prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I though this movie was getting reviews and I sat there today watching going "Yeah its fine but what am I missing"

Then I saw the RT and metacritic and was like "Oh" Now I think its been rated a bit too low as well.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
just watched it,
the action scenes in this....my god:wow:

For all the flaws it has, the action really made it all worth it.

Ill story (bit too much), amazing visuals, dope soundtrack (except for one wack ass rapper), dope actors and just perfect action scenes.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
MY REVIEW:

Outline:

Movie starts with the Meeting of Thomas & Queen Atlanna. it was a real nice and sweet story. everything kicks off when Arthur is born. And everything is non stop ACTION until the end.

Story:

-The story is a nice big adventure on the search for the Kings Trident. (the guardian of the Trident :wow: ) they took directly from the NEW 52 comic book and also from the Throne of Atlantis film (Orm planning the fake submarine attack)

-The search for the trident took us through the emotions, Aquamans backstory, losing his mom and never seeing her. romance building with Mera.

-The buildup to Orin getting King Atlans trident was so magnificent. at that point we all knew he was worthy and it was WOW thats my nikka !!! HE MADE IT moment.

Characters:

-Aquaman: i LOVED his take on this character, i could never understand why anyone would think a half breed from 2 entire worlds would end up a blonde, blue eyed white man (smh). Momoa captures it all beautiful, his gruffy yet down to earth and loving character makes you root for him from the start. and his naivety of Atlantis culture makes you feel for him how over his head he is in this quest. especially the ring of fire trial.

-Princess Mera: She was a FIGHTER, she wasn't no damsel in distress. She took charge when needed and held her own from start to end. Her water bending powers were done really WELL and she was creative with it.

-King Orm: LOOK !! LOOK !!! THIS nikka HERE ... wow. he was very ROYAL & CHARISMATIC from start to the damn end. this nikka carried himself like a KING and he was trained like a damn elite, took no shyt from no one and took pride on his ideals. From his point of view you definitely understand where he's coming from. surface dwellers are messing shyt up and he's tired of it. I can't wait to see more of him in the sequel.

-King Nereus: He didnt have a lot to do but he was there throughout the film and wasn't no punk.

-Vulko: Ahhh.. the trusty vizier was so cool. He was the joining point of both Land & Atlantis along side training and feeding knowledge to Momoa. his trident skills were dope. the finishing move he taught Orin :wow: :damn: that shyt was PIFFFF !!!!

-Queen Atlanna: Queen mother wasn't NO PUNK :noah: when the Atlantean soldiers came to the crib, wow shawty put the ENTIRE beats on ALL of them. she was flipping, twirling, poking nikkas up with no mercy.. THASSS A QUEEN !!! :wow:

-Black Manta: I LOVED THIS nikka !!! they showed his genius intellect and strength. reverse engineered Atlantean tech to make his Black Manta suit which was AMAZING in ACTION. he put the INSTRUMENTALS on Momoa. and his motivation for hating Orin was somewhat valid (even tho them nikkas was pirate criminals). Can't wait to see more of him in the sequel too. I know Him and Shin planing something ill :demonic:

Visuals:

-the CGI was fuccin PIFF !!! :noah: , the water effects was amazing. there were some scenes were you could tell it was cgi. but a damn movie 70% underwater, man they NAILED it.. they really NAILED IT.

-The fight scenes were OUT OF THIS WORLD. Tridents spinning, the water effects rippling. the way the animals were moving. hell even the way dialogue sounds on land and underwater. wow. Wan really outdid himself :wow:

-The way Wan used camera angles was just amazing, from fight scenes, to chase scenes, hell the TRENCH SCENE, the camera pans out and its like looking at a painting and you see just how much screwed they are. that camera work was just simply amazing.

The 7 Kingdoms:

-Atlantis: this KINGDOM was beautiful, it wasn't just no set piece, cgi made land that we brush around. they took us into Atlantis and showed us this beautiful kingdom.. the guards that watch people come and go. the animals that transport things around. it was amazing seeing the entire kingdom of Atlantis. the throne room felt so ethereal :wow:

Xebel - We don't see this kingdom at all, except for when Nereus comes to meet Orm and participate in the almost war.

Fisherman- THIS KINGDOM WAS BEAUTIFUL. they were a peaceful, philosophical people who hated violence (shame their king died like a hoe)

Brine- we only saw them at the war, but they had some big ass crab mobile that operated as a ship. these nikkas were wild lol

Trench- :demonic: thats all i can say. right from their introduction you knew these nikkas wasn't to play with. ill as hell

Unknown- this kingdom was a jurassic lost type world kingdom that Atlanna somehow escaped to through a portal (right out the New 52 comic) it was full of dinosaurs and where the big ass kraken lived.

Pros:

-CGI was AMAZING
-3rd act didnt fall flat, it was actually an AMAZING end to such a ride.
-The one track shot of the rooftop chase is EASILY scene of the year.. NO CAP !! it was beautiful from start to end.
-Every character brought something to their role, even those who didnt have much to do (Murk toilet scene :mjlol: )
-EVERY fight scene was 10/10 . the choreography was just to die for... literally lol

Cons:

-General Murk could've had more to do in this role, hopefully it expands in the sequel.
-There was only like 2 jokes that could've been removed.

