movies would've had him dissappearing into the deep with the Karathen or Aquaman stabbing him or some shyt.

Not surprised women are liking this movie.
Shirtless Jason Momoa is another reason.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
See, that's clear nonsense and I would know. I wrote my Age Of Ultron review like 15 minutes after I saw the movie and it's probably the most referred to and quoted film review on this website. @FlyRy can't keep this review out of his mouth, he can't stop bringing it up. That genuine after-movie emotion resonates with folks, whether positive or negative, and creates the opportunity to debate. How many times does someone bring up or even remember your patented lukewarm takes™?
My body is ready for the upcoming 4th anniversary of your ultron review :blessed:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Say what you want about whether you like the movies.. the only one that didn't make a ton of money for WB was Justice League. Thanks, Whedon. :martin:

maybe they should have dropped aquaman before justice league movie

still crazy to me that aquaman and wonder woman are more bankable than a superman movie at this point

reigun

Superstar
Daps
maybe they should have dropped aquaman before justice league movie

still crazy to me that aquaman and wonder woman are more bankable than a superman movie at this point
They could have dropped 12 movies before Justice League. If it had been as bad as it was, it would have still bombed.

People didn't reject Justice League because there were no lead in movies. They rejected it cause it sucked.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
It was either that or let Zod kill those innocent people with his heat vision. And it was something he didn't want to do but was force to.

Guardians of the Galaxy had comedic moments but wasn't a straight up comedy. It was in line with the tone of the other Marvel movies besides the Incredible Hulk. Thd dance off felt like something you would see in a parody or something, I felt.
so it went against the character established for the first two hours, ok :ehh:

and GG is often referred to as a comedy by many on here and is known for its soundtrack and now a dance off is somehow contradictory to how the movie was and established the main character to be :jbhmm: ok sure :ehh:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
These dudes just wanna argue the same shyt. I read for years on here how it was an unreal feat for Marvel to make so much money with GOTG. I knew it'd be a hit, I was up on those comics and I knew a talking tree and a murderous racc00n could sell if it was done like Star Wars.

But now with DC.. they made tons of money with Suicide Squad. Now tons of money with Aquaman. DC deserves the same amount of credit for unlocking these characters and turning them from jokes into arguably billion dollar franchises.

They get Batman. They get Wonder Woman. But they done a good job with B tier and C tier characters too. :manny: give 'em credit :pacspit:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Saw this on Christmas Day and I really enjoyed it. They did a really good job establishing Atlantis and it’s inhabitants. I could see the influence of Man of Steel in many of those scenes. The actions scenes are some the best in the genre. The trench scene and the 3rd act battle was awe inspiring. :wow:
Weak spots for me personally was the dialogue and the song choices used in certain scenes.

The cast was strong imo. All in all I’d give it a strong 8. My DC Top 3 Man of Steel Wonder Woman and Aquaman.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so it went against the character established for the first two hours, ok :ehh:

and GG is often referred to as a comedy by many on here and is known for its soundtrack and now a dance off is somehow contradictory to how the movie was and established the main character to be :jbhmm: ok sure :ehh:
How is that against his established character? He was pained by killing Zod.

Often refer to as an action/comedy as with most of the MCU. Edit: I misremembered that scene

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Has there been a comic book movie thread since 2013 on here that didn't include a debate on Man of Steel?

Man of Steel is a classic bruh. If it weren't for the Donner stans that movie would have had at least 85% on RT. The action sequences alone are still a cut above most CBM's since..