Apple Music has now surpassed Spotify's user base in the US.

roadblocktdx

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I believe it. Apple ecosystem consumers actually spend money and aren't looking for bootleg/free ways of getting media. Content availability shifts to where the money is and Apple music will continue to grow. there's very little money in the Android based world because I feel like that user base is broke.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Do you have Netflix or pay a cable bill? Or did you have a Blockbuster card back in the day?

It’s pretty much the same concept.

I can’t imagine physically buying every movie I ever wanted to watch.

The point is you pay a recurring bill for access, who cares what it's access to, society is set up to keep you paying. Just as people buy/download dvd's/tv show box sets, they still pay for cable Hulu Netflix etc.

Streaming and owning aren't mutually exclusive :heh:

The only way that paying for streaming makes sense is if the individual buys more than $120 a year in albums

You can't compare it to utilities cause an individual really has no way to create the infrastructure for it . And even then there are ppl who decide to live off the grid or get solar powered everything

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
The only way that paying for streaming makes sense is if the individual buys more than $120 a year in albums

Yeah $120 a year was low for me when I was buying physical copies. I’m a music head.

I would buy a new CD almost every Tuesday.

I was spending $500 a year easily before I discovered LimeWire.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Yeah $120 a year was low for me when I was buying physical copies. I’m a music head.

I would buy a new CD almost every Tuesday.

I was spending $500 a year easily before I discovered LimeWire.
Same, I bought 2-6 cd's a month back then. $10 for pretty much endless access to music, including stuff I'd never buy or even waste time downloading since I wouldn't have known about it, is by far the best value in regards to "entertainment" related bills.

Ppl drop $15 just to go see one movie then say paying for streaming is silly...ok :heh:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
You're leading it when you buy cds.

It's not yours. It's just a copy
:ohhh:
Was i supposed to be paying monthly for these CDs I've had (in some cases for 20 years)? Is someone going to come and repossess all of them :PPicard:
What is the lease period for a CD? :Pgtfoh:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Access is what your paying for
basically like a gym membership
access to the building, equipment and multiple locations
access to a music library
the money it would take for you to buy every song on spotify vs the cost of monthly access
I already own virtually all of the hip hop music I want though. Why would I pay a monthly fee to listen to music I already own (in some cases on CD, cassette and vinyl)?
I do see the appeal for genres that I don't care about owning...but something I'm passionate about, I want to own it.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Do you have Netflix or pay a cable bill? Or did you have a Blockbuster card back in the day?

It’s pretty much the same concept.

I can’t imagine physically buying every movie I ever wanted to watch.
If I cared about movies as much as I did hip hop...I'd want to own all the movies i love. I don't, so I'm good with cable.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:russ:, the anti streaming crowd came in real quick. I ain't against cds completely. But they take a lot of space, and I ain't trying to buy an album for 2 songs that I like on it. With streaming, I can access content that I can't purchase, and access content that is related to what I like on the fly.

Even then if you just don't want to listen to anything new or/and listen to your personal collection, you can upload those CDs and stream that too.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
30 minutes of free music