OVERALL : 9/10 & KING ORM WAS RIGHT !!! fukk the surface dwellers :pacspit:

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
MY REVIEW:

Outline:

Movie starts with the Meeting of Thomas & Queen Atlanna. it was a real nice and sweet story. everything kicks off when Arthur is born. And everything is non stop ACTION until the end.

Story:

-The story is a nice big adventure on the search for the Kings Trident. (the guardian of the Trident :wow: ) they took directly from the NEW 52 comic book and also from the Throne of Atlantis film (Orm planning the fake submarine attack)

-The search for the trident took us through the emotions, Aquamans backstory, losing his mom and never seeing her. romance building with Mera.

-The buildup to Orin getting King Atlans trident was so magnificent. at that point we all knew he was worthy and it was WOW thats my nikka !!! HE MADE IT moment.

Characters:

-Aquaman: i LOVED his take on this character, i could never understand why anyone would think a half breed from 2 entire worlds would end up a blonde, blue eyed white man (smh). Momoa captures it all beautiful, his gruffy yet down to earth and loving character makes you root for him from the start. and his naivety of Atlantis culture makes you feel for him how over his head he is in this quest. especially the ring of fire trial.

-Princess Mera: She was a FIGHTER, she wasn't no damsel in distress. She took charge when needed and held her own from start to end. Her water bending powers were done really WELL and she was creative with it.

-King Orm: LOOK !! LOOK !!! THIS nikka HERE ... wow. he was very ROYAL & CHARISMATIC from start to the damn end. this nikka carried himself like a KING and he was trained like a damn elite, took no shyt from no one and took pride on his ideals. From his point of view you definitely understand where he's coming from. surface dwellers are messing shyt up and he's tired of it. I can't wait to see more of him in the sequel.

-King Nereus: He didnt have a lot to do but he was there throughout the film and wasn't no punk.

-Vulko: Ahhh.. the trusty vizier was so cool. He was the joining point of both Land & Atlantis along side training and feeding knowledge to Momoa. his trident skills were dope. the finishing move he taught Orin :wow: :damn: that shyt was PIFFFF !!!!

-Queen Atlanna: Queen mother wasn't NO PUNK :noah: when the Atlantean soldiers came to the crib, wow shawty put the ENTIRE beats on ALL of them. she was flipping, twirling, poking nikkas up with no mercy.. THASSS A QUEEN !!! :wow:

-Black Manta: I LOVED THIS nikka !!! they showed his genius intellect and strength. reverse engineered Atlantean tech to make his Black Manta suit which was AMAZING in ACTION. he put the INSTRUMENTALS on Momoa. and his motivation for hating Orin was somewhat valid (even tho them nikkas was pirate criminals). Can't wait to see more of him in the sequel too. I know Him and Shin planing something ill :demonic:

Visuals:

-the CGI was fuccin PIFF !!! :noah: , the water effects was amazing. there were some scenes were you could tell it was cgi. but a damn movie 70% underwater, man they NAILED it.. they really NAILED IT.

-The fight scenes were OUT OF THIS WORLD. Tridents spinning, the water effects rippling. the way the animals were moving. hell even the way dialogue sounds on land and underwater. wow. Wan really outdid himself :wow:

The 7 Kingdoms:

-Atlantis: this KINGDOM was beautiful, it wasn't just no set piece, cgi made land that we brush around. they took us into Atlantis and showed us this beautiful kingdom.. the guards that watch people come and go. the animals that transport things around. it was amazing seeing the entire kingdom of Atlantis. the throne room felt so ethereal :wow:

Xebel - We don't see this kingdom at all, except for when Nereus comes to meet Orm and participate in the almost war.

Fisherman- THIS KINGDOM WAS BEAUTIFUL. they were a peaceful, philosophical people who hated violence (shame their king died like a hoe)

Brine- we only saw them at the war, but they had some big ass crab mobile that operated as a ship. these nikkas were wild lol

Trench- :demonic: thats all i can say. right from their introduction you knew these nikkas wasn't to play with. ill as hell

Unknown- this kingdom was a jurassic lost type world kingdom that Atlanna somehow escaped to through a portal (right out the New 52 comic) it was full of dinosaurs and where the big ass kraken lived.

Pros:

-CGI was AMAZING
-3rd act didnt fall flat, it was actually an AMAZING end to such a ride.
-The one track shot of the rooftop chase is EASILY scene of the year.. NO CAP !! it was beautiful from start to end.
-Every character brought something to their role, even those who didnt have much to do (Murk toilet scene :mjlol: )
-EVERY fight scene was 10/10 . the choreography was just to die for... literally lol

Cons:

-General Murk could've had more to do in this role, hopefully it expands in the sequel.
-There was only like 2 jokes that could've been removed.

OVERALL : 9/10 & KING ORM WAS RIGHT !!! fukk the surface dwellers :pacspit:

hqdefault.jpg

"But Black Dynamite, I'm a surface dweller!"

Fred.