richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I have Amazon Prime so I could see it on the 15th but it's also my mom's birthday. She doesn't like any superhero movies except Batman '89(mainly because of Jack Nicholson) so taking her to see it is out the question. Trying to figure out what to do with her in the morning/afternoon so I'll be free at 7PM. :patrice:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I might be alone in this, but does anyone else find the preoccupation some have with Aquaman/Jason Momoa being a "bro" to be corny as fukk? It comes as a bunch of nerds being mad at jocks or some shyt like that. Especially when a lot of those same nerds are all about that frat boy/jock type humor and personality when it comes from like a Seth Mcfarlane or Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool.
Momoa would have been a perfect Lobo IMO. Aquaman in the comics never comes across like he does in Justice League. Don't get me wrong because I like him but it's hard for me to picture him as the Aquaman from the comics like Jackman for Wolverine, Stewart for Xavier, Evans for Captain America, Holland as a teenage/ultimate Spider-Man, Reynolds as Deadpool, etc.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Anyone doing the 12/15 Amazon Prime viewing? Bought my ticket this morning.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I have Amazon Prime so I could see it on the 15th but it's also my mom's birthday. She doesn't like any superhero movies except Batman '89(mainly because of Jack Nicholson) so taking her to see it is out the question. Trying to figure out what to do with her in the morning/afternoon so I'll be free at 7PM. :patrice:

Your screening isn't full? Mine theater was full the same day it was announced for Prime members

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The original Mary Poppins told the mouse to kiss her clit and she instead decided to voice a mythical character in the Aquaman film cause disney put the new MP film in the same week as AquaGAWD .. fam thats mad looooooooooooooool

ENERGY !!! :wow:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
I might be alone in this, but does anyone else find the preoccupation some have with Aquaman/Jason Momoa being a "bro" to be corny as fukk? It comes as a bunch of nerds being mad at jocks or some shyt like that. Especially when a lot of those same nerds are all about that frat boy/jock type humor and personality when it comes from like a Seth Mcfarlane or Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool.

Wheres the comparison,Aquaman is supposed to be royalty,not a fake ass Stone Cold Steve Austin:martin:
Seems like they just forced that on the character as a way to get representation for all the demographics.
Royalty and nice guy boyscout were already taken,so lets make up a personality that young white boy "rebels" will think is bad ass:skip:

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Wheres the comparison,Aquaman is supposed to be royalty,not a fake ass Stone Cold Steve Austin:martin:
Seems like they just forced that on the character as a way to get representation for all the demographics.
Royalty and nice guy boyscout were already taken,so lets make up a personality that young white boy "rebels" will think is bad ass:skip:
Thor in the MCU is every bit the bro Aquaman is after Ragnarok and no one bats an eye. Why? Because pre-broification, when they tried to play him straight, Thor was dull as dirt. Easily the most forgettable Avenger save Hawkeye. Aquaman would have suffered the same fate, no doubt. These are adaptations; they are supposed to change things.

Plus the whole point of Aquaman's character since the New 52 and Rebirth is that he doesn't see himself as royalty. He's supposed to act like a normal person, with any royal-like affects being for show.

Momoa takes it in a different direction, but he's not performing the sacrilege nerds on the internet - many of whom don't even care about Aquaman normally, btw - act like he is.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Thor in the MCU is every bit the bro Aquaman is after Ragnarok and no one bats an eye. Why? Because pre-broification, when they tried to play him straight, Thor was dull as dirt. Easily the most forgettable Avenger save Hawkeye. Aquaman would have suffered the same fate, no doubt. These are adaptations; they are supposed to change things.

Plus the whole point of Aquaman's character since the New 52 and Rebirth is that he doesn't see himself as royalty. He's supposed to act like a normal person, with any royal-like affects being for show.

Momoa takes it in a different direction, but he's not performing the sacrilege nerds on the internet - many of whom don't even care about Aquaman normally, btw - act like he is.

These are all valid points:ehh:.
Momoa's directions stinks though,maybe it seeming like a fake ass Thor impression is whats causing all the uproar.
Because your right,I don't really care about Aquaman but everything about this rock n roll antihero aquaman is annoying to me so far.
Thor was boring pre Ragnarok but has become one of my favorites,so far Momosa has done nothing for me except be a try hard.
Will a full movie change that?of course it could.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
These are all valid points:ehh:.
Momoa's directions stinks though,maybe it seeming like a fake ass Thor impression is whats causing all the uproar.
Because your right,I don't really care about Aquaman but everything about this rock n roll antihero aquaman is annoying to me so far.
Thor was boring pre Ragnarok but has become one of my favorites,so far Momosa has done nothing for me except be a try hard.
Will a full movie change that?of course it could.
Well the problem with Momoa's Aquaman is that he hasn't had anything to do so far. He had the most characterization out of any of the new members in Justice League and they still didn't give him enough meat to his character for people to really dig into beyond the broness. His movie looks to be addressing that.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mamoa is corny as hell and anytime I watch him in action as Aqua man I can't help but cringe and the demographic he is playing/pandering too are corny, lame white guys.

I thought he and Flash were the worst from an awful cast in Justice League, this direction of Aqua man isn't for me.