kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
DC dun finally did it :wow: they finally got a movie i can see myself watching over and over again :ohlawd: this shyt was flaaaammmesssss :whew:....nothing new in regards to anything story wise or character wise but the spectacle of it was something that hasnt been seen on screen too many times. The fights :cotdayum: the atlantean world :cotdayum: this asian went HAM with the visuals :cotdayum: my dikk still hard from it :cotdayum:

Only negatives i really have is black manta (he got washed as usual like in the comics but he just seems kinda cheesy to me. That whole sequence of him creating the suit just seemed random. Plus i like his comic origin a lot more than this), and i felt they did that "in a normal conversation then an explosion happens" thing one too many times. Other than that everything was lit. Oh and i also felt like sea cacs were doing non sea cacs very wrong in this. It was like if u werent a cac of the sea u were the lowest of the low. That whole fishermen sequence had me :pacspit:....King Orm was dat dude tho. Not because i agreed with him or anything but just because dude was badass lol i really liked dolph lundren as well in this. Mira was cool too. First day bluray cop for sure. Congrats DC, it took u long enough :mjheh:

EDIT: and i see where @TheGodling is coming from as well.
As far as sequels go, wtf else can they do :jbhmm:...u had a sea war, battle for the throne, saved moms, got his woman, and stopped a war on land. What else is there for him to do? Who can be a big enough threat for a sequel? Iono but i'd like to see what happens with this

EDIT again: It was a 8.5/10 movie for me btw

Last edited:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
DC dun finally did it :wow: they finally got a movie i can see myself watching over and over again :ohlawd: this shyt was flaaaammmesssss :whew:....nothing new in regards to anything story wise or character wise but the spectacle of it was something that hasnt been seen on screen too many times. The fights :cotdayum: the atlantean world :cotdayum: this asian went HAM with the visuals :cotdayum: my dikk still hard from it :cotdayum:

Only negatives i really have is black manta (he got washed as usual like in the comics but he just seems kinda cheesy to me. That whole sequence of him creating the suit just seemed random. Plus i like his comic origin a lot more than this), and i felt they did that "in a normal conversation then an explosion happens" thing one too many times. Other than that everything was lit. Oh and i also felt like sea cacs were doing non sea cacs very wrong in this. It was like if u werent a cac of the sea u were the lowest of the low. That whole fishermen sequence had me :pacspit:....King Orm was dat dude tho. Not because i agreed with him or anything but just because dude was badass lol i really liked dolph lundren as well in this. Mira was cool too. First day bluray cop for sure. Congrats DC, it took u long enough :mjheh:

EDIT: and i see where @TheGodling is coming from as well.
As far as sequels go, wtf else can they do :jbhmm:...u had a sea war, battle for the throne, saved moms, got his woman, and stopped a war on land. What else is there for him to do? Who can be a big enough threat for a sequel? Iono but i'd like to see what happens with this

A LOT more can be done for the sequel... easily. if you read the comics you'd understand there's so much they can do in terms of exploring the sea itself and the issues that can result.. one potential one is, an invasion from ''land'' ala Avatar just comic version.

don't limit your vision... in Wan & Snyder we trust... #AquaBilly

kingdarius

Daps
Reppin
A LOT more can be done for the sequel... easily. if you read the comics you'd understand there's so much they can do in terms of exploring the sea itself and the issues that can result.. one potential one is, an invasion from ''land'' ala Avatar just comic version.

Thats a option but there's no real threat there. They've shown too much of the strength of atlantis for that to be feasible for me. Plus you'd have a superman type problem where he's just running through regular ppl and that gets boring after awhile. They gonna have to come with something more intriguing for me personally. You lost me at the bolded btw :francis:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Wish I could have saw it on Saturday but it was my mom's birthday and she damn sure wasn't trying to go watch a comic book movie(she doesn't like them except Batman 89 and The Dark Knight).

Definitely going to watch Thursday night. From what people have been saying DC has a real winner on their hands.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City

The second one could also be a bit more personal, flip the script and show more of Atlantean culture while Aquaman tries to set things right with his brother.

Background can indeed easily be sea vs land, with Orm kind of having been justified in his distrust of the landfolk + you could then bring in somebody like Superman/Wonder Woman for a cameo and create some internal conflict - in the comics Aquaman told them multiple times "I have my people under control, do you have yours?".

There's LOTS of ways to take this - without simply repeating the rollercoster ride that was part 1.

Imagine a Meera/Wonder Woman scene :takedat:

For the dialogue, of course :troll:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Thats a option but there's no real threat there. They've shown too much of the strength of atlantis for that to be feasible for me. Plus you'd have a superman type problem where he's just running through regular ppl and that gets boring after awhile. They gonna have to come with something more intriguing for me personally. You lost me at the bolded btw :francis:

Give a nicca an inch and they wanna take a mile:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Martha

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The octopus drummer for the Ring of Fire scene seemed random af and incredibly silly, but then I found out the next day that it was a nod to Aquaman's silver age history when had a pet octopus that he trained to be a musician :russ:
Topo! Aquaman in the comics trained that fukking octopus to do everything from play instruments to archery.
Topo-Octopus-DC-Comics-Aquaman-a.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
As far as sequels, the second movie is already set up to be an adaptation of the Search for Mera story from the 1960s Aquaman comic.
Basically Mera goes missing and Aquaman goes on a quest to find her. Black Manta was the main villain of the story and the secondary villain was a member of Aquaman's court in Atlantis who used his absence to try and take over Atlantis.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Fandango is saying its outpacing Wonder Woman pre ticket sales..which of course opened to $104 million first week.

I'll probably check it out Sat since I'll have that free 2018 Charger at my disposal till Monday.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Homie Snyder hit the bricks long ago. You better snap out that dream :russ:

kingdarius

Daps
Reppin
As far as sequels, the second movie is already set up to be an adaptation of the Search for Mera story from the 1960s Aquaman comic.
Basically Mera goes missing and Aquaman goes on a quest to find her. Black Manta was the main villain of the story and the secondary villain was a member of Aquaman's court in Atlantis who used his absence to try and take over Atlantis.
:patrice: kinda dont wanna see black manta anymore
Dude I work with told me this was a must see.Said it was the best DC based flick since The Dark Knight.
Its up there with man of steel. Definitely the best official DCEU movie