hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I just wanna know if AquaBreh threw a shark at a muthafukka.

I like when Aquaman throws sharks at muthafukkas.
:mjgrin:
I'll throw a shark at you crazy.
61fd2149277567e3cb5a19a8baab4b2e.png

Fred.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Totally shocked with the cgi/special effects with the trashness of justice league and WW cgi. They really did it. I thought i was watching a cartoon at times. Dialogue though at times was cringeworthy. All those speeches before a fight was corny. But overall it was a decent flick. I just acceot that theyll just be inferior to Marvel. Which is sad given the Dark Knight series. Just dont get how they lost their swagger

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Saw this last night and wanted to let it marinate for a while. This was really dope. There were things Wan did I never thought I'd ever see on screen, like Ocean Master in living color, Aquaman in his suit in living color and not looking silly, and just the sheer vastness of Atlantis. He made Flash Gordon in the water combined with Romancing the Stone, which is a combo that doesn't seem like it would work but Wan pulled it off. There are moments of clunky dialogue and two scenes I'd take out completely because they served no purpose. Took a while for the flick to find its sea legs or at least for me to figure out what he was doing with it, but it was really dope once it got into a rhythm. And it's a gorgeous looking movie as well.

All of the actors were giving their all, even when the script had them saying some silly stuff (Dafoe, Heard, and Wilson all had to deal with that at times) but they're all really earnest in what they're saying, much how the first Thor felt. But Wan committed so hard to what he was doing and making an 80s fantasy sci-fi flick, that he pulled it off. Props to him for steering the ship and hopefully they can take this momentum and churn out some good flicks

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I loved this movie. There is a certain enthusiastic spirit to the movie that you can just tell everyone involved was focused on just making the most fun movie possible. Visually it is stunning. The costume design is incredible and will likely get them some award attention next year. The action was extremely well done and the underwater scenes were crazy good.

I do think that a little creative editing could have trimmed things down to make it flow tighter but even at nearly 2 and a half hours it never really drags.

The performances were all good with some better than others. Mamoa is never going to be mentioned in the same breath as DeNiro but he embodies this version of Aquaman like a second skin; Amber Heard was pretty and never did anything to make me cringe at her; Patrick Wilson did well with Ocean Master, he was a pretty standard villain but he had convincing motivation for his actions and you felt that he always considered himself the hero of the story.

Best of all was Yahya Abdul-Mateen as Black Manta. His origin was perfect and he played the character's vengeance fueled rage so well that you really couldn't argue with why he wanted Aquaman dead so badly. I look forward to seeing him expand the character in any sequels we get.

Finally I have to give James Wan credit for making this movie where so much shyt was happening somehow not feel overstuffed. Aquaman was basically a sci-fi movie, a heroe's journey movie, an adventure movie, a horror movie and a comic book movie all rolled into one and Wan made it all work.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Saw this last night and wanted to let it marinate for a while. This was really dope. There were things Wan did I never thought I'd ever see on screen, like Ocean Master in living color, Aquaman in his suit in living color and not looking silly, and just the sheer vastness of Atlantis. He made Flash Gordon in the water combined with Romancing the Stone, which is a combo that doesn't seem like it would work but Wan pulled it off. There are moments of clunky dialogue and two scenes I'd take out completely because they served no purpose. Took a while for the flick to find its sea legs or at least for me to figure out what he was doing with it, but it was really dope once it got into a rhythm. And it's a gorgeous looking movie as well.

All of the actors were giving their all, even when the script had them saying some silly stuff (Dafoe, Heard, and Wilson all had to deal with that at times) but they're all really earnest in what they're saying, much how the first Thor felt. But Wan committed so hard to what he was doing and making an 80s fantasy sci-fi flick, that he pulled it off. Props to him for steering the ship and hopefully they can take this momentum and churn out some good flicks
Bruh, I had the exact same thought when Arthur and Mera went on their their quest...they were totally channeling Romancing the Stone's whole vibe.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
okay :leon:

Warner Bros.' blockbuster Aquaman continues to unite audiences across the seven seas this weekend, as its record-breaking run in China fuels an overall international box office cume expected to hit $250+/- million this weekend. Ticket sales in the Middle Kingdom should send the King of Atlantis north of $185-190+ million there, on its way toward a likely tally of $250+ million in China alone, suggesting a foreign cume exceeding $600-700+ million (if not higher).

With the Christmas holiday season upon us, Aquaman should enjoy strong legs to carry it through the rest of the month and into the New Year. We'll see what sort of numbers James Wan's eye-popping action-adventure extravaganza puts up this coming week and into its domestic opening, and whether those figures are big enough to confirm my suspicion that we're looking at a $1 billion holiday hit that's one of the season's biggest performers.

'Aquaman' Sails Toward Huge $250 Million Global Box Office

BILLY GANG.. FUCCIN BILLY :wow:

No doubt. I was just expecting him to play a bigger role.

he was staring as a secondary villain in a somewhat origin movie NOT about him. why would he have a bigger role ?? didn't you see the end credit ? thats what a sequel is for.

Manta was FLAMES in all his scenes. nikka put the BEATS on Aquaman all over the sicily island