Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
There's a whole lot of middle ground between a bad script and Citizen Kane:comeon:

Point is 90% of these comic movies have basic ass scripts with plot holes and questionable dialogue and scenes. Just be entertaining

You got nikkaz dissecting editing and all kinds of technical shyt like they Siskel and Ebert. Get the fukk outta my face

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
We need to have a serious discussion about Black Manta.

I will say that the positive was seeing the suit in action. Wasn't CGI like they did with Panther at the end. Looked like a real threat.

However, everything before that :francis::patrice::snoop:

Everything about his characterization felt like a homage to all mediocre or bad black superhero movies from the 90s.

Spawn + Steel caliber. damn

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Point is 90% of these comic movies have basic ass scripts with plot holes and questionable dialogue and scenes. Just be entertaining

You got nikkaz dissecting editing and all kinds of technical shyt like they Siskel and Ebert. Get the fukk outta my face
:jbhmm: I feel where you’re coming from on this but I disagree. You should be able to judge a movie for doing what a movie should do as far as following its logic and its rules and not being sloppily written. Yes, different flicks have different functions; a power rangers movie isn’t aiming to do what The Godfather is doing and they should be judged on that basis, but that doesn’t mean basic competence should be thrown out the window

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:jbhmm: I feel where you’re coming from on this but I disagree. You should be able to judge a movie for doing what a movie should do as far as following its logic and its rules and not being sloppily written. Yes, different flicks have different functions; a power rangers movie isn’t aiming to do what The Godfather is doing and they should be judged on that basis, but that doesn’t mean basic competence should be thrown out the window

There's plot holes and questionable shyt in most of these comic joints. You gotta excuse some of it. Again, as long as it's not ridiculous and entertaining that's all you can ask for.

You got some of these review sites that blatantly cherry pick with agendas.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
There's plot holes and questionable shyt in most of these comic joints. You gotta excuse some of it. Again, as long as it's not ridiculous and entertaining that's all you can ask for.

You got some of these review sites that blatantly cherry pick with agendas.

Nah they’re reviewing film as the way film should function. No one deliberately puts plot holes in movies unless it’s satire or they’re fukking around. That’s not an agenda looking for shyt to line up when the aim is for it to line up. If comic book movies were all Naked Gun type flicks then you’re right. But they’re not so nah you call them out for it.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

There's basic scripts that work and those that don't.

It's a movie and editing, dialog, music, and acting are important. Look at the first 20 or so minutes of BvS and how poorly it's put together. That all counts towards the overall quality of the finished product. That doesn't go out the window because it's a comic book movie.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
he says it smugly, but that is actually how to board a ship in the military/ civilian ship
I know that’s a real thing, it just came off mad corny.

I feel like they did a lot of the cliche shyt on purpose...I don’t know the directors other work like that but I feel like he was kind of poking fun at the SH movies.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I know that’s a real thing, it just came of mad corny.

I feel like they did a lot of the cliche shyt on purpose...I don’t know the directors other work like that but I feel like he was kind of poking fun at the SH movies.

James wan. The conjuring, conjuring 2, insidious, and saw. Oh and furious 7

He said his aim was to make a big silly fantasy movie that embraced its nature. So the “come aboard” line, followed by a guitar riff, is totally on purpose

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Nah they’re reviewing film as the way film should function. No one deliberately puts plot holes in movies unless it’s satire or they’re fukking around. That’s not an agenda looking for shyt to line up when the aim is for it to line up. If comic book movies were all Naked Gun type flicks then you’re right. But they’re not so nah you call them out for it.

I feel you. The problem is it's not being consistently called out. That's my problem. Don't be hypocritical.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I feel you. The problem is it's not being consistently called out. That's my problem. Don't be hypocritical.

Yeah I won’t front or lie that I read every review or any review period :russ: so a lot of that misses me. I do know tho, just as someone who does write shyt, you’re forgiving of certain things if you’re entertained and if most everything else works. When you’re bored to death or the shyt just isn’t working for you, you find things to comment on because they’re more glaring.

The Godfather isn’t a perfect movie by any means but because it does damn near everything right, the things it doesn’t do as well are overlooked or not even noticed until a second or third viewing.

Ultimately, the idea of reviewing a flick off one watch is asinine :yeshrug:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
There's basic scripts that work and those that don't.

It's a movie and editing, dialog, music, and acting are important. Look at the first 20 or so minutes of BvS and how poorly it's put together. That all counts towards the overall quality of the finished product. That doesn't go out the window because it's a comic book movie.

Didn't think BvS was THAT bad. Lot of negative pile on to me. Wasn't great no doubt, but no the monstrosity lots made it out to be.

But no doubt it could have been better considering it was Batman and Supes

WW stole the show

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
James wan. The conjuring, conjuring 2, insidious, and saw. Oh and furious 7

He said his aim was to make a big silly fantasy movie that embraced its nature. So the “come aboard” line, followed by a guitar riff, is totally on purpose

They gotta start picking better people:hhh:

I'll give this a watch tomorrow. Gonna check for a decent bootleg.

Didn't think BvS was THAT bad. Lot of negative pile on to me. Wasn't great no doubt, but no the monstrosity lots made it out to be.

But no doubt it could have been better considering it was Batman and Supes

WW stole the show

BvS was absolute :trash:. The Batman warehouse fight was the only thing I can compliment the film on.

I didn't care for WW either.

Last edited: