Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
The only reason I would kinda of disagree with you and agree with buddy is based off whats been more heavily promoted in say the last decade or so and the current climate of the world now.

1st of all, are talking about it resonating with the underground core of people or the mainstream?

Like say, if this was 2002..... fukk no..... Spiderman was waaaaaaaaaaaay popular from cartoons, movies, toys, games, etc.

But when something else comes out and explodes like IM did and had became kind of a staple in the industry and been as strongly visible as its been with no real drop off (and still growing) its hard to really contest that and disagree.

Xmen kinda comes and goes and people still dont know them as intimately as say Spiderman or Ironman. At worst if you was to do one of them talk show skits and ask random peeps on the street to name them they'd probably only could name like 3-4 (Xavier, Wolverine, the black girl, and and and and and ummmmmmm Magneto?)

Deadpool isnt "that" popular.... the movie did great and the core fans did a great job cultivating this as well with the marketing...... but lets be real...... the no one really even talked about him till say the last 2 years ago.
This.

but i never said Tony was higher than Spiderman, my point is that Stark is a widely popular character in the Marvel Universe, mainly because of how identifyable he is.

"You know Ironman?"

random guy: "uh yeah sure the guy with the circle on his chest in robot suit? hes cool!"

Deadpool was never popular until as of late which is mainly because that character was reinvented from the old darker serious guy in xmen appearances to the wise cracking joker, which is is the BIG part of his appeal. People assume just because his movie came out that he was already a hit character among general public prior to this. It did very well, but again who the fukk isnt gonna watch a katana wiedling, gun totting, joker that resembles a ninja? :troll:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

Aquaman that dude brotha man besides Black Panther, Doc Strange, and Suicide Squad his movie is the one I'm most hyped about. Batmans solo and Infinity War of course with Thanos the gawd is going to be :blessed:. I just hope Marvel really reaaaally takes him serious unlike the other villains that have got the short end of the stick.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This.

but i never said Tony was higher than Spiderman, my point is that Stark is a widely popular character in the Marvel Universe, mainly because of how identifyable he is.

"You know Ironman?"

random guy: "uh yeah sure the guy with the circle on his chest in robot suit? hes cool!"

Deadpool was never popular until as of late which is mainly because that character was reinvented from the old darker serious guy in xmen appearances to the wise cracking joker, which is is the BIG part of his appeal. People assume just because his movie came out that he was already a hit character among general public prior to this. It did very well, but again who the fukk isnt gonna watch a katana wiedling, gun totting, joker that resembles a ninja? :troll:
Deadpool been popular . You think people complained about his portrayal in wolverine origins due to not knowing who he is?

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
The ocean covers more than 70 percent of the earth. Aquaman controls The majority of it. There's so much potential there, especially if they go the route where the atlanteans go to war with the people on land.

A lot of the dudes bashing Aquaman probably only know of dude from the cartoons, jokes and not too familiar in him in the comics. This movie is gonna change a lot of people's views on the character. O boy can be as threatening as Poseidon in a way. And he can be an arrogant dikk :pachaha:
:yeshrug:Only know him from Robot Chiken & Family Guy, so yeah I'm :mjlol: at this whole project. Like I almost woke up the house with that Aquaman swims into theaters on July 27, 2018 line.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Theres not a damn thing interesting about Aquaman. Not one. Just make him the Hawkeye of the group. Have him in Justice league. But dont waste your time on a solo movie NO ONE is interested in seeing :snoop:

Naw bruh...I been WAITING for them to do Aquaman...but it gotta be done right -
it's gotta be dark.
The fact that James Wan is doing it is a good sign, because he's a disturbed muffucca.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Lowkey I have always wanted to see more Aquaman than just comics and cartoons.
They better have some fine ass fish hos in the film :lolbron:
Sword_of_Atlantis_54.jpg

I'm in Asia and so my co-workers don't speak much English, and they definitely don't know who Aquaman is. I had to quickly explain to them that he is the king of the sea and can communicate with all marine life, etc etc
fukking idiots called him captain water :mjlol: fish whisperer:mjlol:

I'm done:mjlol: I just wanna see the film.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twi- whatever, ima keep watching superhero films regardless.

Bet he can't control freshwater life though :umad:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
How the fukk are they gonna film this? The underwater scenes I mean....this has so much potential

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
How the fukk are they gonna film this? The underwater scenes I mean....this has so much potential
I'm thinking the underwater stuff is going to be majority CGI because having Jason Momoa holding his breath and treading water is not going to look all that epic.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah is it going to be like filmed on land and they just add water effects?
I am more interested in WW and Flash than this. I fall into the camp that just doesn't give a fukk about the character, even though I don't know much I'm still not interested to learn more.
Jason Momoa I'm only familiar with him from GoT and all he did was grunt and speak a made up language. Can this guy act?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yeah is it going to be like filmed on land and they just add water effects?
I am more interested in WW and Flash than this. I fall into the camp that just doesn't give a fukk about the character, even though I don't know much I'm still not interested to learn more.
Jason Momoa I'm only familiar with him from GoT and all he did was grunt and speak a made up language. Can this guy act?
Dude is a pretty good actor. Check out his performance in the Sundance TV series The Red Road...it is one of the few times that he has been asked to actually act instead of focusing on his physicality primarily.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
aquamanmoviejasonmomoa-176392.png

A couple days ago, MTV News caught up with James Wan at CinemaCon, who was there promoting The Conjuring 2, and when asked about Aquaman, Wan mentioned how he's excited to explore the character's origin and is looking forward to erasing any lingering perception lame that Aquaman is a lame superhero that calls upon creatures from the sea to aid him in his fights.

“As we all know, Aquaman is somewhat the butt of the joke in the superhero world,” Wan said. “There’s something cool about that. I love the idea of being the underdog, coming in with a take on this underdog character and completely blow people’s expectations away. Like, ’Oh, you thought he was going to be a wimpy character? No no no.’ It’s going to be so cool.”

“There’s Justice League that happens before it, so I have to be respectful to that,” he added. “But in a lot of ways… it’s a continuation but there are origin elements as well — and that’s the story that I’m excited to tell.”

Aquaman will swim into theaters July 27, 2018.
So that means it will be even worse than I'm expecting it to be because that's pretty much the only way they blow expectations away.