momma

All Star
Daps
Movie was brutal for me. Even excusing the out of touch song choices, the cheesy and shallow dialogue, and really plastic-y weird looking CGI, the meat and potatoes of the movie, like Arthur having any actual depth as a character, was missing. The movie had a ton of potential and a really good thing going with Manta (which they messed up badly) but in the end it just felt like an overly long and un-satisfying typical forgettable blockbuster. There's also a lot of style-over-substance scenes/shots that add nothing to the actual storytelling and just take up time in the movie, and a whole lot of stupid dumb shyt like Mera's jellyfish dress :why:

I've seen 20 MCU movies, like 6 of these DC ones, about 12 Fox X-Men movies, and a handful more from Sony. This movie did nothing new or interesting whatsoever as a contribution to the superhero genre. That'd be fine if it was at least a competent movie, but I don't think it is. None of the supporting characters clicked, the story had no heart or message, and I didn't feel any chemistry between the main characters. Mera and Aquaman is just forced in Hollywood romance bullshyt, the mentor relationship between Volko and Aquaman lacked development, redemption arc for Orm made no sense, and the only connection Atlanna has to any of these characters is with Orm yet they never delved into their relationship at all, so their reunion at the end lacked any emotional substance.

I did like what they did with Arthur's dad, who was in all honesty somehow the best developed character from beginning to end with an actual journey as a character and some emotional resonance, with like 5 minutes of screen time. I think Jason Momoa was a great choice as well, but again his character had no depth whatsoever.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
See, that's clear nonsense and I would know. I wrote my Age Of Ultron review like 15 minutes after I saw the movie and it's probably the most referred to and quoted film review on this website. @FlyRy can't keep this review out of his mouth, he can't stop bringing it up. That genuine after-movie emotion resonates with folks, whether positive or negative, and creates the opportunity to debate. How many times does someone bring up or even remember your patented lukewarm takes™?
Glad you brought it up. That outlandish review still get me in tears when comparing to the trash that Ultron turned out to be :laff:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gave it a watch yesterday. I was actually enjoying it until the Pitbull song. That exact moment is when the movie starting to come apart. I started to notice that beside the action scenes nothing was really clicking. Momoa was good but the rest of the cast didn't add anything. Not the actors' fault at all because the script/dialog didn't give them much to work with.

This could've been good if they tightened up the story. Manta should have been introduced but saved for the sequel. Not a fan of that "you killed my dad so I want revenge" angle. He was too one note with the anger. Why didn't they go with the Young Justice costume instead of that Power Rangers villain look?
latest

"Call me Black Manta." That line was cheesy:hhh:

The crab king looked silly as hell talking tough with those googly eyes:mjlol:

Octopuslove on the drums:pachaha:

As others have said the convo and kiss in the middle of a warzone:gucci:

Good action scenes but weak everything else gets a 6/10 for me. DC this ain't it.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gave it a watch yesterday. I was actually enjoying it until the Pitbull song. That exact moment is when the movie starting to come apart. I started to notice that beside the action scenes nothing was really clicking. Momoa was good but the rest of the cast didn't add anything. Not the actors' fault at all because the script/dialog didn't give them much to work with.

This could've been good if they tightened up the story. Manta should have been introduced but saved for the sequel. Not a fan of that "you killed my dad so I want revenge" angle. He was too one note with the anger. Why didn't they go with the Young Justice costume instead of that Power Rangers villain look?
latest

"Call me Black Manta." That line was cheesy:hhh:

The crab king looked silly as hell talking tough with those googly eyes:mjlol:

Octopuslove on the drums:pachaha:

As others have said the convo and kiss in the middle of a warzone:gucci:

Good action scenes but weak everything else gets a 6/10 for me. DC this ain't it.

The crab king was hilarious as fukk but thats just aquaman’s goofy ass roster of characters so u gotta give Wan credit for sticking with it cause if he didnt have creative control those execs would be like wtf are we making a movie about

:russ:

Like another breh said in this thread. This is DC’s version of GOTG because u would never think it would work in live action. They said this was a soft reboot of the universe but how? Are they going to put arthur and wonder woman as the justice league leaders until they recast supes and bats?
Man of steel is still my favorite dc film

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
we saw it last night at the IMAX. Yoooooo the visuals were gorgeous and the action was incredible. James Wan da gawd. DC definitely got one. I can see now why this is making a ton of money.

This is gonna have some replay value too. The world building :wow:

Storyline was similar to things we've seen but it's a storyline that's been around thousands of years. Still, Wan was very imaginative with what he did here.

There has not been a super hero movie quite like this. The underwater scenes were simply amazing and this is a lot like an Indiana Jones type adventure too. That's what I was thinking with the middle portion.

Jason Momoa was solid. He has charisma. He's very much The Rock like. Amber Heard lookin sexy af. :noah:

I give this a strong 8.5/10 maybe a 9 on rewatch

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This thing I keep seeing that this feels like a Marvel film is such bullshyt. This feels like no fukking Superhero film before it.

Exactly. Wan didn't take anything from Marvel or any other comic book movie before this. There is no comic book movie with visuals and world building like this one. :whew:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The action in Aquaman shyts on any other movie this year.

BP/IW have better/tighter storytelling/dialogues though, overall I would rate them higher. Visually Aquaman is so different it's difficult to judge.

That action though, Wan was perfect for this - he brought his horror skills to the Trench, that shyt was incredible.

That "Trench" sequence was fukkin crazy breh :ohhh:

You right Wan did bring his horror skills to that whole thing and he did a Fast movie before too.. he can do any action sequence. Anyone comparing this to other action they seen this year nahhh. I'd put Infinity War with it, definitely not Black Panther tho